Cricket

16 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Mon the Kiwis, fuck India 👀

😂

Reminds me of a story from when I was about 14.

My best friend at the time was a girl whose parents were Hindu Gujaratis. Her oldest sister married a Sikh and they never spoke to her for like two years, you can imagine the type.

Anyway they didn’t particularly like a feringhee hanging about their daughter and quite often if I was going around to their house and she wasn’t in I had to wait outside as she played hockey on a Saturday afternoon. Usually I got a grunt saying wait 10 minutes and had to stand outside waiting for her to come home.

Apart from one day I knocked on the door and her grandfather opened up:

”COME IN! COME AND WATCH THE CRICKET. AUSTRALIA ARE GIVING PAKISTAN THE RUN AROUND. ITS BRILLIANT”.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

😂

Reminds me of a story from when I was about 14.

My best friend at the time was a girl whose parents were Hindu Gujaratis. Her oldest sister married a Sikh and they never spoke to her for like two years, you can imagine the type.

Anyway they didn’t particularly like a feringhee hanging about their daughter and quite often if I was going around to their house and she wasn’t in I had to wait outside as she played hockey on a Saturday afternoon. Usually I got a grunt saying wait 10 minutes and had to stand outside waiting for her to come home.

Apart from one day I knocked on the door and her grandfather opened up:

”COME IN! COME AND WATCH THE CRICKET. AUSTRALIA ARE GIVING PAKISTAN THE RUN AROUND. ITS BRILLIANT”.

1 of my best mates is also of hindu gujarati background and his parents were fucking rinsing me when they pumped us the 1st time we played in the 2017 champions trophy. When we fucked them in the final I took a train from Reading to Arsenal in north London to go to their house and gloat, they couldn't hack it 😂😂😂

I hate India as much as I hate celtic (in sporting terms, i must stress). It's in my DNA. Grew up getting up early for test series in Pakistan beating them in tests, going absolutely mental when getting Tendulkar out etc 

57 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

1 of my best mates is also of hindu gujarati background and his parents were fucking rinsing me when they pumped us the 1st time we played in the 2017 champions trophy. When we fucked them in the final I took a train from Reading to Arsenal in north London to go to their house and gloat, they couldn't hack it 😂😂😂

I hate India as much as I hate celtic (in sporting terms, i must stress). It's in my DNA. Grew up getting up early for test series in Pakistan beating them in tests, going absolutely mental when getting Tendulkar out etc 

Tendulkar is probably my favourite cricketer of all time.

Lucky enough to see him twice, including one ODI where he hit 150+.

Alongside never seeing Brian Laudrup and Paolo Maldini play, my all time sporting regret is never seeing him in a test match.

7 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I’m like that with Australia, first time going to ashes in Australia we won 3-1 , since then it’s been 9-0 to Australia and not been great going with a few Aussie mates. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Finish work at 3pm tomorrow and looking forward to coming home to watch England v the Windies. 

Love a night in watching cricket in the Caribbean

Am I right in saying you've been out there to watch cricket @kplfishtank ?

It's on my list. Wish I'd gone last time we toured in 2017, when we beat them in a series on their own patch for the first time in our history

4 hours ago, psb07158 said:

It's on my list. Wish I'd gone last time we toured in 2017, when we beat them in a series on their own patch for the first time in our history

It's on my bucket list as well. Has to be the ultimate in chilled out peace..

7 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I’ve not mate but I think I’m there just now as mates keep annoying me with photos from the place 😂😂

13 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

What will England do when Jimmy Anderson retires..??.

Stunning bowling and the 12 maidens show the respect the Windies have for him.

Sensational bowler. I think I read yesterday he has the best stats for an English bowler in overseas conditions. His ability to adapt to different situations is what makes him so good

That was woefully inadequate and a downright disgraceful batting display. Chase spins (revs) the ball so slowly you can almost read the writing on the ball. 

Hope it's a full days hard training for them tomorrow instead of an extra day off.

Well played Windies. They were a joy to watch.

On 26/01/2019 at 10:39, sandyinroyalblue said:

Good to see the West Indies back and more than half a dozen people watching a test match in the Caribbean. 

I said this to my dad. It's brilliant to see the Windies actually dominating a test match out there with their fans creating an atmosphere. He grew up watching them blow teams away. I grew up watching Lara dominate teams. I think they're everyone's "second" team in cricket - always love to see them do well

22 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Quality bowling by the Pakistan guys restricting them to 164 is some going. 

Outstanding bowling. Now our batsmen need to follow it up and level the series here.