Cricket

1 hour ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Taking nothing away from the Windies who have been brilliant but I cant think of a more humiliating defeat for England.

Rollercoaster being an England fan, today was great , yes we lost but I'd Cook was in charge we would have never declared and gone for the win so early. 

Hope Root still has the balls to do this again as I'm sure the result will be different. 

Onto Lords and in about it again. 

Australia's test side is terrible. Easily the worst in my lifetime, if not ever. Apart from Smith and Warner they don't have anyone consistent enough to go on and make good knocks in 7/10 innings.

The middle-order is a complete shambles and apart from Hazelwood - with Starc injured - their attack is quite poor. I think it was a mistake not bringing in Swepson for this match. He should be in the next match instead of either Lyon or Agar. 

For the last couple of years locals have been worrying about the poor standard of Sheffield Shield and the fact no one of any substance was coming through.

Will be interesting to see how Australia line-up for the Ashes. 

Wouldn't overly surprise me if they went without a frontline spinner at least once.

Warner, Renshaw, Khawaja, Smith, Handscomb, Maxwell, Wade, Pattinson, Starc, Cummins, Hazelwood

Though Wade shouldn't be in with a sniff of playing test cricket. He's a brutal keeper and an overrated batsman. 

Whilst Australia are poor overseas, the likes of Warner, Khawaja, and Smith always score an obscene amount of runs at home.

3 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

They won't need spinner for Perth , they will skittle us out cheaply no doubt. 

Is the Perth test at the WACA, yeah? Last I'd heard the new stadium won't be ready.

Reckon that Starc-Patto-Cummins-Haze attack would dismantle most there tbh.

4 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Yeah still at WACA , kind of glad I get one last chance to see England play there. 

Too many grounds being bastardised sadly. 

After 2013/14 the WACA should have been taken out of rotation. Absolute disgrace of a pitch.

Haven't been in it, but the new Adelaide Oval is meant to be cracking and looks good.

The Sydney Cricket Ground needs work on the Churchill / Trumper side. IMO they should bulldoze them and re-do them the same as the other side.

The MCG is one of the worst grounds i've been in my life sadly.  Soulless. 

I think Lyon will have a part to play in the Ashes. 
I wonder how England will line up, the top order is no where near settled. Cook seems to be all or nothing, who he opens with is a mystery. Granted Stoneman got a half century in the last test but it its a much bigger challenge facing the Aussie pace bowlers in their conditions. Westly is no where near good enough. Root is the only one settled in there, scores runs for fun. Stokes at 5 is too high for me. I like Bairstow but I think his place in the team is safe as the focus is on the top of the order. I cant think of a better number 7 in the world over Moeen. Then in to the tail. Broad is a walking wicket just now, not been the same since he got hurt down under, will be interesting to see how he copes this time round.

Should be an interesting series as both sides have problems!

16 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

After 2013/14 the WACA should have been taken out of rotation. Absolute disgrace of a pitch.

Haven't been in it, but the new Adelaide Oval is meant to be cracking and looks good.

The Sydney Cricket Ground needs work on the Churchill / Trumper side. IMO they should bulldoze them and re-do them the same as the other side.

The MCG is one of the worst grounds i've been in my life sadly.  Soulless. 

My mates a member at Sydney, in the members is fantastic. 

Adelaide is wrong dates for me or I would love to go there. 

MCG is cracking day on Boxing Day, every other day is shite as you say, not a cricket venue. 

Too many getting rebuilds and taking the cricket ground feel out them. 

10 hours ago, LiviGer said:

I think Lyon will have a part to play in the Ashes. 
I wonder how England will line up, the top order is no where near settled. Cook seems to be all or nothing, who he opens with is a mystery. Granted Stoneman got a half century in the last test but it its a much bigger challenge facing the Aussie pace bowlers in their conditions. Westly is no where near good enough. Root is the only one settled in there, scores runs for fun. Stokes at 5 is too high for me. I like Bairstow but I think his place in the team is safe as the focus is on the top of the order. I cant think of a better number 7 in the world over Moeen. Then in to the tail. Broad is a walking wicket just now, not been the same since he got hurt down under, will be interesting to see how he copes this time round.

Should be an interesting series as both sides have problems!

Would you give Hales another chance? 

Enjoying the opening hits of T20 Finals Day..Birmingham Bears 83-3..I am looking forward to seeing my County side Hampshire taking on Notts later..And with my move down to Nottingham only 2 weeks away I will be able to attend as many games as I can in next season's T20 competition.. :dance:

2 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Enjoying the opening hits of T20 Finals Day..Birmingham Bears 83-3..I am looking forward to seeing my County side Hampshire taking on Notts later..And with my move down to Nottingham only 2 weeks away I will be able to attend as many games as I can in next season's T20 competition.. :dance:

Just caught the last few overs of this match. Enjoying it. Always looks a great day at T20 finals day. 

I could very well be wrong and their is every chance I am..But I just caught a wee bit of Warwickshire's 2nd Innings collapse against Essex that looks to have decided the County Championship and it looks well dodgy..Wonder if the betting companies will look into it..:whistle: