Sign in to follow this  
psb07158

*** The Official Cricket Thread ***

On 28/06/2019 at 12:26, Ozblue said:

The odds of the pommies beating India and the Kiwis are pretty slim, so I'm looking at Pakistan clinching the 4th spot and playing  India in the semi final, with us and the cunts from across the ditch battling it out in the other game. India V Australia for the final.

:hmmm::rofl:

😥

Kiwis will be getting pumped by the Aussies I reckon, they are badly out of form now and I hope England can do the double over India.  Aus v Eng final would be great

TEFTONG likes this

19 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

:hmmm::rofl:

I bet is was as much a surprise to you as it was to me that England totally turned their form around to wallop India and then see the Kiwis put in their worst performance of the tournament  against a resurgent English team that at one stage went from looking like panel beaters to world beaters. England  beaten by Pakistan, England beaten by Sri Lanka....England easily  beat unbeaten India, England thrash  NZ who sat in 2nd place only three days earlier by 119 runs; mate! if that England team were racehorses they would be swabbed and a stewards enquiry held into the bookies betting sheets.

Well done to England for qualifying, so what England team will turn up to play Australia or India in the semi-final?

TEFTONG likes this

5 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I bet is was as much a surprise to you as it was to me that England totally turned their form around to wallop India and then see the Kiwis put in their worst performance of the tournament  against a resurgent English team that at one stage went from looking like panel beaters to world beaters. England  beaten by Pakistan, England beaten by Sri Lanka....England easily  beat unbeaten India, England thrash  NZ who sat in 2nd place only three days earlier by 119 runs; mate! if that England team were racehorses they would be swabbed and a stewards enquiry held into the bookies betting sheets.

Well done to England for qualifying, so what England team will turn up to play Australia or India in the semi-final?

Can't chase for shit this WC, Morgan needs to win 2 tosses to set a total on each day

TEFTONG likes this

11 hours ago, ALerone said:

Can't chase for shit this WC, Morgan needs to win 2 tosses to set a total on each day

It's interesting to note that the only victory England won batting second was against the West Indies.I just checked their results and it seems to be batting first pays dividends (for England at least.

Eng, V  S.A Eng  Lost toss-batted 1st- Won

Eng. V  Pak.  Eng.Won toss-fielded- lost

Eng. V  Bang. Eng. Won toss-Batted 1st- Won

Eng. V  W.I. Eng.  Won toss-Fielded-Won

Eng. V  Afg. Eng. Won toss- Batted 1st- Won

Eng. V   S. L.  Eng. Lost toss-Fielded-Lost

Eng. V  Aus.   Eng. Won toss- Fielded- Lost

Eng. V  Ind.  Eng. Won toss- Batted 1st- Won

Eng. V N.Z.  Won toss- Batted 1st-Won

Do you think Morgan needs to win the toss and bat 1st to win their semi final against either Australia or India?

11 hours ago, Badger said:

Winning the toss seems absolutely key in this World Cup. Pitches seem to favour batting early on.

It’s ridiculous, but with the way it’s going the only thing I can see splitting England/Australia/India is who wins the toss. 

Nobody seems able to chase down a total of 300+ in the group stage, once the semis start I think that figure drops to 270 due to the added pressure

ALerone likes this

On 04/07/2019 at 09:35, psb07158 said:

😥

Kiwis will be getting pumped by the Aussies I reckon, they are badly out of form now and I hope England can do the double over India.  Aus v Eng final would be great

I think it will be a hammering.

But you never know. Big game for Guptill. Hasn’t had a great WC. Nicholls for Munro is a tough call too.

Would keep the same attack against England. There’s not many other options.

Things are getting very interesting at old Trafford now. India lose both Kohli and Sharma. 5/2 wow.

Kohli being the arrogant areshole he is goes for a review when it's as plumb a lbw as you could ever see. 

What an outstanding game of cricket

Martin Guptill you have been awful with the bat in this tourney but you have literally just put your team into the final with that incredible throw and direct hit

Unreal

TEFTONG likes this

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

What an outstanding game of cricket

Martin Guptill you have been awful with the bat in this tourney but you have literally just put your team into the final with that incredible throw and direct hit

Unreal

He’s been horrific.

Watch him hit 70+ in the final and Williamson and Taylor go to shit 😂 

psb07158 likes this

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

FUCK OFF INDIA

Wonder what excuse Kohli will come out with...?

17 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Wonder what excuse Kohli will come out with...?

There's no doubting Virat Kohli is an excellent player, but he, along with the rest of this India team have consistently faltered when under pressure

Hope people start recognising this 

TEFTONG likes this