1. 1. Would you be interested in joining a Rangers Media weekly Poker game

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sket said:

Should be a pretty big field of players so I'll need it. Will be the biggest love game I've played in,looking forward to it.

I've always wanted to enter a major tournie like that mate but my problem is that I can't stay disciplined enough to play the long gameĀ 

On 25/03/2016 at 11:59 AM, GOAT said:

I did read about it, but it's the checking and raising of the bets I'm finding difficult to understand and the big blinds and small blinds. Ā I just don't get that part, I know it's probably so simple, but the sites I've read what they're saying makes no sense to me.

Better watching a twitch stream that way your seeing the hands live rather than them just showing the best ones. I learned how to play in my local pub in the redtooth poker league theres also couple of other pub poker leagues, redtooth is a fiver a game so cheap way to learn.

Big blind and small blind are forced bets it's to save people just sitting waiting for aces all day. Checking and raising you will learn what to do with your style of play some people will check when they have a drawing hand others will bet big trying to get others to fold incase you don't hit your draw. 2 best pieces of advice I was given was if pots big 1 pair is never good enough 99% of the time and if you get check raised opponent hasĀ  a very good hand ie 3 of a kind usually

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 19/03/2017 at 4:37 AM, Steelydan1690 said:

Would love to learn how to play but got no clue what so ever

Site called Replay Poker - by the very nature of it being free (no actual cash stakes) it can beĀ removed from reality (people going all in etc) compared to when cash is involved and you can pick up bad habits etc however it's a way to learn with zero risk.Ā 

Google - Poker hands, so you can see the strength of them and register for Replay, you will pick it up in no time.Ā