Cricket

16 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

340 looks a decent total until you remember England made the best part of 500 here recently :lol: 

I was there that day v the Aussies. Wonderful display. :thumbup:

Should be an interesting few hours...

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Asif Ali's 19 month old daughter died of cancer yesterday whilst he was playing the 5th ODI v England. 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26785747/bereaved-asif-ali-play-world-cup

Real shame. 

That is tremendously sad and tragic news. Can't even begin to imagine the heartache and turmoil the family are suffering.

2 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Archer makes the World Cup squad. :dance:

As does Vince and Dawson from Hampshire. :thumbup:

Willeys been unlucky, I thought he’d sneak in as a left armer but it wasn’t to be.

Archer, Woakes and Wood is a pretty frightening set of quicks to face

26 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Willeys been unlucky, I thought he’d sneak in as a left armer but it wasn’t to be.

Archer, Woakes and Wood is a pretty frightening set of quicks to face

If anything Willey got excluded because of the hair band.

6 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Nice of the ECB to handicap Hampshire yesterday. 

Heading to Nottingham Forest's ground on Wednesday to collect my accreditation I.D then into Trent Bridge for the last 2 items of my cricketeer volunteer uniform. 1st shift is Friday morning in the Fanzone.

Enjoy mate, gutted I didn’t have the foresight to apply as a volunteer

10 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Enjoy mate, gutted I didn’t have the foresight to apply as a volunteer

It was just a spur of the moment thing. Seen a link on the Official England Cricket website and I've attended a screening interview. Passed the DBS check and the training has been pretty good. 

After a 7 hour shift at the fanzone in Nottingham city centre I will do 12 hours @ Trent Bridge for England v Pakistan then a nice 7-30am til 3pm shift @ India v New Zealand on the 13th. 

The fact that's the day before my family holiday to Menorca means I'm avoiding the case packing stress. 

Biggest worry is the final is the day after I get married. 

4 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

It was just a spur of the moment thing. Seen a link on the Official England Cricket website and I've attended a screening interview. Passed the DBS check and the training has been pretty good. 

After a 7 hour shift at the fanzone in Nottingham city centre I will do 12 hours @ Trent Bridge for England v Pakistan then a nice 7-30am til 3pm shift @ India v New Zealand on the 13th. 

The fact that's the day before my family holiday to Menorca means I'm avoiding the case packing stress. 

Biggest worry is the final is the day after I get married. 

You'll have a double celebration my friend...your wedding then a Pakistan World Cup victory 🤣

Congrats 

Archer is tasty. Amazing that England got him after a back injury whilst bowling for the West Indies U-19's allowed him to end up moving to England.  Nasser just said that he had a spell at Club cricket. Imagine facing him at club level. Yikes.

What a catch from Stokes. Truly awesome.:isay:

3 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Archer is tasty. Amazing that England got him after a back injury whilst bowling for the West Indies U-19's allowed him to end up moving to England.  Nasser just said that he had a spell at Club cricket. Imagine facing him at club level. Yikes.

It’s frightening facing anyone remotely quick at club level let alone an international!

17 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

13 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It’s frightening facing anyone remotely quick at club level let alone an international!

At uni I played with an Aussie who was on a 1 year exchange programme. He was quick, had come through some youth setup attached to New South Wales cricket team . Speed gun clocked him at 85mph - unreal. Took 6-13 once in a 20 over game. And I'm not even exaggerating when I say the bulk of those 13 runs came from edges 

When I go over to Pak as well I always play some street cricket and you always see the skinniest guy come along and you think there's no way this kid is fast and he throws it down at God knows what speed, but it's fast. 

Astonishing how good some of the talent is out there, with no infrastructure to harness / take advantage of it. 

23 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

At uni I played with an Aussie who was on a 1 year exchange programme. He was quick, had come through some youth setup attached to New South Wales cricket team . Speed gun clocked him at 85mph - unreal. Took 6-13 once in a 20 over game. And I'm not even exaggerating when I say the bulk of those 13 runs came from edges 

When I go over to Pak as well I always play some street cricket and you always see the skinniest guy come along and you think there's no way this kid is fast and he throws it down at God knows what speed, but it's fast. 

Astonishing how good some of the talent is out there, with no infrastructure to harness / take advantage of it. 

The last game of cricket I played was about ten years ago and I was filling in for a mates team basically just expecting to field. I can’t bat to save myself (no shot selection whatsoever), and I was a rather poor medium slow bowler.

They made me open the batting 😂 

Turned out it was because the team had some guy who was lighting quick, although he wasn’t very accurate, hence why he was playing third team level. Absolutely frightening hearing the leather buzz past your ear 😂 

He bowled the guy I was partnering with pretty quickly. I think I survived about 4 overs trying to block everything and was bowled for a score of 0.

My mate last year found the scoring card which was a laugh. 

40 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The last game of cricket I played was about ten years ago and I was filling in for a mates team basically just expecting to field. I can’t bat to save myself (no shot selection whatsoever), and I was a rather poor medium slow bowler.

They made me open the batting 😂 

Turned out it was because the team had some guy who was lighting quick, although he wasn’t very accurate, hence why he was playing third team level. Absolutely frightening hearing the leather buzz past your ear 😂 

He bowled the guy I was partnering with pretty quickly. I think I survived about 4 overs trying to block everything and was bowled for a score of 0.

My mate last year found the scoring card which was a laugh. 

I've taken a fair few blows in the head from quicks because my shot selection is garbage - far too aggressive. I could be batting against anyone and if they send down a bouncer no matter how quick you can bet your house I'm hooking or pulling that ball 

I was like the Kamran Akmal of club cricket, constantly getting out to hooks or pulls 😂😂😂

Was thinking of joining up with a cricket club again this summer. have been away from the sport for a while but I really love playing