Cricket

Yeah. Excellent result for England, and about time!

From the neutral stand point it probably would have been a far closer game had India won the toss, but.... they never and England made the most of near ideal bowling conditions - they were superb and tbh I don't think anyone would have beaten them 

18 hours ago, Badger said:

Conditions in this test have heavily favoured England, it's made it a bit of a non event. The Indians cannot cope with swing, and both days England have bowled it has been really swinging.

In cool and overcast English conditions, Anderson is brilliant - you could put Williamson, Smith, Kohli, etc in a batting dream team and I'm pretty sure he would pick that apart when conditions are like this. He is unplayable when late swing is happening, and tbh.... batsmen are defenseless when the ball is moving that much - I don't think it possible to register a big score. He will be a very hard man for England to replace when he retires.

You see the two outswingers and you know the inswinger is coming for your leg/edge/off stump. 

With movement that late what can you do? 

Batsmen stay at the crease until Jimmy decides they can go in those conditions.

3 hours ago, Creampuff said:

You see the two outswingers and you know the inswinger is coming for your leg/edge/off stump. 

With movement that late what can you do? 

Batsmen stay at the crease until Jimmy decides they can go in those conditions.

Oh yeah, when the ball is swinging that far, and that late - what can you do? It's a seemingly random deviation (obviously Anderson has a degree of control over it), coming at you at 80mph.

You might get away with it for 40/50 balls, but eventually you will get caught out, as the ball is moving all over the place.

It must be the most difficult of all conditions to bat in, especially with a swing master like Anderson bowling at you. As woeful as India were at the crease, even batting well, it would require something very special. Conditions would see 220ish being a good score.

India are garbage when they travel and the BCCI have nobody to blame but themselves for not encouraging their players to travel and play abroad. It's impossible to play late swing when you're so used to playing on flat wickets where you read the line early and play straight through it, knowing the ball won't deviate. Sangakkara and Athers were great on 'The Zone' in explaining just how difficult it is in England. 

No doubt England got the best of the conditions for bowling. When Anderson is swinging it round corners like that no one can deal with him. England will probably squeeze one more ashes series out him next year and that will be him. Massive gap to fill. 

Im

7 hours ago, psb07158 said:

India are garbage when they travel and the BCCI have nobody to blame but themselves for not encouraging their players to travel and play abroad. It's impossible to play late swing when you're so used to playing on flat wickets where you read the line early and play straight through it, knowing the ball won't deviate. Sangakkara and Athers were great on 'The Zone' in explaining just how difficult it is in England. 

When you've a ball swinging up to 30cm, right or left, then eventually starting to reverse swing as well. Even batsmen well used to those conditions will struggle with it as theres just so much risk of lbw or getting caught off an edge.

With day 2's conditions, any team would consider 200 a good score, and India fell well short of that.

With damp and overcast forecast for Trent Bridge, I think more of the same.

13 minutes ago, Badger said:

Im

When you've a ball swinging up to 30cm, right or left, then eventually starting to reverse swing as well. Even batsmen well used to those conditions will struggle with it as theres just so much risk of lbw or getting caught off an edge.

With day 2's conditions, any team would consider 200 a good score, and India fell well short of that.

With damp and overcast forecast for Trent Bridge, I think more of the same.

I was emailed offering me a ticket for Trent Bridge from £20. I'm working except for day 4 the Tuesday. Conditions would probably mean it won't get to day 4..so will just watch it at home. 

If I go back to Trent Bridge again this year I'm expecting to be greeted by security using my first name. 6 visits since May...love it though. 

42 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Stokes found not guilty. Fecking hell. I can’t believe that after seeing the videos. 

Having said that will he get in the team after Woakes effort at Lords. 

It must be a huge relief for him that he got a jury trial and the prosecution fucked up the charge...

straight into the squad for Trent Bridge. 

I can't believe he got away with it tbh. But hey that's justice for you..

Me and my Dad went to Derbyshire last night to see Tms vs Tailenders match.

Dagnall on Michael Vaughan's Tms team bowled Monty Panesar first ball, the whole match was played with Dan Norcross doing Tms commentary over the loud speakers ripping the piss out of all the players.

Top night but Tailenders won.

3 hours ago, ALerone said:

Me and my Dad went to Derbyshire last night to see Tms vs Tailenders match.

Dagnall on Michael Vaughan's Tms team bowled Monty Panesar first ball, the whole match was played with Dan Norcross doing Tms commentary over the loud speakers ripping the piss out of all the players.

Top night but Tailenders won.

I watched the tail end of Yorkshire v Notts in the 20/20 Blast. Notts coming into form at the right time.

I've managed to have a chance to see some of today's Test and the pitch is not doing much.. 

On 19/08/2018 at 19:28, sandyinroyalblue said:

When you think about it with all these batting collapses it strange that the two guys who have pulled England out of the shit last year and this year(Curran and Moeen) are the ones to get dropped.

Moen and another scapegoat Vince both scored tons in the Championship..

Another dismal batting display today from the England top order. They have short changed the fans who paid to watch them today. Just giving wickets away.