Cricket

Hazelwood impressed me today. It's a lazy comparison for an Aussie seamer of his ilk, but he's a bit of a hybrid of a McGrath and a Stuart Clark. He's metronomic and finds his line and length consistently. He'll take wickets for a long time.

Starc struggled at times, but takes wickets when he gets it right. He'll probably have a session in this series where he takes 4 or 5 quick wickets. He'll probably go a full day in the field without taking anything in the same match :lol:

Root saved the Test today..He is really maturing as a Test Batsman..I'm looking forward to Jimmy getting that new ball in his hand, Hopefully England are 400+ and can get stuck in to the top order of the Aussies..So interesting to see how ineffective Johnson is in England..Now that iv'e posted that he will run amok the rest of the Series..

Root saved the Test today..He is really maturing as a Test Batsman..I'm looking forward to Jimmy getting that new ball in his hand, Hopefully England are 400+ and can get stuck in to the top order of the Aussies..So interesting to see how ineffective Johnson is in England..Now that iv'e posted that he will run amok the rest of the Series..

Johnson is not a bowler that generally wipes out the main batsmen, great at dismantling lower order, certainly against England in Aus that is how it panned out.

Johnson's been deliberately disadvantaged by the pitch at Cardiff. They've slowed it to neutralise his and Starc's pace.

He didn't bowl particularly well, but his bouncers were well directed. I think he and Hazelwood will polish off the England tail quickly this morning.

I just got in from my work and I am pleasantly surprised that England are defending 280 with the Aussies 2 Wickets down. Rodgers one of only 5 Batsmen to score 7 Fifties in a row..??..He is pivotal to the Aussie Innings, But they do bat deep don't they??..

This is where they needed Rashid IMO.

As it stands England on top, but they have a history of allowing tails, particularly Aussie ones, to wag. They should be looking to clean them up for at least an 80 lead.

Johnson's been deliberately disadvantaged by the pitch at Cardiff. They've slowed it to neutralise his and Starc's pace.

He didn't bowl particularly well, but his bouncers were well directed. I think he and Hazelwood will polish off the England tail quickly this morning.

Johnson's record in England is abysmal, if the pitch hasn't got tennis ball bounce he just doesn't get wickets.

WICKET!

Rogers c Bell b Broad 10

Just as England were starting to look a little twitchy, Rogers edges one to Bell at second slip. Third umpire checks if it carries, not sure why because it clearly did. Big break through, out comes the ICC #1.

AUS 19-1