Ashamed Of Some Of My So Called "fellow" Support

GOAT

I didn't vote SNP either, but imagine this, your dad who has been a fan for 70 years for example votes for SNP and then posts on here... people would literally acuse him of not being a true fan or a Rangers fan at all. It's actually quite embarresing how some of our fans treat each other. Small minded idiots who can't see past their own opinions and thoughts, we don't need to agree with each other on things like this but we also don't need to harass and bully people over it. Like it or not there are many many fans who only care about the football side of things at our club and who can vote for whoever they want and that is perfectly fine by me.

Spot on.

My old man is my hero & has rarely missed a Rangers game in 30 years. Nearly missed my birth because he was at an under 21's game.

He has always wanted an independent Scotland. I fundamentally disagree with him on the issue but we still go everywhere with the Rangers together.

Two completely separate issues.

Spot on.

My old man is my hero & has rarely missed a Rangers game in 30 years. Nearly missed my birth because he was at an under 21's game.

He has always wanted an independent Scotland. I fundamentally disagree with him on the issue but we still go everywhere with the Rangers together.

Two completely separate issues.

Your old man is entitled to his opinions and obviously entitled to support Rangers. I can't deny I find it a bit of an uncomfortable contradiction and at a time where support for separatism is on the rise I'd tend to think the Rangers support is a group of people that will generally be for the union. I won't go about hassling people over it though.

Your old man is entitled to his opinions and obviously entitled to support Rangers. I can't deny I find it a bit of an uncomfortable contradiction and at a time where support for separatism is on the rise I'd tend to think the Rangers support is a group of people that will generally be for the union. I won't go about hassling people over it.

He absolutely realises that he is in the minority.

He is just as disgusted by elements of the yes campaign applauding IRA bands walking past the Cenotaph as me or you are.

There are different levels of Yes voters. Those that are rationale and those that aren't. Unfortunately, those that aren't seem to be the majority.

Haha fair enough mate.

Was a genuine question, absolutely hate the IRA and all that pish. Murderers the lot of them. Still cant stand the royals either though.

Why out of interest? I always believe that even the most adamant believer in a republic must surely respect the way the Queen has gone about her service over all these years.

What is the definition of republicanism anyway? Is it just getting shot of the Royals? Is the USA a republic for instance?

If so I might be in the unique position of being a unionist republican!

Love the UK, but canny stand the royals.

I guess I'm a nationalist monarchist.

Most guys I know who are SNP supporters also support the monarchy, although for some it is just for practical reasons.

Even if you think its all a bit old fashioned, having a royal family is fantastic for tourism.

Americans love it - the traditions and the history and castles and all that.

He absolutely realises that he is in the minority.

He is just as disgusted by elements of the yes campaign applauding IRA bands walking past the Cenotaph as me or you are.

There are different levels of Yes voters. Those that are rationale and those that aren't. Unfortunately, those that aren't seem to be the majority.

That's fair enough as well, I accept the argument we're not all the same but you only have to listen to our songs to see what the majority will still believe on that issue, certainly of match going fans anyway.

Large parts of the Scottish nationalist movement have become seriously nasty as you point out and it doesn't help encourage any sort of proper debate. I campaigned for BT because while I believe in the union culturally I also think independence would be a disaster on a practical level and that's the basis I made arguments on rather than using intimidation tactics and calling everyone a traitor. I have come across some normal friendly nationalists but they always seem to be outweighed by the others.

I guess I'm a nationalist monarchist.

Most guys I know who are SNP supporters also support the monarchy, although for some it is just for practical reasons.

Even if you think its all a bit old fashioned, having a royal family is fantastic for tourism.

Americans love it - the traditions and the history and castles and all that.

Congratulations on winning Gordon Alec mate.

I do believe, fundamentally, Scotland deserve the right to have a say in what goes on in our Country, however, I also believe we should continue to work together as a Union as well. My own belief is we are stronger as a Union and I won't change my views no matter what I read.

I didn't vote SNP. I will always vote for the Union. I took an oath to fight for Queen and Country years ago and still hold my heart to that oath.
I don't take it personally that each individual has the right to vote on what their own beliefs are though. Each to their own. I don't think it is right to say a Rangers fan is any less of a fan though because they voted SNP. It is uncalled for. We are all entitled to individuality and just because some are on a different path from you, it doesn't mean they are on the wrong path :)

I do believe, fundamentally, Scotland deserve the right to have a say in what goes on in our Country, however, I also believe we should continue to work together as a Union as well. My own belief is we are stronger as a Union and I won't change my views no matter what I read.

I didn't vote SNP. I will always vote for the Union. I took an oath to fight for Queen and Country years ago and still hold my heart to that oath.

I don't take it personally that each individual has the right to vote on what their own beliefs are though. Each to their own. I don't think it is right to say a Rangers fan is any less of a fan though because they voted SNP. It is uncalled for. We are all entitled to individuality and just because some are on a different path from you, it doesn't mean they are on the wrong path :)

We have a parliament with power over multiple things and more on the way, so I think we've got a say!

We have a parliament with power over multiple things and more on the way, so I think we've got a say!

Boris Johnson is now saying Scotland should have federalism.

I think its clear that most people want the Scottish parliament to have far more economic powers, not just spending powers.

Maybe that really would be the best of both worlds.

Boris Johnson is now saying Scotland should have federalism.

I think its clear that most people want the Scottish parliament to have far more economic powers, not just spending powers.

Maybe that really would be the best of both worlds.

Boris is a clown in fairness. One good thing about Cameron's win is that he'll not be PM anytime soon!

My support for my club is irrelevant to my political stance, indeed any rational persons political stance will change manifesto to manifesto, unless of course you're a sheep who votes who your parents voted for, my support for my club is unwavering. The two could not be further separated IMO.

Seriously I've read this thread completely astonished at the abject nonsense on display, so we don't vote SNP, we don't vote Labour, so who do we vote? Do we vote Tory and waste the vote entirely? Do we vote Labour to keep out SNP, do we vote SNP to keep out Labour?

Tell you what I'll vote whoever will give me the best deal for me and my family, my football leanings are way down the list on my priorities, I envy all you whose only concern is who your fellow fans will approve of!!!!

Fucking pathetic!

The problem is there are bears and genuine ones at that on twitter extolling the virtues of the Nuts, on a personal level I think they are foolish in the extreme for supporting them.. The Nat default position was (1) play up a Lab/ Nat coalition English voters who are in a majority wont stand for it and vote Tory =play the victim card we wus robbed lets have another referendum after the next Hollyrood elections. (2) Had Labour won enough seats to form even a minority government make extortionate demands that cannot be granted =revert back to default we wus robbed position. The only saving grace that I can see is that there are some big hitters from the labour party who may stand for Hollyrood next year thus denying the Nat's control of the Scottish Parliament and the opportunity to call another referendum, given the quality of most of the new M.Ps the public will have hopefully seen them for what they are shallow immature one trick ponies.

Why out of interest? I always believe that even the most adamant believer in a republic must surely respect the way the Queen has gone about her service over all these years.

Fundamentally I disagree with the ideology of it.

I am against any form of class system, and this is the ultimate example of one.

Everyone in this world is born equal, I dont think this wee royal princess is any more special than the wee baby my friends just had.

The Queen out of them all I probably respect the most, Charles is a bit of a dick from stories I have heard. William seems nice enough and Harry would probably be a good laugh on a night out.

Nothing really against them in person to be honest. If I met them, id be nice enough, doubt I would bow or anything though. Would offer a handshake. Just disagree with the ideology, but its a personal thing and I dont look down on those who like them.

Fundamentally I disagree with the ideology of it.

I am against any form of class system, and this is the ultimate example of one.

Everyone in this world is born equal, I dont think this wee royal princess is any more special than the wee baby my friends just had.

The Queen out of them all I probably respect the most, Charles is a bit of a dick from stories I have heard. William seems nice enough and Harry would probably be a good laugh on a night out.

Nothing really against them in person to be honest. If I met them, id be nice enough, doubt I would bow or anything though. Would offer a handshake. Just disagree with the ideology, but its a personal thing and I dont look down on those who like them.

There's always going to be class systems whether you have a monarchy or not. The ideology is that they're a constitutional symbol with so much history and they don't actually use the powers that they possess to run the country so there's no real democratic complaint. People generally despise our elected politicians anyway so why some are so desperate for an elected head of state that would be party affiliated and on the same gravy train as all the parliamentarians we already have I don't know. At least the monarchy is a symbol of continuity and is above politics (although Charles is at least borderline sometimes and that's a concern for the future).

Some will be more enthusiastic about the royals than others I know and I happen to be very enthusiastic about them, but even if I wasn't I don't really see what the grand alternative is that would be worth losing everything that they bring us (tourism etc) and likely having to spend millions to change the system to elect some president.

I've got this feeling that we will get another referendum for independence in the next 5-10 years.

The reason why is because the Tories will have to, as they promised, have an 'In/Out' referendum, on EU membership. If there is a majority in England that vote to leave the EU, and a majority in Scotland to stay in the EU, then this will give the SNP, the opportunity to put the case for another independence referendum, as if England do vote to leave EU, then it's more than likely, with them being by far the largest country within the UK, that the result of the vote will be to leave the EU.