Cricket

12 hours ago, Arrowtown Pie said:

No spinner and no quicks.

Playing on a flat deck where the ball doesn't seam or reverse and the attack is really limited, no variation all right arm 135k

Finn and Wood would have made it more competitive but I think the Aussies would have still won.

Spin is a problem especially away from home with Moeen unable to take the wickets he takes at home.

Also shocked to see India losing the first test in South Africa,not shocked by the result but shocked India are actually playing away from home.

14 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Sublime batting display from Roy today..:dance:.

Pleased it's the O.D.I's I'm going to see later this summer..:whistle:

What ODIs you going to mate? I’ve got tickets for Scotland England in Edinburgh in June. 

1st day of cricket/nets training. Indoor and looking forward to showing these boys that Glaswegians can play the game:dance:

Just got home. I don't think I will be challenging Jimmy Anderson's record wicket haul as it is pretty bloody hard to bowl a ball accurately over 66feet..On the plus side my batting is solid and in a 10 mins session no one bowled me and I skelpt a good few shots.

In my defence the boys I'm playing with have been doing this since primary school. Whilst I was running about pretending to be Davie Cooper. Looking forward to next week and at the very least it's a hour of exercise in decent facilities for a fiver.   

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Ibroxblue said:

Another T20 defeat for England then. Australia are a handy outfit in this format.

The timing of this series definitely suits the Aussies with the big bash season just finishing. That's not taking away from the lessons they are handing out to England though..honest..:sarcasm:

• 2 weeks later...