Cricket

10 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I haven't seen much of him to be honest. I will check him out.

As for the Aussies they give me the boak so I tend to just avoid them.

22 year old quickie who can move the ball both ways at 90+ mph. 

So far has taken 135 test wickets at an average of 21.45. 

His wicket of Warner in the current test below:

12 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Ps Kagiso Rabada is a ridiculous talent. Ridiculous. 

He is indeed. I also like his fiery temper. That’s what makes him.

as for the Aussies , they’ve hung this young lad out to dry , one of the older ones should have stood up and said this wasn’t acceptable 

2 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

He is indeed. I also like his fiery temper. That’s what makes him.

as for the Aussies , they’ve hung this young lad out to dry , one of the older ones should have stood up and said this wasn’t acceptable 

Bancroft trying to conceal it down his breeks shows a willing participant using evasive measures to a pre planned bit of cheating. Sine die the fucking lot of them...:justno:..as it's the Aussies it will be 50% of match fee and sweep sweep..with no action against the coaches or that sleekit cunt Smith. 

Interesting listening to the commentary right now about the goings on. Also just discovered that ball tampering is only a level 2 offence..and not the more serious level 4..also just noticed Smith and Warner have stepped down from their captain and vice captain roles...

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

They’ve only stepped down for the balance of this test, until CA announce what is happening. 

Plus they’ll both be on the field and so probably still captaining the side. 

Smith has been removed as captain of his IlPL team. The clock is ticking for his Australia captaincy.  

Hopefully Warner the odious specimen that he is gets it too.

Previous Australian teams played hard but fair, and I could never imagine the likes of Gilchrist, Boon or McGrath complaining about verbal abuse from the crowd the way this shower are.  They are happy for touring teams to get it from their support, but they cannot take it themselves.

Steve Smith's "leadership group" stuff is probably the most wimpiest and cowardly stuff you'll hear from a so called captain.

Smith and Lehman are ultimately responsible for the team and should go along with that horrible wee bastard Warner who should have never been in a senior position in the first place

I hope Cricket Australia ban Smith from all international cricket for at least a couple of years.

The ICC also need to make their mind up whether ball tampering is an offence or not because the current rules are enabling any team to cheat if they wish to without much of a penalty.

17 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Their whole demeanour in this tour has been utterly laughable and that ball tampering just topped it off

Theyre making an official complaint to the ICC because of the abuse they’ve copped from fans apparently - when Warner was fielding at deep fine leg they had a member of the Aus coaching team standing at the boundary watching the SA fans. 

I have never ever witnessed an Aussie team in my life bitch like this group of players have 

Described by someone today as playground bullies which I think is spot on given the cowardly reaction when they get a dose of their own medicine.

22 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Whole thing has been blown wildly out of proportion tbh. Talks of life bans etc.

There should be no life bans. Smith should never captain again. They won’t stop him playing , he’s too good. 

Lehman will probably quit 

bancroft no matter what he does in his career will be remembered as the man who cheated. 

Id love to see Warner sacked but that’s just cause he’s an annoying bastard and nothing to do with this fiasco :lol: 

1 hour ago, kplfishtank said:

There should be no life bans. Smith should never captain again. They won’t stop him playing , he’s too good. 

bancroft no matter what he does in his career will be remembered as the man who cheated. 

Id love to see Warner sacked but that’s just cause he’s an annoying bastard and nothing to do with this fiasco :lol: 

I think your spot on tbh. Except for Warner that sleekit wee shite is most definitely involved in this. It's proving that he was that's the problem but rumours of the rest of the squad distancing themselves from the main wrongdoers might see him caught out..

4 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Tbh I don’t think Smith knew about it at the time. 

I’m of the impression that Warner has come up with it and convinced Bancroft to do the deed. Smith’s covering for him, either because he always covers for him; or to hide the fact he can’t control him.

Cricket Australia in one hell of a position,what kind of bans do you hand down for a supposed one off incident that's proportional and at the same time protects the integrity and reputation of Australian cricket?

I think Lehmann has kept his job because Cricket Australia want to give the impression that the cheating on Saturday was one off and that the coach wasn't aware of it but the truth has a way of catching up with you and I don't think we've heard the last of Lehmann's involvement in this.

8 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Tbh I don’t think Smith knew about it at the time. 

I’m of the impression that Warner has come up with it and convinced Bancroft to do the deed. Smith’s covering for him, either because he always covers for him; or to hide the fact he can’t control him.

Smith admitted it , therefor you have to take his word for it. 

I think no matter who thought it up someone somewhere should have stood up and said , No this is not correct. 

13 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Cricket Australia in one hell of a position,what kind of bans do you hand down for a supposed one off incident that's proportional and at the same time protects the integrity and reputation of Australian cricket?

I think Lehmann has kept his job because Cricket Australia want to give the impression that the cheating on Saturday was one off and that the coach wasn't aware of it but the truth has a way of catching up with you and I don't think we've heard the last of Lehmann's involvement in this.

The view they are expecting people to believe is as follows:

- The "leadership group" referred to by Smith in his press conference consists of him, as captain, Warner, as his vice, and Bancroft, who was making his 8th test appearance I think?

- These 3, all batsmen, came up with the plan in isolation to tamper with the ball to engineer reverse swing and no bowlers were even made aware.

- Lehmann knew nothing about it, was pure coincidence that he got on the walkie talkie as soon as the footage emerged on screen and then the 12th man was on the field and suddenly Bancroft was trying to hide the evidence.

Aye that all sounds believable!

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Warner & Smith banned for a year. Couldn't have happened to a nicer pair of guys. 

Rats

Fair play to Cricket Australia for acting with haste and making the bans proportionate to the actual crime commited. 

Have to say that the Dan Roan ambush on the BBC website to Lehman coming out the airport is cringey as fuck.

I do however hope Warner and Smith suffer financially for this but maybe a reveal all book would cover their losses..??..