Cricket

On 27/12/2017 at 10:54, LiviGer said:

Again it looks like Cook is an all or nothing opener. Really hope England kick on from here and avoid the whitewash. 

No doubt cook has the ability,l. Vaughn said post stumps that he showed a real mental toughness. I totally disagree. I think he showed that he doesn’t have the mental toughness to take on the Aussie bowlers when it really matters. 1 good innings in 7 is no use to England down there. Anyway on the positive side he was a joy to watch the last couple of nights. Looking forward to tonight now.

Fantastic knock by Cook but wonder if the series lost by this point changed his attitude and freed him up. Hopefully England come out firing on all cylinders tonight.

BTW great knock by Broad as well which combined with his 1st innings bowling might inspire him tonight.

The ball tampering allegations in the Australian media sum up perfectly for me why I find the Australians to be so loathsome and cunty..

3 nil up. Ashes won..might loose a test so let's claim ball tampering rather than accept the opposition have played well..

They seem to have no humility whatsoever.. 

32 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

The ball tampering allegations in the Australian media sum up perfectly for me why I find the Australians to be so loathsome and cunty..

3 nil up. Ashes won..might loose a test so let's claim ball tampering rather than accept the opposition have played well..

You would think they should play in grey and green.:whistle:

23 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

I mean, the Umpires did speak to Anderson and Root about their handling of the ball...

On 29/12/2017 at 07:36, TEFTONG said:

I don’t get this mate, to me they show what we in this ‘chip on the shoulder’ piss arsed back water don’t ( I’m mean Scotland not GB) they expect to win, they go into it whoever they face expecting to win. Much like England do, and why not? Winning mentality and hunger! The Rangers way. Love they Aussies and the English in equal measure. Best people on earth in my opinion. 

56 minutes ago, Craigyboy9 said:

I don’t get this mate, to me they show what we in this ‘chip on the shoulder’ piss arsed back water don’t ( I’m mean Scotland not GB) they expect to win, they go into it whoever they face expecting to win. Much like England do, and why not? Winning mentality and hunger! The Rangers way. Love they Aussies and the English in equal measure. Best people on earth in my opinion. 

I live and work in England. Never had a problem with them being a bit cocky..the Aussies are in my experience even more arrogant and I have no time for them..but hey you fire in..if you love them both that's cool by me..

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

I live and work in England. Never had a problem with them being a bit cocky..the Aussies are in my experience even more arrogant and I have no time for them..but hey you fire in..if you love them both that's cool by me..

Suppose it’s the same for me, living and working there for a couple of years. 

Thought Michael Vaughan hit the nail on the head, these ashes tours are becoming very predictable. Aussies win in Australia, England win in England. He also said the Aussies are a lot closer to winning in England than England are in Australia. 

Just now, Arrowtown Pie said:

England have only taken 20 wickets in about 2 of the last dozen Tests they've played overseas - that's the problem.

Agree with that. Anderson and Broad are relied on too heavily and they both lack any real pace. England have no quality spinners to trouble batsmen is the sub continent. 

That along with not having a top order they are a bit of shambles. Get away with in England as visiting batsman struggle when the ball is nipping about.