D Mcgregor Will Be Surpluss To Requirement

Gillete

The way " Warbs " as they call him, likes to play football , he wants ball playing defenders.

A defender who is going to drop off at angles and take the ball off the GK and distribute to mid/Att.

A defender who will take possession of the ball regardless if an opposition player is right behind him and be comfy on it and won't panic.

This guy isn't the defender if that's the case

Might be a bit of a debate this but for me , one of the worst defenders I've ever saw in a rangers shirt.

Yes he would run through a brick wall and tackle his gran, but that doesn't mean he's a footballer!

Constantly caught out of position, can't pass a ball and only looks to boot the ball into a space up the pitch.

Second touch is a tackle.

Would get torn to shreds by a good striker who's mobile.

Hope he's moved on IMO

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way " Warbs " as they call him, likes to play football , he wants ball playing defenders.

A defender who is going to drop off at angles and take the ball off the GK and distribute to mid/Att.

A defender who will take possession of the ball regardless if an opposition player is right behind him and be comfy on it and won't panic.

Might be a bit of a debate this but for me , one of the worst defenders I've ever saw in a rangers shirt.

Yes he would run through a brick wall and tackle his gran, but that doesn't mean he's a footballer!

Constantly caught out of position, can't pass a ball and only looks to boot the ball into a space up the pitch.

Hope he's moved on IMO

Completely agree, though Zaliuskas is even less a footballer. (tu)

Hope he's moved on IMO

Good if the balls comes infront of him any ball from the sides and its a goal, hands all over players as well.

He's a goal a game of a start to teams our whole defence is.

He's just not good enough. Miles away from the worst though. Will do for this season.

We won't be bringing in 24 players. So, MW and DW will have to make do with what we already have, while promoting promising youth and adding half a dozen players with 'value on and off the pitch'.

As far as I remember, McGregor was signed on a year contract with an option of a second season. Did Rangers take up that option or is it still undecided?

He had a number of games in his contract and once he reached it, it automatically triggered the second season. Same with Mikker I believe

Player of the season last year.... now shite. :lol:

he's not bloody Beckenbauer, but he's our most able centre half. Miles ahead of Jig, better than Zal.

Funnily enough, Moshni is better suited than any of our current lot to playing a quick, passing game along the back.

But Mcgregor has done well for us and he certainly will not be surplus to requirements. A solid first season in a honking rangers team. Thanks big Daz (tu)

Can't disagree with OP. I've been on in previous threads re him and initially said he was a good Junior player. Well, I'm glad we had him for the second half of last season. Albeit we got nothing in the end. Think he will still be here but I would think a couple of good defenders must be the priority. Then midfielders, then strikers. Not necessarily in that order.

He'll probably be here another year. I actually prefer him at right back. He's less of a defensive liability there and his strength works pretty well against wide players.

I think he's alright as a fullback, but I don't get the clamour for him to play in his 'natural position' at centre half, because he's shaky there to say the least. He avoided a lot of criticism last season because there was a scapegoat to take the flak.

Come on Gilette, I respect your opinion, But FFS He was far and away the best player last season. The Boy has been playing with shite for a season, He is young and can only get better.

I would make him the captain never mind get rid of him.

He is 100 % committed, I hear he trains like fk. The guy could be great for rangers in my opinion, I am Always impressed when I go to see the guy at the games, the way he shouts and has a great presence.

I am shocked at the reaction you have got from the post, but would definately say this guy could really thrive under warburton.

Davie Weir I am sure will help to turn him into a great player.