Cricket

25 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

It would be a remarkable victory, but surely the experience and skill of Pakistan will see them victorious..??

This team is very inexperienced. There was severe criticism over the selection as they've taken what is a t20 team to play a test series. 

Currently 13-2 chasing 160. The middle order might as well be openers these days for Pak ffs

18 hours ago, psb07158 said:

This team is very inexperienced. There was severe criticism over the selection as they've taken what is a t20 team to play a test series. 

Currently 13-2 chasing 160. The middle order might as well be openers these days for Pak ffs

Seems I had more faith than you...:whistle:

Getting set for Ramadan..? Surely that will put the team at a disadvantage in the upcoming tests..??

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

Seems I had more faith than you...:whistle:

Getting set for Ramadan..? Surely that will put the team at a disadvantage in the upcoming tests..??

:lol: 

ive been following the team long enough to have no faith in them mate :lol: . 

Yeah, starts tomorrow. Looking forward to it, thanks for asking. Down in Reading on my own for a large part of it so will be a bit different for me this year as Mrs & kids up in Glasgow - big part of it is family spirit / community etc but due to work commitments I couldn’t get back up. 

Im fairly confident none of them will be fasting - they’ll perhaps fast on days where they have no matches but on the days of the tests they’ll miss the fast and make it up later in the year

22 minutes ago, ALerone said:

How many of the pak squad are playing ipl. I don't follow & wondered how many would miss the upcoming tests?

None. Pakistan players are informally banned from the IPL because after the attacks in Mumbai, the Indian Government decided to tar all Pakistanis with the same brush. 

5 hours ago, psb07158 said:

:lol: 

ive been following the team long enough to have no faith in them mate :lol: . 

Yeah, starts tomorrow. Looking forward to it, thanks for asking. Down in Reading on my own for a large part of it so will be a bit different for me this year as Mrs & kids up in Glasgow - big part of it is family spirit / community etc but due to work commitments I couldn’t get back up. 

Im fairly confident none of them will be fasting - they’ll perhaps fast on days where they have no matches but on the days of the tests they’ll miss the fast and make it up later in the year

None. Pakistan players are informally banned from the IPL because after the attacks in Mumbai, the Indian Government decided to tar all Pakistanis with the same brush. 

No doubt never thought of that.. 

22 minutes ago, Ibroxblue said:

Buttler and Bess are the most interesting selections in the England Test squad. Vince has been dropped, Leach is injured.

It’s a weird one because I don’t think Buttler is a very good test match player, but I guess his form in the IPL turned heads amongst the selection committee 

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

It’s a weird one because I don’t think Buttler is a very good test match player, but I guess his form in the IPL turned heads amongst the selection committee 

I guess so. I'm not keen on picking someone who's not playing red-ball cricket for Tests - but we'll see how it goes.

4 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Bit mad including Buttler, he’s defo a white ball player. Vince has had a double ton so his eye will be in. 

Dreading this series lads :lol: 

Think England will run through us pretty easily. All of the noises from our camp have been around how the fans should take it easy on the players because they’re quite inexperienced blah blah blah. Not the most confident. 

Just hoping for a positive series for Babar Azam and Shadab Khan. The batting and bowling future of the country, respectively

12 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Dreading this series lads :lol: 

Think England will run through us pretty easily. All of the noises from our camp have been around how the fans should take it easy on the players because they’re quite inexperienced blah blah blah. Not the most confident. 

Just hoping for a positive series for Babar Azam and Shadab Khan. The batting and bowling future of the country, respectively

England giving your team a big band here..that attempt from Root was piss poor. I was looking forward to Bairstow Stokes and Buttler swinging the bat but might get bogged down now. Top order suicide.