Cricket

14 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Smith is a phenomenon 

4 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Is there anything left to say about Smith?  Best batsman of his generation by an absolute mile. Playing a different sport to everyone else.

I'm no fan of the Aussie's. But Smith is literally a batting machine. Got some luck but his imperious skills are a joy to watch. 

6 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Hopeful optimistic fool that I am. 

I won’t even see it. Got a golf day today , 2 mates down yesterday and staying till Sunday , let’s hope it’s still alive by Sunday night. 

Win toss at oval , Rory gets big score supported by others, Smith falls down stair and twists his ankle and can’t bat and we win ashes on day 4. See I’ve caught your foolishness 😂😂😂

How much longer before the myth of “Roots the best batsman England have” gets torn apart?

3 ducks in an Ashes series and we’ve only had 4 tests. Absolutely abysmal, regardless of how good a ball it was that’s not good enough for anyone who bats at 3 or 4.

He needs the captaincy taken off him so he can focus on his batting. Even if we do pull off another miracle and bat out tomorrow...

Have to admire Stokes honesty. 

I genuinely now think it's only a matter of time til it's an Aussie win.

The fucking third umpire must be pished if he couldn't see Overton hitting that ball with his bat. Nearly a major Fuck up but it pitched well outside the line. 

Australia could quite easily be 3-1 up just now, bar Ben Stokes playing a worldy - and Joel Wilson having an absolute howler at a key moment.

However...... Smith has been the difference between the teams, that and Australia have better quality in depth in the bowling department. 

Root badly needs to go back to number 4, and I'm not sure Roy will ever be a test batsman. 

The white ball game has ruined test batting.  Score quick and big on flat pitches with fields that are restricted to fields that allow batsmen to score big and fast. 

18 minutes ago, Badger said:

Australia could quite easily be 3-1 up just now, bar Ben Stokes playing a worldy - and Joel Wilson having an absolute howler at a key moment.

However...... Smith has been the difference between the teams, that and Australia have better quality in depth in the bowling department. 

Root badly needs to go back to number 4, and I'm not sure Roy will ever be a test batsman. 

The white ball game has ruined test batting.  Score quick and big on flat pitches with fields that are restricted to fields that allow batsmen to score big and fast. 

Smith is an absolute freak, he reminds me of Sergei the meerkat with tourettes at every ball, but what a player.

His level of consentration is unreal, with scoring off the scale, I like him.

Why do they not use hotspot anymore?

Despite what snicko says, Warner didn't hit that ball. His shadow has clear daylight between bat and ball when the spike shows, and it doesn't look like it hits.

Not for the first time, snicko is debateable this series, this one being IMO quite obviously wrong. Umpires can only go on the tech though.

3 hours ago, Badger said:

Why do they not use hotspot anymore?

Despite what snicko says, Warner didn't hit that ball. His shadow has clear daylight between bat and ball when the spike shows, and it doesn't look like it hits.

Not for the first time, snicko is debateable this series, this one being IMO quite obviously wrong. Umpires can only go on the tech though.

I would agree that hotspot is better.

Ricky Pointing said he thought Warner hit it.