Cricket

I like Rory Burns, there’s a player in there and I could see him opening for England for a while. 

Denly is a walking wicket and I doubt will ever average over 25 at test level. He’s capable of getting 30s, maybe 50s but he plays a lot of rash shots when scoring

The Aussies lack a middle, and front. 

The pace bowling depth is very strong just now though.

To rest Pattison and have the choice of bringing in Starc or Hazelwood to replace. I mean Starc is arguably the best bowler in cricket over the last 3-4yrs, was in good form at the world cup..... and he hasn't even played yet.

31 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

That battle with Smith and Archer was fantastic , hopefully Smith is ok but the way Archer bowled was brilliant. 

It definitely shook him up. Glad he is ok. 

England can tell Roy to go Tonto when they bat the 2nd innings. 

Nothing but respect for Smith today. Regardless of what’s come before I’ve no idea how anyone could boo him. 

Forced off against his will after a horrid looking head knock during a spell touching 96mph, drags himself back on to force a few more runs. 

Guy is a machine.

4 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Nothing but respect for Smith today. Regardless of what’s come before I’ve no idea how anyone could boo him. 

Forced off against his will after a horrid looking head knock during a spell touching 96mph, drags himself back on to force a few more runs. 

Guy is a machine.

He is unreal.

If he keeps up even 90% of what he has...... 

I know bradman has better stats but.... again a far narrower field of opponents

6 hours ago, Badger said:

He is unreal.

If he keeps up even 90% of what he has...... 

I know bradman has better stats but.... again a far narrower field of opponents

He’s the best I’ve ever seen. What he was part of we can’t forget but his ability can never be questioned. 

21 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

He’s the best I’ve ever seen. What he was part of we can’t forget but his ability can never be questioned. 

His attitude sets him apart from the rest behind Bradman, he’s just got that grit you need when things get tough.

It would’ve been easy for him to retire hurt and come back it at 10, but he comes back in after one wicket just to show there’s no fear. Truly remarkable and shows the level of determination he has to get the job done.

Fair play to Jofra though, that was relentless yesterday

36 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Also, Archer has very much arrived. He certainly can’t be accused of being another samey 80-86mph with a bit of swing. 

Pace like fire.

I’m just hoping he’s fit to go to South Africa and Australia, be great seeing him in these places. Also interesting to see how he would play on a slow Indian wicket 

25 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

I’m just hoping he’s fit to go to South Africa and Australia, be great seeing him in these places. Also interesting to see how he would play on a slow Indian wicket 

Yeah can’t help but feel Archer vs the Aussies on a bouncy wicket down under would be brilliant to watch.

Cricket Australia statement in full: "Steve Smith has been closely monitored by medical staff overnight. He slept well but woke up with a bit of a headache and feeling of grogginess. He reported his left arm is much better.

"As part of the Cricket Australia concussion protocol, repeat testing was performed this morning and demonstrated some deterioration, which is consistent with the emergence of the symptoms he was reporting.

"On that basis, he has been withdrawn from the match. The Australian team will lodge an application for the concussion substitute with the match referee.

"In terms of his availability for the next Test, it will be considered over the coming days but the short turnaround is not in his favour. He will be assessed on an ongoing basis and will have a precautionary scan on his neck on Sunday.

"Cricket Australia statistics show that 30 per cent of concussions in Australian cricket are delayed. It is not uncommon for players to pass their tests and feel well on the day of an injury and then display symptoms 24 - 48 hours later."

Covering their arses with the last paragraph....