*** Rm Erskine Fund - Season 15/16 Official Thread

govanblue

GB, I currently give Erskine a tenner a month (4 weekly really) via my work's payroll donation service. If I was to stop that would there be anyway to set something similar up into the fund (even if as a standing order) to save making a tenner donation individually each month?

No mate, please don't!

That's probably a far more effective way to support them than what we do. You'll get Gift-Aid and Tax Relief on that, making it worth far more than it costs. (tu)

But, if you PM me a screenshot or something, you will qualify for a Full Season's Fund Membership. ;)

RM Erskine Rangers Recreation Fund - Season 2015/16

Ordinary RM Members Supporting Extraordinary Erskine Veterans.

mrbump.jpg

RM Erskine Fund Thread – Season 2015/16

Latest Accounts: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=284912

Donation Link: http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/forum/donate.html

(The previous thread can be found here…

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=283308&page=41#entry1062778380

and all the other Fund threads can be found here…

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&search_tags=erskine%2Blunch%2Bfund&search_app=forums

and here…

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&search_tags=rm%2Bsponsors%2Bfund&search_app=forums

- That’s a lot of threads! :pipe:

The RangersMedia Erskine Rangers Recreation Fund (aka The Fund) is a voluntary fundraising group funded by RM Member donations (and other occasional fundraising activities). A donation of £5 or more gains you membership of the Fund’s Hall of Fame, which is by far the most respectable list around these parts - but more importantly, it helps us help our Veterans, and our Club.

The money raised is spent as follows:

• Providing Rangers FC Products and Services to Residents of 4 Erskine Care Homes (eg: Season Tickets, Match Tickets, Hospitality Tickets, Stadium Tours, Argyle Restaurant Lunches, Rangers TV, Rangers Match Programmes)
  • Providing non-Rangers-related Recreational Treats for the Residents of 4 Erskine Homes (eg: Boat Trips, Restaurant Lunches, Christmas Party Donations, Palace Visits, D-Day Whisky Miniatures)
  • Supporting The Rangers Family - Rangers Development Fund, Rangers Charity Foundation, Rangers Ladies, Rangers Football In The Community.

(we also support Residents of Hollybush House Hospital (Combat Stress) along the same lines as the Erskine Homes)

The Fund has no running costs – (except the 6% PayPal fee charged by PayPal on all donations :( ). So every penny donated is properly spent and properly accounted for. (tu)

With over £25,000 raised to date (and spent very wisely!), we are now enthusiastically embarking on our 4th Season of Supporting Erskine Veterans and Rangers FC. It promises to be our most successful season so far - and that’s why we’d really like you to join us. :thumbup:

We launched this season’s new membership a few days ago, and the response from members has been awesome - We already have almost 200 New Members before a ball is even kicked.

But the more members we have, the more we can achieve, so please join us. It's easy.

To Support our Activities, and Join our Hall of Fame, simply donate £5 or more to the Fund (and PM me).

• If money is in short supply, that's all we need from you. (tu)
  • If even £5 is too much, not a problem - PM me for a full concession - there are other ways to help apart from money! :pipe:
  • If you earn enough to donate more than £5, then please feel free to donate as you see fit. (tu)
  • If you're on holiday, offshore, waiting for pay day etc, then PM me and I'll add you to the Pledged List - then you can donate whenever is good for you.

Donation Link: http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/forum/donate.html

And yet another big Thank You to Loyal Fund Member G13

Whose latest donation of another £50 !!! means that the Stolen Sweetie Slush Fund is already off to a flying start. :21:

But we still need to find a way to reform Bomber Bill.

toffee1_zps06h47da2.jpg

Might I suggest he needs his own jar...

blue-stripey-jar.jpg

And yet another big Thank You to Loyal Fund Member G13

Whose latest donation of another £50 !!! means that the Stolen Sweetie Slush Fund is already off to a flying start. :21:

But we still need to find a way to reform Bomber Bill.

toffee1_zps06h47da2.jpg

Might I suggest he needs his own jar...

blue-stripey-jar.jpg

G13. :clap:

GB, I currently give Erskine a tenner a month (4 weekly really) via my work's payroll donation service. If I was to stop that would there be anyway to set something similar up into the fund (even if as a standing order) to save making a tenner donation individually each month?

Actually, this raises a couple of points, which I'm sure others will be asking too.

1. We definitely don't want any members to set up any regular monthly payments. Although PayPal lets you do this, we don't think it's a good path to go down. (So if anyone accidentally ticks "recurring monthly" on their donation, we reject that part. (tu) )

The current model sees me running 3 fundraising campaigns per year. This one is the first (New Members Campaign) Next up comes the "Remember November & Santa" Campaign in November, then finally the "Emergency End-of-Season" Fundraiser.

The first one is mandatory for new members (£5 or more), the others are optional (any amount you choose)

2. We definitely don't want any members to divert any of their current charitable support for Erskine, or any other similar good causes, just to support the Fund. The Fund is only designed to stimulate additional donations, over and above what Erskine would normally get without us.

Obviously The RSEA Still needs your support too!

http://rsea.org.uk

:thumbup:

We've also begun a wider enquiry, and here's what we've learned...

Here's what Erskine park had to say for themselves...

Well, we have a sweetie bowl and it rarely has sweeties in it as they disappear very quickly. Before you send an accusing remark it’s not me that eats them!! I will send a couple of pictures of our empty bowl which looks quite classy-better than Mains sweetie jar. If someone decides to send this poor home some sweets please ensure they are wrapped, as many hands in a sweetie bowl……………you know the rest!!!

It's a good job we spoke to them, because up until then, I had been planning on simply asking everyone to turn out their pockets, and give us any sweeties they found there (remembering to suck any oose & hair off them first obviously! :pipe: )

We've also begun a wider enquiry, and here's what we've learned...

Here's what Erskine park had to say for themselves...

It's a good job we spoke to them, because up until then, I had been planning on simply asking everyone to turn out their pockets, and give us any sweeties they found there (remembering to suck the oose/hair off them first obviously! :pipe: )

This story will run and run G B, mark my words. :D:pipe::pipe:

Welcome to member number 164 - Andy Little's Boots

009__034__awards__Andy_Little___13488363

My wee fella would love a pair of those boots. It was him that picked my username. I'm still trying to persuade him I should change it but he's still not happy about Andy being let go last summer. He's only 10 so I'm sure he'll get over it eventually, I'm hoping that after Sunday he'll have a new favourite player. There certainly wasn't much to choose from last season!