psb07158

*** The Official Cricket Thread ***

Filled out my application to be a volunteer at next year's World Cup. Interviews in September if I get past the initial phase. Be nice to get involved and experience something different. 

9 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

You watching your lads playing Ireland. Shame first day got washed out. Decent start so far 

Yeah, bit of nibble in the pitch I think 300 in the first innings would be a good score here

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

Filled out my application to be a volunteer at next year's World Cup. Interviews in September if I get past the initial phase. Be nice to get involved and experience something different. 

Bet you throw us out for sashing it up lol 

6 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Bet you throw us out for sashing it up lol 

Behave. I will be joining in. :whistle:

On 12/05/2018 at 15:13, TEFTONG said:

Behave. I will be joining in. :whistle:

Which grounds would you be covering?

Ireland struggling a bit at 109-4 in the Test v Pakistan. On Sky Sports.

1 hour ago, ALerone said:

Which grounds would you be covering?

Trent Bridge is the local one. Didn't want to use up my annual leave travelling to Lords or the Oval. 

Incredibly, Ireland are actually in with a shout here. 

14 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Incredibly, Ireland are actually in with a shout here. 

It would be a remarkable victory, but surely the experience and skill of Pakistan will see them victorious..??

25 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

It would be a remarkable victory, but surely the experience and skill of Pakistan will see them victorious..??

This team is very inexperienced. There was severe criticism over the selection as they've taken what is a t20 team to play a test series. 

Currently 13-2 chasing 160. The middle order might as well be openers these days for Pak ffs

14-3. Embarrassing. These cunts are as spineless as Rangers 

18 hours ago, psb07158 said:

This team is very inexperienced. There was severe criticism over the selection as they've taken what is a t20 team to play a test series. 

Currently 13-2 chasing 160. The middle order might as well be openers these days for Pak ffs

Seems I had more faith than you...:whistle:

Getting set for Ramadan..? Surely that will put the team at a disadvantage in the upcoming tests..??

How many of the pak squad are playing ipl. I don't follow & wondered how many would miss the upcoming tests?

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

Seems I had more faith than you...:whistle:

Getting set for Ramadan..? Surely that will put the team at a disadvantage in the upcoming tests..??

:lol: 

ive been following the team long enough to have no faith in them mate :lol: . 

Yeah, starts tomorrow. Looking forward to it, thanks for asking. Down in Reading on my own for a large part of it so will be a bit different for me this year as Mrs & kids up in Glasgow - big part of it is family spirit / community etc but due to work commitments I couldn’t get back up. 

Im fairly confident none of them will be fasting - they’ll perhaps fast on days where they have no matches but on the days of the tests they’ll miss the fast and make it up later in the year

22 minutes ago, ALerone said:

How many of the pak squad are playing ipl. I don't follow & wondered how many would miss the upcoming tests?

None. Pakistan players are informally banned from the IPL because after the attacks in Mumbai, the Indian Government decided to tar all Pakistanis with the same brush. 

5 hours ago, psb07158 said:

:lol: 

ive been following the team long enough to have no faith in them mate :lol: . 

Yeah, starts tomorrow. Looking forward to it, thanks for asking. Down in Reading on my own for a large part of it so will be a bit different for me this year as Mrs & kids up in Glasgow - big part of it is family spirit / community etc but due to work commitments I couldn’t get back up. 

Im fairly confident none of them will be fasting - they’ll perhaps fast on days where they have no matches but on the days of the tests they’ll miss the fast and make it up later in the year

None. Pakistan players are informally banned from the IPL because after the attacks in Mumbai, the Indian Government decided to tar all Pakistanis with the same brush. 

No doubt never thought of that.. 

Buttler and Bess are the most interesting selections in the England Test squad. Vince has been dropped, Leach is injured.

22 minutes ago, Ibroxblue said:

Buttler and Bess are the most interesting selections in the England Test squad. Vince has been dropped, Leach is injured.

It’s a weird one because I don’t think Buttler is a very good test match player, but I guess his form in the IPL turned heads amongst the selection committee 

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

It’s a weird one because I don’t think Buttler is a very good test match player, but I guess his form in the IPL turned heads amongst the selection committee 

I guess so. I'm not keen on picking someone who's not playing red-ball cricket for Tests - but we'll see how it goes.

4 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Bit mad including Buttler, he’s defo a white ball player. Vince has had a double ton so his eye will be in.