Cricket

Utter shambles from England..Players can have a bad day or 2..But to just give up without any fight is ridiculous. Management and Cook need to ensure that certain players don't get picked again..I like Cook and spend a lot of time defending him, when me and my Dad have a cricket chat..But his lack of leadership and his apparent apathy towards the future would make me guess that he won't be leading come the South Africa Test Series in the Summer..

Boycott spoke a lot of sense yesterday. Said that England don't know how to defend the turning ball. It's plain to see they can't. They want to attack all the time. That's fine if they are scoring 500+ regularly but they aren't if anything the collapse more regularly. 

I don't want Cook to go but if he was to move on it has to be now to let Root have a full year as captain before going to Australia next winter. 

What an incredible morning session for Pakistan we're now 433-7. We just scored 123 runs in that session. Sohail Khan our number 9 batsman is on 65 off 65 and Azhar Ali is on 196*. 

We'll let Azhar get his double century (hopefully) then declare and see if our bowlers can do anything on this wicket. It looks a bit slow but it has been raining quite a bit 

9 hours ago, psb07158 said:

What an incredible morning session for Pakistan we're now 433-7. We just scored 123 runs in that session. Sohail Khan our number 9 batsman is on 65 off 65 and Azhar Ali is on 196*. 

We'll let Azhar get his double century (hopefully) then declare and see if our bowlers can do anything on this wicket. It looks a bit slow but it has been raining quite a bit 

Just seen the score card. David Warner has to be up there with the best batsman in the world right now. 

6 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Looks like two changes for Australia for the final test. 

Steve O'Keefe for Jackson Bird

Hilton Cartwright for Nic Maddinson

I'm surprised Misbah hasn't called it a day yet. Still captain for this one.

They're suggesting we might go 2 spinners for this test. Would be an odd move, but one that has historically served touring teams well apparently.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

I'm surprised Misbah hasn't called it a day yet. Still captain for this one.

They're suggesting we might go 2 spinners for this test. Would be an odd move, but one that has historically served touring teams well apparently.

Sydney normally takes spin for the second innings. Spinners can also generally bowl economically from the start. 

Warner is absolutely brutalising the seamers here :lol: 

1 hour ago, kplfishtank said:

Some good one day matches coming up .

is that test matches done for a bit ? 

Bangladesh are touring New Zealand and the South Africa v Sri Lanka series continues this week

nice bit of news this week is that it has been confirmed the PSL final will be played in Lahore. International players drafted to franchises who reach the final will be able to opt out of going but apparently 70-80% of players drafted have agreed to it as a one off. Think they're getting like 100k each to play the final if they go

1 hour ago, kplfishtank said:

I think with the ICC trophy coming up in England in the summer a few teams will be concentrating on their one day sides. 

13 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Australia's tour of India starts at the end of February; it'll be so close to the end of their one-dayers that the test players will have to miss the last couple.