*** Rm Erskine Rec Fund – Now Accepting Donations & Members!

govanblue

And thank you to SoldierBlue1 who won a pair of match tickets at the RDF Fundraising Night and donated them to the Fund. :21:

We'll keep a hold of them for now, buy some more to go with them, and give them to Combat Stress the next time they fancy a day out.

That's got to be better than watching Songs of Praise. :P

hollybush_house_zps805bfe66.jpg

Update:

That's me just had a call from the SS Sir Walter Scott Ticket Office. I've paid £88 over the phone for the tickets, and the 11 (not 12) Residents and Staff will now be making their way aboard.

I've asked them to text me the amount of the drinks bill later on, then we'll send them a cheque to reimburse the Carer who's buying the drinks, and then I can update the accounts thread. (tu)

It's a lovely day at Loch Katrine btw. (tu)

Self%20Drive%20Holidays%20in%20Scotland%

Photos to follow in a few days.

Update:

That's me just had a call from the SS Sir Walter Scott Ticket Office. I've paid £88 over the phone for the tickets, and the 11 (not 12) Residents and Staff will now be making their way aboard.

I've asked them to text me the amount of the drinks bill later on, then we'll send them a cheque to reimburse the Carer who's buying the drinks, and then I can update the accounts thread. (tu)

It's a lovely day at Loch Katrine btw. (tu)

Self%20Drive%20Holidays%20in%20Scotland%

Photos to follow in a few days.

Mission Accomplished.

I've just been informed that the bill for the drinks on the boat was a paltry £27

(Most of the residents went for those wee bottles of wine (£3.50) and a plastic cup which is ideal for a cruise. )

Add that to the £88 for the tickets and the total cost is only £115

Oh and it turns out that it was 12 people, not 11 - the Driver goes free. (tu)

:thumbup:

Remember we said that we would look at one more Wish on one of the Wishing Trees.

The last two trips (Loch Lomond and Today's Loch Katrine Trip) were both from the Erskine Park Home's Wishing Tree and were made up mostly by Residents from there.

Bushmills_Wishing_tree_zps4dacxceu.jpg

So this time we're looking at Erskine Mains Home's Wishing Tree...

Bob_Wish_zpstxbnagtn.jpg

You can't make it out, but there's a Wish on there which is also for a Steamship Trip on the Loch.

So since that last one was so cheap, easy to organise, and enjoyed by the Veterans, it makes sense to just do exactly the same again, but this time for the Residents at Mains.

Just like today, the tickets and drinks for 12 people will cost only £115. (tu)

I've told them to go ahead and book it. (tu)