Cricket

They didn't expect as many volunteers to actually show up today after so many called off yesterday. But it flew in. I even got to spend some time with a couple of the lads I support at work as staff brought them in. 

I'm heading home now. Sore feet but happy as anything. Gave us a thermal mug and breakfast plus £10 in cash for lunch. 

Roll on Mondays 12 hour shift at Trent Bridge now. 

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

You've had a great game to watch so far @TEFTONG ! 

My big cousin is in the Radcliffe Road Stand - quite a few Glasgow boys down today

Youse needed that mate. Well done .

hopefully the realisation of England that they don’t just turn up to win matches. 

21 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

You getting nervous or just assuming the worst? 

Assumed the worst until the last over hahaha  absolutely shredded was nervous for the past 3 hours 😂

13 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Youse needed that mate. Well done .

hopefully the realisation of England that they don’t just turn up to win matches. 

Great win and a fantastic game of cricket 

Wahab just has these spells where he is outstanding and he turned it on at the end 

Buttler and Root will be disappointed they've both scored centuries and still lost. Surely has to be a world cup record 

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Assumed the worst until the last over hahaha  absolutely shredded was nervous for the past 3 hours 😂

Great win and a fantastic game of cricket 

Wahab just has these spells where he is outstanding and he turned it on at the end 

Buttler and Root will be disappointed they've both scored centuries and still lost. Surely has to be a world cup record 

It is first time they said on telly that 2 players got tons and ended up on losing side. 

4 hours ago, psb07158 said:

You've had a great game to watch so far @TEFTONG ! 

My big cousin is in the Radcliffe Road Stand - quite a few Glasgow boys down today

I did actually speak to a few Glaswegian Pakistan fans today. I'm now home with my feet soaking in hot water. Great day and the best team won. As @kplfishtanksaid England fooled themselves into thinking they only had to show up today to win. 

Archer bowled very poorly. But it was still in the balance until Buttler went. Strange that 2 England players got centuries and they still lost. 

2 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

I did actually speak to a few Glaswegian Pakistan fans today. I'm now home with my feet soaking in hot water. Great day and the best team won. As @kplfishtanksaid England fooled themselves into thinking they only had to show up today to win. 

Archer bowled very poorly. But it was still in the balance until Buttler went. Strange that 2 England players got centuries and they still lost. 

England missed Plunkett today, I don’t think they need all 3 of Woakes, Wood and Archer. I’ve got no idea who you drop out of those 3 though...

Fielding by both sides was pretty abysmal at times, England won a lot of the ODI series because they fielded well. Today they didn’t and it’s the first time all summer they lose to Pakistan. Shows you how fine the margins are

20 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

India looking very good. The convicts will need to go some to beat that total. 

I think the current top 4 are all going to make the semi finals. India are looking very good at present, I think they’re the team to beat as it stands

8 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Our game v Sri Lanka being rained off is a huge blow to our hopes of getting through to the next stage. 

Game v Australia on Wednesday also looks like it's going to be severely rain impacted. 

Without being familiar with the rules here.

How does it work if Pakistan are unlucky enough to get another 1 or 2 games rained off? Is that just tough? It's entirely possible with the patchy forecast over the next week or so. 

It just seems unfair that you can get games rained off against teams you would in all likelihood beat. Although Pakistan, a bit like the Windies, are a team that could beat or lose to anyone. 

9 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Our game v Sri Lanka being rained off is a huge blow to our hopes of getting through to the next stage. 

Game v Australia on Wednesday also looks like it's going to be severely rain impacted. 

You support Tigers and Pakistan?

13 hours ago, Badger said:

Without being familiar with the rules here.

How does it work if Pakistan are unlucky enough to get another 1 or 2 games rained off? Is that just tough? It's entirely possible with the patchy forecast over the next week or so. 

It just seems unfair that you can get games rained off against teams you would in all likelihood beat. Although Pakistan, a bit like the Windies, are a team that could beat or lose to anyone. 

Unfortunately it's just a case of "tough". There's no reserve days at this stage of the tournament so if it's rained off each team gets 1 point each. If you end up going out as a result then it is what it is

12 hours ago, ALerone said:

You support Tigers and Pakistan?

Pakistan. Our game v Sri Lanka last week got rained off too