Cricket

The batting has been excrutiatingly poor for England. The Aussies batsmen have not had to be more than  average apart from Smith who made me think of Tendulkar in his prime when the bowlers were beaten before they started their run up. The difference between fast and medium pace could not have been any more obvious when you look at  the two bowling attacks and you know the England batting is hellish when they can't even take advantage of Nathan Lyons. Thank god Warne has retired. 

Agreed that Stokes would have made a difference but would not have covered for the other 10 players being so poor although Bairstow did well this test. You have to list every positive no matter how small.:mutley:

21 minutes ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

Alastair Cook is awful and deserves to be dropped from this Ashes squad.

83 runs in 6 innings :duh:..for years I've defended Cook as well. The man has shown no fight..no interest and should be put in a rowing boat and told to fucking row himself back to England..

On the good news front it's starting to rain..

On 16/12/2017 at 16:46, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

The batting has been excrutiatingly poor for England. The Aussies batsmen have not had to be more than  average apart from Smith who made me think of Tendulkar in his prime when the bowlers were beaten before they started their run up. The difference between fast and medium pace could not have been any more obvious when you look at  the two bowling attacks and you know the England batting is hellish when they can't even take advantage of Nathan Lyons. Thank god Warne has retired. 

Agreed that Stokes would have made a difference but would not have covered for the other 10 players being so poor although Bairstow did well this test. You have to list every positive no matter how small.:mutley:

Lyon has bowled well all series Wully, although the Perth wicket hasn’t been kind to the spinners in terms of wickets taken, his economy is still very good. Can’t see England coming back now unless it’s another rainy day that saves their skins. 

Well that was expected.

Cook needs to be dropped, he's been absymal with the bat and in the field. 

Moeen has been terrible and I don't think England can pick him as a bowler on tours. 

Root has made some bad tactical decisions and maybe the captaincy is too much for him right now? I don't think he's being helped as some of his senior players like Cook haven't shown up. 

I think Malan and Stoneman come away with some credit, maybe Bairstow as well. In terms of the bowling you'd say it's been desperately poor and too reliant on Jimmy bowling a team away. Need some pace and someone who can actually spin the ball

1st test - beat by 10 wickets

2nd test - beaten by 120 runs

3rd test - beaten by an innings and 41 runs

That is embarrassing for English cricket. Think it will get worse too. Will be more of a surprise if they don’t get spanked 5-0. 

This will be 5-0. I spoke to a guy yesterday and he was amazed some of our guys don’t play over here and get used to playing against the Aussies pace.  Smith was a joy to watch but the day we took 1 wicket was really hard and long day in the field. 

Yesterday was a farce and I was amazed they never abandoned  the day. They had them wee blowers on the wicket for 4 hours. 

Anyway onto Melbourne for more agony. Least I’ve got members tickets for 1 day so can geta real beer 

Shadab Khan has gone from playing cricket on the streets of Mianwali 2 years ago to first class cricket, the PSL, test match ODI and t20 debuts for Pakistan, the CPL and most recently the BBL in Australia - where he has just taken the wicket of Maxwell in his 3rd ball. 

Unbelievable. The talent in Pakistan is mental. Just no pathway for a huge number of talented cricketers to make it through to the professional level. 

On 19/12/2017 at 01:22, kplfishtank said:

This will be 5-0. I spoke to a guy yesterday and he was amazed some of our guys don’t play over here and get used to playing against the Aussies pace.  Smith was a joy to watch but the day we took 1 wicket was really hard and long day in the field. 

Yesterday was a farce and I was amazed they never abandoned  the day. They had them wee blowers on the wicket for 4 hours. 

Anyway onto Melbourne for more agony. Least I’ve got members tickets for 1 day so can geta real beer 

You taking in any BBL games whilst out there mate? 

England bowled really well in the middle session. Restricting Australia until they get frustrated is their best tactic on this deck. 

Without Stokes they’re light a seamer, though. No surprise bowlers tired in the evening. 

I think Moeen is a decent spinner in wicket-taking conditions, but has absolutely no ability to restrict runs when he isn’t taking wickets.