Cricket

28 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Never seen much of the India v Australia 3rd test day one. 

See a bit. Maxwell and Smith batting really well. Kohli done his shoulder in fielding and was off for most of the day. 

Anyone know of any clubs in the Glasgow area who'd be willing to take on someone with next to no playing experience? Was a keeper when I played football, so I can at least catch a ball. Always quite liked Cricket, and was thinking it might be a good thing to take up the sport. I'm 24 though, so not sure if that would be too old to start?

15 hours ago, West_Side said:

Anyone know of any clubs in the Glasgow area who'd be willing to take on someone with next to no playing experience? Was a keeper when I played football, so I can at least catch a ball. Always quite liked Cricket, and was thinking it might be a good thing to take up the sport. I'm 24 though, so not sure if that would be too old to start?

Go to Pollok mate. Your first year is half price and they have teams with varying levels of ability. You can go along to the training sessions then get involved in matches if you feel like you want to make the step up. They give everybody an opportunity and they will have equipment and kit you can use so you don't have to buy your own (except your own box/cup of course). 

If you go somewhere like Clydesdale they'll laugh at you. Other clubs are more welcoming - Pollok, Ferguslie, Prestwick, Weirs. 

Just caught the news about the new T20 competition the ECB are to announce tomorrow..Initial reaction is BOOOO..Might change my mind when I can digest the finer details of the Competition..But slightly suspect that the ECB have already warned the Counties NOT to comment..??..

11 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Just caught the news about the new T20 competition the ECB are to announce tomorrow..Initial reaction is BOOOO..Might change my mind when I can digest the finer details of the Competition..But slightly suspect that the ECB have already warned the Counties NOT to comment..??..

Just been reading about the changes. I think the ECB need to do something to rival the IPL and BBL. The T20 blast isn't doing it. 

I think its worth a try for that reason, hopefully get more of the big hitters coming over to play in England over the summer. England is in trouble of being left behind buy the Aussies and India in terms of support for the sport. 

10 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

That Australia tour of India was a fucking brilliant test series.

Never seen much on the final test but seen on SSN this morning India won the series 2-1. At least the Aussies gave them a run for their money at times.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

Good knock from Alastair Cook against the Windies.

I'm not sure what W.G. would have to say about the pink cricket balls though.

Edit: Windies top batsman doing the duck-walk. ?

This West Indies side are one of the worst test playing sides I've seen. England will have this wrapped up by Sunday if the weather doesn't close in. 

5 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Broad and Anderson had better fill their boots this series because I can see them getting hammered in Australia if their England's new ball partnership in the Ashes.

Anderson isn't quick enough to bowl in Australia. Won't get any help with cloud cover over there! Mark Wood is a good bowler to take on that tour but just can't seem to get fit. Wouldn't be surprised if it was an Aussie white wash. England can't get a top order settled. Starc and Hazelwood will bounce them out. 

Just now, LiviGer said:

Anderson isn't quick enough to bowl in Australia. Won't get any help with cloud cover over there! Mark Wood is a good bowler to take on that tour but just can't seem to get fit. Wouldn't be surprised if it was an Aussie white wash. England can't get a top order settled. Stark and Hazelwood will bounce them out. 

Think Finn will travel?  

Cant wait heading over for 3 tests all in. 

Think it will be closer than you two suggest. 

Just now, kplfishtank said:

Think Finn will travel?  

Cant wait heading over for 3 tests all in. 

Think it will be closer than you two suggest. 

Yeah I think he'll be in the squad. Don't think he'll get much game time unless England have the balls to drop Anderson. There's no doubt Anderson is great bowler and one of England's best I just think the Aussie conditions don't suit him. 

The only saving grace for England is the whole saga with the Australian Cricket Board. England really need to sort their top order out or they are in big trouble! Can't just rely on Cook and Root.

What tests you going to?

12 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Yeah I think he'll be in the squad. Don't think he'll get much game time unless England have the balls to drop Anderson. There's no doubt Anderson is great bowler and one of England's best I just think the Aussie conditions don't suit him. 

The only saving grace for England is the whole saga with the Australian Cricket Board. England really need to sort their top order out or they are in big trouble! Can't just rely on Cook and Root.

What tests you going to?

We do have Stokes Bairstow and Ali as well. 

Perth Melbourne and Sydney.