bluebell82

Matched Betting

182 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

The free bet on this is stake returned so the profit would be about £98 then. Not too bad just need to keep good records and not have powercuts :( Was in the middle of updating my spreadsheet last night when the power cut out and i was unable to recover the last save. Not impressed.

 

Would i also be right in saying that any bet where the lay odds are LESS than the back, you can make a profit regardless?

i.e found one for tonight on coral (back ) of 5.25 and smarkets (lay) has 2% comm and odds of 4.9 on the same game (monaco v sochaux) so betting £10 would return a profit of 54p

yup if your lay bet has shorter odds then you'll be in profit or possibly the lowest possible loss depending on commission etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers, thats what i thought when i saw it on oddsmonkey, obviously those odds don't come up too often.

Will be on the lookout for them from now on, quick way to make an extra bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Horse racings easy and this matched betting is pish.

 

1st time i've bet on the gee gees, Using oddsmonkey got 15 (back) on Bourgh boy with the lay of 13, £20 free bet, lay to cover and the fucker wins. Not impressed, shouldn't have bothered laying :( would be up £280 on a free bet. FML

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Horse racings easy and this matched betting is pish.

 

1st time i've bet on the gee gees, Using oddsmonkey got 15 (back) on Bourgh boy with the lay of 13, £20 free bet, lay to cover and the fucker wins. Not impressed, shouldn't have bothered laying :( would be up £280 on a free bet. FML

That would be plain old betting mate! That's the whole point in matched betting!

To stop things like that being annoying you need to distance yourself from the outcome of any back or lays. The whole point is to make money on every transaction so the outcome of any match/game is irrelevant. It's about the long term gains!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cobham said:

That would be plain old betting mate! That's the whole point in matched betting!

To stop things like that being annoying you need to distance yourself from the outcome of any back or lays. The whole point is to make money on every transaction so the outcome of any match/game is irrelevant. It's about the long term gains!

Yup dont see it as gambling see it as a part time job

I was due back 17 quid from the liverpool game last night no matter what, sat and watched the game knowing i was up 17 for doing barely anything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cobham said:

That would be plain old betting mate! That's the whole point in matched betting!

To stop things like that being annoying you need to distance yourself from the outcome of any back or lays. The whole point is to make money on every transaction so the outcome of any match/game is irrelevant. It's about the long term gains!

Was on my lunch break and decided to watch it live, as it was my 1st bet on the horses that wasn't drawn out of a hat(grand national). little bugger was sat in 4th and then seemed to get a wee spurt on and everyone else died, was a fair bit in front.

I get that you shouldn't care about the outcome, as you know you'll be up either way. But FFS its still annoying.

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yup dont see it as gambling see it as a part time job

I was due back 17 quid from the liverpool game last night no matter what, sat and watched the game knowing i was up 17 for doing barely anything 

Part time work, tax free regardless of income and if there was bets with over the 100% rating constantly i'd give up my day job :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Was on my lunch break and decided to watch it live, as it was my 1st bet on the horses that wasn't drawn out of a hat(grand national). little bugger was sat in 4th and then seemed to get a wee spurt on and everyone else died, was a fair bit in front.

I get that you shouldn't care about the outcome, as you know you'll be up either way. But FFS its still annoying.

Part time work, tax free regardless of income and if there was bets with over the 100% rating constantly i'd give up my day job :D 

id gladly chuck my job for this lol, id say by the time the stan james one kicks in i'll be 100 quid up since friday night, if i could borrow a few grand from somewhere id take a fortnight off work and nail every bet going

as for winners outwith it, yup it does suck, i seen my mate pull 150 for a 5 bet on 5 games BTTS, yeah its good profit but he doesnt show you the rest of his losing weekend bets, and he needed a last minute goal to get it

i wish id found matched betting way earlier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for anyone thats interested, since i started this i have done 15 offers, either new customer or existing customer offers, they 15 qualifying bets ive placed have cost me a grand total of £10.08

my free bet returns on they 15 offers though (so far only 12 have settled in terms of the free bets, im waiting on the barca game to finish for another 2 and the stanjames free bet to kick in) have been £152.81 and i still have about 60 quid profit to come in from the 3 missing bets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah i'm thinking of taking a grand from my savings and sticking it in smarkets and then just waiting on the 103% plus bets as shown on oddsmonkey. Small profits but guaranteed and may only get a couple of bets a day but it would work out better than the savings rate :D 

 

I'm up just over £110 and used 9 offers, fucked up on one though (due to thinking i had the jist) but at this rate i'm happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mclovin9091 said:

Yeah i'm thinking of taking a grand from my savings and sticking it in smarkets and then just waiting on the 103% plus bets as shown on oddsmonkey. Small profits but guaranteed and may only get a couple of bets a day but it would work out better than the savings rate :D 

 

I'm up just over £110 and used 9 offers, fucked up on one though (due to thinking i had the jist) but at this rate i'm happy.

yeah its usually always human error that costs you money in matched betting, the good thing is that its never going away so taking your time wont harm your chances of money

oh one thing to watch out for, paddy power and betfair merged together, so if you are taking an offer from paddy power your best using smarkets exchange to lay it, to be on the safe side as paddy power is great for offers and being gubbed by them is a sore one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put somone I know onto this last month. I don't have time to do it myself so I've bankrolled him and will take a % of the profits. Think he's up about £500 so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm due my annual tax rebate in a few weeks so I think I'll be giving this a bash when that clears. I've pretty much cut out my coupons completely barring a tenner at the weekend now,lost quite a bit on that Raith game just passed despite having a fiver on Halliday to score first at 14s so that pissed me off and I realised I was just throwing money away. Should be able to put a good bit of time into this MB so it's worth a bash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started this tonight, signed up to profit accumulator and made my first bet which I'll lose 17/18p from then I get my £30 free bet from Betfred and we'll see where it goes from there. :D

On 11 February 2016 at 10:29 PM, Jimbeamjunior said:

yeah its usually always human error that costs you money in matched betting, the good thing is that its never going away so taking your time wont harm your chances of money

oh one thing to watch out for, paddy power and betfair merged together, so if you are taking an offer from paddy power your best using smarkets exchange to lay it, to be on the safe side as paddy power is great for offers and being gubbed by them is a sore one

Jim, fancy firing your spreadsheet(minus your bets/winnings) over just to use as a template? Or fire me a link to a good one to copy. Just to keep track of my bets and winnings.

Also, anyway to avoid getting gubbed off the bookies?

EDIT: Found a good spreadsheet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PRW. said:

Started this tonight, signed up to profit accumulator and made my first bet which I'll lose 17/18p from then I get my £30 free bet from Betfred and we'll see where it goes from there. :D

Jim, fancy firing your spreadsheet(minus your bets/winnings) over just to use as a template? Or fire me a link to a good one to copy. Just to keep track of my bets and winnings.

Also, anyway to avoid getting gubbed off the bookies?

This is a blank copy of the one i've been using, slight variation of one found online. Though i'd be a good idea to keep a check on the open bets i have and requirements to get the free bet. The profit/Loss column is for the individual open bets (not overall thats the big box at J24) Obviously variations are easy to make and personalise to suit yourself.

 

As for getting gubbed, check past reviews of the bookies to see which ones normally limit your betting. Oddsmonkey seems like a great wee site.

Matched Betting blank.xlsx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i just set up my own, from your bookies account and your betfair account statement its easy to see how much you made or lost

be careful with tying up your money, i withdrew 75 quid from titan bet on sundya, still not got it yet, dont commit too much of your money unless your certain you dont need it for at least a fortnight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also, any questions folks give me a shout, was gonna actually post a step by step guide for anyone wishing to start this on here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

 

be careful with tying up your money, i withdrew 75 quid from titan bet on sundya, still not got it yet

Bloody hell thats slow. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

was going to start this but my mate i mentioned it to has been doing it and has shelled out about a grand covering bets so far

think hes up about 60 quid in the 2 weeks he has been doing it though

just seems like a big outlay and a lot of work

plus im not sure ive got the time with shifts at work and a baby in the house to focus on it 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, showtime69 said:

was going to start this but my mate i mentioned it to has been doing it and has shelled out about a grand covering bets so far

think hes up about 60 quid in the 2 weeks he has been doing it though

just seems like a big outlay and a lot of work

plus im not sure ive got the time with shifts at work and a baby in the house to focus on it 100%

Fuck me, he's doing it wrong.

 

1st time, you need £20 to deposit in the bookies and then upto another £50 for your liability on the lay. The higher the odds the more your liability will be, so stick to less than 6.00 for the 1st few bets to build up.

 

im on my laptop so dont have access to my spreadsheet but i think i'm just at about a grand deposited but am up over £150. Taking this week off betting to allow all transactions to complete so i can be 100% on where i stand.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Fuck me, he's doing it wrong.

 

1st time, you need £20 to deposit in the bookies and then upto another £50 for your liability on the lay. The higher the odds the more your liability will be, so stick to less than 6.00 for the 1st few bets to build up.

hes saying he can guarentee 40 quid profit from the bet365 inplay offer on the PSG/Chelsea game?

i was hoping he could get it down to a fine art then just tell me what to do and talk me thru it bet by bet but im no sure he is doing it right as you say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, showtime69 said:

hes saying he can guarentee 40 quid profit from the bet365 inplay offer on the PSG/Chelsea game?

i was hoping he could get it down to a fine art then just tell me what to do and talk me thru it bet by bet but im no sure he is doing it right as you say

Aye they've got their usual in play offer on. Bet £50 before the game and you get a free £50 bet in play.

Whats he putting on thats gonna make £40?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Aye they've got their usual in play offer on. Bet £50 before the game and you get a free £50 bet in play.

Whats he putting on thats gonna make £40?

You match your bet

I'll post up later how its done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You match your bet

I'll post up later how its done

Yeah, I think I've got the hang of it.

I signed up to profitaccumlator and I think I've made about £60 so far in around 4 bets. Only thing is I'm just going by PA's Oddsmatching table and the highest I seem to be winning is around £20. Is that normal or is there ways to make more on a single bet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PRW. said:

Yeah, I think I've got the hang of it.

I signed up to profitaccumlator and I think I've made about £60 so far in around 4 bets. Only thing is I'm just going by PA's Oddsmatching table and the highest I seem to be winning is around £20. Is that normal or is there ways to make more on a single bet?

 

depends on what your free bet is, but usually most offers are 10-20 quid free bets, if you can hit 70-75% of the free bets back then its all good

some sites like 365 can get you more, but it takes way more to do it, some people just dont have the bankroll for it, especially at the start of their matched betting career

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now