***** The Official Motherwell V Rangers Thread*****

An early goal and they will shite it!! Hibs where and are a better team than them lot. We just couldn't take our chances or convert our possession into goals tonight,, they got a couple of chances and took them. Honestly until they scored I never even really felt worried that they might score against us,,,, in the Hibs games tho I always felt a goal coming.

They are shite,, show em zero respect on Sunday and go for the jugular ,,, having said that should they get one with us going all gung ho then it would be curtains,,, 90 mins,,, only half time,, keep the faith bears, we can still do it!,, we have overcome better than Motherwell before when it mattered !!!

==========================================================Bell=================================================================

===================Foster==================Zaliukas===================Moshni=====================Wallace=========================

===================Smith================Murdoch=====================Walsh=====================Ferguson=========================

====================================================Law========================================================================

===============================================================Vuckic===========================================================

Im been unimpressed with every striker this season not one has done the buisness for me so id take a gamble her and start Vuckic as the lone striker in our biggest game. we got murdered in the 1st leg with both our full backing bombing forward so id look to employ a 2 Full back system one forward one back so we dont get caught on the break. another major issue ive had with rangers this year is the bench if you start Miller and Clark then theres no change of pace up front and this why i have them both on the bench here to enject some pace and urgency around 55/60 minute mark.

For Sunday I'd go with

Bell

Moshni Zal McCulloch

Foster Murdoch shiels Ferguson

Walsh

Miller

3-5-2 with Foster and Ferguson being wing backs.

Walsh can more than make up for Millers ageing legs and can do more with the ball at his feet than Clark.

Don't really want McCulloch in there but not much of an alternative.

I've just finished watching the game back and although we were dreadful in the first half I don't think we were as bad as I thought we were leaving the ground. If we can dominate the game similar to how we done the last 25 minutes of today's game then we have a chance if we can get the first goal.

In terms of tactics and personnel, I think we should look at a 3-4-2-1 formation. Right now I would be tempted with:

Bell

Mohsni Zaliukas Wallace

Foster Murdoch Law Ferguson

Walsh Vuckic

Miller

3-5-2 for sure but we need some sort of pace in the back 3 which is why I would select Moshni over Jig and play Wallace. It would seem a certainty that Walsh and Ferguson should start. Id draft in Daly over Boyd if he is available. Templeton should be brought back into the squad as well as Ferguson wont last 90 mins.

-----------Bell-----------

------Moshni Zaliuskas Wallace-----

-----------Murdoch----------

Walsh-------Law-----Vukic----Ferguson

-------- Miller Daly-----------

Robinson

McCulloch Zal Wallace

Walsh Murdoch Sheils Ferguson

Vuckic

Boyd Miller

Just attack attack attack from first whistle to last.

Also we have to have fast or powerful players on the bench. So that means Hardies, Gallaghers, Templetons, McKays etc.

I believe the following will happen:

motherwell will get a man sent off, gers will score in the first half ; then in the second half motherwell will concede a penalty 2-0 to the gers; extra time; mcculloch will come on and score a header gers go through; stranger things have happened!!

I'm surprised that in all of this I've not come across anyone mentioning the McCall factor. By that I mean the fact that he is managing Rangers possibly has a motivating effect on the Motherwell players. When he resigned in November they had 6 (six) points from 11 (eleven) games. They'll be out to prove a point.

Last night was terrible to watch but an early goal to bring it back to 3 -2 would make all the difference. My main fear with the playoffs which I said from the beginning is the toll (mental and physical) it's taking on the team playing 6 games in about 20 days. Another year out of the premier league is too much to contemplate.

Decided to change my team after something on another thread.

290515122807.png

In terms of shot stopping, Bell and Robinson are probably equal in terms of ability. Robinson however is far better at cross balls and more importantly, commanded his area and distribrution. As soon as he has the ball in those gloves, he's running to the edge of that box and getting ball out to get forward straight away. We need that on Sunday, Bells too slow.

Wallace can get forward down the left with Ferguson when we're in attack and Black can cover the left hand side when Wallace is forward for any counters. Black, Jig and Zal should always be back at all times apart from Corners.

Sheils can sit in front of black and cover for Vuckic when Vuckic is forward or down the right with Walsh.

Miller goes to whatever side we're attacking from and Boyd stays central waiting for the chances, the knock downs etc.

I'd also have the bench full of pace and power. Aird, Templeton, Law, Gallagher, Hardie for when we start to tire.

Just attack attack attack and keep Black defending the back three at all times to stop any counters. But every man needs to know their place at all times. Walsh and Ferguson need to know they need to get back to defend straight away if we lose possession.

I'd actually also consider putting Streete in aswell.

We need somebody to shore the midfield up. The amount of times they broke clear and had a clear run at our defenders was frightening.

I don't like either of them, but McCall needs to think about either Black or Hutton because at least they are more defensively minded and capable of plugging gaps a lot better than anybody playing last night was.

Either that or we switch to a back three, which would be my prefered option.