Ashamed Of Some Of My So Called "fellow" Support

GOAT

I will vote for whoever I want.

I have voted SNP before but not yesterday

Some of the guys on here sound like my Dad ffs but he's 80 - been a Gers fan for 70 years you know. Orange blah blah blah Union blah blah blah Shouldnt sign a RC blah blah blah.

Times have changed

Some of the guys on here sound like my Dad ffs but he's 80 - been a Gers fan for 70 years you know. Orange blah blah blah Union blah blah blah Shouldnt sign a RC blah blah blah.

Times have changed

I didn't vote SNP either, but imagine this, your dad who has been a fan for 70 years for example votes for SNP and then posts on here... people would literally acuse him of not being a true fan or a Rangers fan at all. It's actually quite embarresing how some of our fans treat each other. Small minded idiots who can't see past their own opinions and thoughts, we don't need to agree with each other on things like this but we also don't need to harass and bully people over it. Like it or not there are many many fans who only care about the football side of things at our club and who can vote for whoever they want and that is perfectly fine by me.

Times have changed

Aye for the worst!scotland is now a left wing catholic minded country,listen to your dad he's spot on!

A comment just made on the news reminded me of one of our own well known posters although the punchline was slightly different:

"The SNP have firmly parked their tanks on the lawns at Westminster but sadly, they have no ammunition!"

if you think a vote for SNP was wasted then you're delusional, this was the perfext storm for SNP, they can now say we as a Nation didn't get the goverment we as a Nation voted for, last year at the referendum that line was used too but it was said to voters of Labour, SNP and Lib Dem and even Greens, now when they say this they're speaking directly to SNP voters.

This is the ideal scenario for SNP, Sturgeon publicly backed her party to help Labour to oust the Tories , she couldn't have backed Labour in 2015 then less than a year later put an IndyRef in her mandate for the Scottish Elections, she can now say we need to get away from the Tories and this time the Scots will get their Independence.

You're not getting independancy nutter, if you add up the other parties against the snp in each area then you have a split vote.

Anyway you need a mandate to hold another one and I don't think Westminster are going to give it this time so soon after the last one.

OP should catch a grip, people can vote whoever the fuck they want. Doesn't make them any less of a Rangers fan.

I personally voted for Labour, but got zero issues with a fellow fan voting SNP. In fact I have admiration for them being open about it whilst dealing with the shite they get off nuisances who mix fitbaw with politics.

OP should catch a grip, people can vote whoever the fuck they want. Doesn't make them any less of a Rangers fan.

I personally voted for Labour, but got zero issues with a fellow fan voting SNP. In fact I have admiration for them being open about it whilst dealing with the shite they get off nuisances who mix fitbaw with politics.

The snp have a strong republican element within their support , a fact that cannot be denied.

Rangers supporters backing them gives me the boak.

As does our crest on that red and black background ( are you protesting about the current board?).

Red white and blue. Colours of the club and the flag which represents our United Kingdom.

The snp have a strong republican element within their support , a fact that cannot be denied.

As does our crest on that red and black background ( are you protesting about the current board?).

Red white and blue. Colours of the club and the flag which represents our United Kingdom.

What is the definition of republicanism anyway? Is it just getting shot of the Royals? Is the USA a republic for instance?

If so I might be in the unique position of being a unionist republican!

Love the UK, but canny stand the royals.

Folk cry at how we are treated and the bias shown towards our club yet we vote for the shit to continue and at another level.

At least I can look myself in the mirror knowing I didn't try and kill my union and clubs traditions.

Spot on mate.

The problem is too many amongst our support have a problem with our traditions.

Why they ever aligned themselves to our club I will never know because despite what they think we are the club we are because of the loyalist and unionist views of the majority of our support.

I wonder where all of these handwringers, who think it is somehow appropriate to turn their nose up at our traditions and the supporters who stand by those views, were in the 70s to the 90s because they sure weren't standing shoulder to shoulder with us on the terraces at Parkhead or Hampden.

I wonder how many so-called Rangers fans voted for the candidate that is waltzing in to Westminster despite calling us h*** and actually giving weight to the legitimacy of doing so.

I don't know how they can look themself in the mirror.

What is the definition of republicanism anyway? Is it just getting shot of the Royals? Is the USA a republic for instance?

If so I might be in the unique position of being a unionist republican!

Love the UK, but canny stand the royals.

Republican is my polite way of grouping the filth from the east side, and those of that persuasion.

Am sure you can deduce the sort I refer to.

Spot on mate.

Why they ever aligned themselves to our club I will never know because despite what they think we are the club we are because of the loyalist and unionist views of the majority of our support.

I wonder where all of these handwringers, who think it is somehow appropriate to turn their nose up at our traditions and the supporters who stand by those views, were in the 70s to the 90s because they sure weren't standing shoulder to shoulder with us on the terraces at Parkhead or Hampden.

I wonder how many so-called Rangers fans voted for the candidate that is waltzing in to Westminster despite calling us H*** and actually giving weight to the legitimacy of doing so.

Its a changing world to be honest.

Im a unionist, but only because I think that going independent would be a disaster, not for any real loyal reasons. Dont get me wrong, I like the English and probably no other country I would rather be paired up with.

Im an atheist, no more aligned to the COS than to the catholic church. Both totally alien to me and really to the majority of my generation by the sounds of things.

Rangers are still my team though and will never change. Most of the supporters in the world dont support their team due to religion or due to politics, its all about the football.

Regardless of why someone supports us, as soon as I stand in Ibrox next to a fellow fan, I like them more than the ones in the away section. Thats what counts.

Republican is my polite way of grouping the filth from the east side, and those of that persuasion.

Am sure you can deduce the sort I refer to.

Haha fair enough mate.

Was a genuine question, absolutely hate the IRA and all that pish. Murderers the lot of them. Still cant stand the royals either though.

By that logic Conservitives got 36% of the national vote so 64% did not vote for the government - it's the system we have - we all have to live with it!

We don't.

50% of Scottish voters are unrepresented at Westminster, the SNP don't represent me nor my 50%

We changed the system in Scotland why not Westminster?

Forgive me for asking but if you wanted a Tory government why not vote for them instead of voting for a different party then claiming you got what you wanted anyway?

Check my posts yesterday, just thought Ukip would have got more seats to be honest.

Its a changing world to be honest.

Im a unionist, but only because I think that going independent would be a disaster, not for any real loyal reasons. Dont get me wrong, I like the English and probably no other country I would rather be paired up with.

Im an atheist, no more aligned to the COS than to the catholic church. Both totally alien to me and really to the majority of my generation by the sounds of things.

Rangers are still my team though and will never change. Most of the supporters in the world dont support their team due to religion or due to politics, its all about the football.

Regardless of why someone supports us, as soon as I stand in Ibrox next to a fellow fan, I like them more than the ones in the away section. Thats what counts.

No disputing that the world is certainly changing.

Sadly, modern day Rangers fans will never know what it's like to stand shoulder to shoulder with tens of thousands of fellow fans whilst playing the scum at Hampden or at their hovel.

There will never be an atmosphere like it in world, never mind Scottish, football.

Spot on mate.

I wonder how many so-called Rangers fans voted for the candidate that is waltzing in to Westminster despite calling us H*** and actually giving weight to the legitimacy of doing so.

You are aff her heid!

I "aligned' myself with the club long before I had any rational thoughts on politics or religion... Used to get taken to games by my grandfather to watch the football, imagine that, going to a game of football to watch a game of football with no other connotations.

As you get older you start to learn about what other people in the support believe away from the pitch, you can still have your own political views or religious views there is no need to buy into anything else, pushing your politics on other supporters is absolute bollocks, I bet you're a right fuckin laugh down the pub!

As did Labour for many years.

Nah the colours are linked to my username, I wear the red white and blue scarf to matches. I'm well aware of the colours of the UK as I voted to keep it united in September.

We don't.

50% of Scottish voters are unrepresented at Westminster, the SNP don't represent me nor my 50%

They keep rejecting constitutional change of that type mate. PR was a key LibDem policy. It was on the agenda at the last parliament. Cameron campaigned against it & parliament voted against it.

Times have changed

Your Dad sounds like a good guy blah blah blah

We don't.

We have to live with this result as that's the system we have but I'd gladly change the first past the post system to a form of PR