Cricket

1 minute ago, kplfishtank said:

My thoughts exactly 

tickets arrived for Edgebaston and Headingly 😎

Nice one! I never got myself organised to get any unfortunately.

Only been to one and it was a horrible defeat on the worst tour ever. New Year test at the SCG in 2014. Australia won by 250+. 

Probably the only person in the Members Stand supporting England too 😎

23 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

They get used more often in T20. New Zealand have lost three previously.

Can never remember one in a ODI. 

Especially on a longer format game, losing on boundaries is like losing a football match on shots from outside the box. It's a bit absurd really - but.... draws happen so infrequently in ODI's and never in games with anything like that profile, thus it's never really been spoken or thought about. I think that it might get changed, it is a daft rule.

Should just keep playing super overs until somebody wins.

37 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Nice one! I never got myself organised to get any unfortunately.

Only been to one and it was a horrible defeat on the worst tour ever. New Year test at the SCG in 2014. Australia won by 250+. 

Probably the only person in the Members Stand supporting England too 😎

I was in members that tour also. My mate has 4/5 family memberships so I always get tickets for SCG members. It’s nice when we win but not so when we lose like last twice I’ve been over. 

19 minutes ago, Badger said:

Especially on a longer format game, losing on boundaries is like losing a football match on shots from outside the box. It's a bit absurd really - but.... draws happen so infrequently in ODI's and never in games with anything like that profile, thus it's never really been spoken or thought about. I think that it might get changed, it is a daft rule.

Should just keep playing super overs until somebody wins.

I don’t think anyone could’ve managed another 2 overs, honestly I’ve never felt tension like that barring UEFA Cup penalties vs Fiorentina.

People forgetting before those overthrows off Stokes bat, Boult stood on the boundary rope to give him a 6

13 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

I was in members that tour also. My mate has 4/5 family memberships so I always get tickets for SCG members. It’s nice when we win but not so when we lose like last twice I’ve been over. 

Its completely oversubscribed. Ridiculous there's about 2/300 people in who can't get a seat!

9 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Its completely oversubscribed. Ridiculous there's about 2/300 people in who can't get a seat!

I like the fact they expect you to go up at 5am to get the wee sticker then the mad dash to get a seat. , with the 3rd tier added it’s not so bad now as you can get a seat out on the wings .

we ended up last hour in the actual members sat right next to away changing rooms. Had a nice wee chat with KP 

Oooft.

Apparently the umpires misapplied the rules and only five runs, not six, should have been signalled for the Stokes incident because he and Rashid had not crossed at the time of the fielding throw:

Law 19.8: "If the boundary results from an overthrow or from the wilful act of a fielder, the runs scored shall be any runs for penalties awarded to either side, and the allowance for the boundary, and the runs completed by the batsmen, together with the run in progress if they had already crossed at the instant of the throw or act".

😲

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Oooft.

Apparently the umpires misapplied the rules and only five runs, not six, should have been signalled for the Stokes incident because he and Rashid had not crossed at the time of the fielding throw:

Law 19.8: "If the boundary results from an overthrow or from the wilful act of a fielder, the runs scored shall be any runs for penalties awarded to either side, and the allowance for the boundary, and the runs completed by the batsmen, together with the run in progress if they had already crossed at the instant of the throw or act".

😲

They certainly did make a mess of it according to this cricket columnist.

Miller said the "crucial clause is the last part".

"A review of the footage of the incident shows clearly that, at the moment the ball was released by the New Zealand fielder, Martin Guptill, Stokes and his partner, Adil Rashid, had not yet crossed for their second run.

I bet that will make the Kiwis feel even worse.

41 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

They certainly did make a mess of it according to this cricket columnist.

Miller said the "crucial clause is the last part".

"A review of the footage of the incident shows clearly that, at the moment the ball was released by the New Zealand fielder, Martin Guptill, Stokes and his partner, Adil Rashid, had not yet crossed for their second run.

I bet that will make the Kiwis feel even worse.

True, but what's to say England didn't get the runs they needed. 

2 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

True, but what's to say England didn't get the runs they needed. 

I don't know, maverick and to be quite truthful  it matters not a jot because the game has been won, the trophy awarded and there's fuck all the Kiwis can do about it now, except feel hard done by.

1 minute ago, Ozblue said:

I don't know, maverick and to be quite truthful  it matters not a jot because the game has been won, the trophy awarded and there's fuck all the Kiwis can do about it now, except feel hard done by.

Neither do I, haha. The Kiwis will be gutted. The step on the boundary, the above 6, a draw but England won and now it wasn't a 6. New Zealand had no luck. 

2 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Neither do I, haha. The Kiwis will be gutted. The step on the boundary, the above 6, a draw but England won and now it wasn't a 6. New Zealand had no luck. 

It's the joys  and despair of sport, mate! As the old saying goes, One day you're the Rooster, next day you're the feather duster.

On 15/07/2019 at 09:58, McEwan's Lager said:

Oooft.

😲

i read that in todays paper ,bad news now they are aqll in line for mbe or other gongs from a grateful nation, add that to 1966b which was mentioned on bbc and no  mention of russian linesmen.. dont you just love them?

On 18/07/2019 at 11:31, TEFTONG said:

Pleasantly surprised to get a commemorative coin toss replica as a thank you for my volunteering at Trent Bridge. 

IMG_20190718_112322.jpg

IMG_20190718_112255.jpg

You should get a medal just for entering Nottingham 🤮