Cricket

1 hour ago, Badger said:

The fact this England side is #3 in the rankings, doesnt paint test cricket in a great light.

Great to see the Windies playing well again though!

The fact that hardly any team gets an result away, apart from india against a pathetic Aus, is more worrying..

8 hours ago, ALerone said:

The fact that hardly any team gets an result away, apart from india against a pathetic Aus, is more worrying..

It is more the way England have lost these. For all intents and purposes, both defeats have been as good as losing by an innings - and this Windies side isn't great. Losing is one thing, getting absolutely pumped another.

I do agree though, home advantage is increasingly becoming an insurmountable advantage over a series - regardless of the rankings.

33 minutes ago, Badger said:

It is more the way England have lost these. For all intents and purposes, both defeats have been as good as losing by an innings - and this Windies side isn't great. Losing is one thing, getting absolutely pumped another.

I do agree though, home advantage is increasingly becoming an insurmountable advantage over a series - regardless of the rankings.

When teams toured abroad in the past there was proper preparation with the away team.playing state/county sides in proper games to get them ready for the test matches now the central contracted snowflakes start talking about mental health problems when they spend more than a fortnight away from home.

17 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

When teams toured abroad in the past there was proper preparation with the away team.playing state/county sides in proper games to get them ready for the test matches now the central contracted snowflakes start talking about mental health problems when they spend more than a fortnight away from home.

The schedule is extremely heavy these days.

I agree the prep time is probably the biggest factor in being unable to wun away.

On 03/02/2019 at 10:04, Badger said:

The schedule is extremely heavy these days.

I agree the prep time is probably the biggest factor in being unable to wun away.

I think it’s largely on the focus of preparation. We should probably do away with ODIs in order to lengthen tour prep times for better test cricket.

I would do away with T20 but that’s not going to happen because of its ability to generate new fans.

But I think having two short form games to focus on now is killing quality test cricket, especially from a batting perspective.

7 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think it’s largely on the focus of preparation. We should probably do away with ODIs in order to lengthen tour prep times for better test cricket.

I would do away with T20 but that’s not going to happen because of its ability to generate new fans.

But I think having two short form games to focus on now is killing quality test cricket, especially from a batting perspective.

T20 has definitely been detrimental to test cricket.

My least favourite of the 3 forms of the game.

I don't think there is room for all 3 formats, one has to give, and it will likely be ODI

1 hour ago, Badger said:

T20 has definitely been detrimental to test cricket.

My least favourite of the 3 forms of the game.

I don't think there is room for all 3 formats, one has to give, and it will likely be ODI

The upcoming ODI World Cup is going to be huge. T20 gives the domestic game much needed revenues. But it has affected the Test cricket standards.

8 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Did anyone see the Shankhill Proddy Boys flag in St Lucia?

@kplfishtank I take it you know them? :lol: 

Aye mate big Chelsea lad who comes up here a lot. 

I messaged him on Facebook as I did another lad whose wolves and rangers , seen him on the telly last night.