*** Rm Erskine Fund - Season 15/16 Official Thread

govanblue

Sadly, in all campaigns there are always casualties. :(

Spare a thought for the Staff at Erskine Park Home, who scheduled their Summer Fete long before the Peterhead game was rescheduled for TV. (It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!)

Not only will there now be far fewer visitors to the Fete (most of them will be at the game!), but the poor old staff will have to miss the game too. leaving their Season Ticket Seats empty, while all the other Erskine Loyal are enjoying the game! :(

So if you're not going to the game, why not pop along to Erskine and buy a couple of cakes for the cause?

It's easy to get to Erskine Park Home - just come off the Motorway at Bishopton and the Erskine Grounds are right there.

You'll get to meet some of the Veterans and Staff, have a look around the facilities, and you can have a look at the fantastic Reminiscence Room, Sensory Room, Families Room and Sporting Memories Room (work in progress) - All of them created and equipped to meet specific needs, all on the strength of donations from the Rangers Family! :21:

Erskine_Fete_zpsczz43nys.jpg

Shared on Facebook. :)

Activity Summary - Sunday, Peterhead

18 tickets for Erskine

8 tickets for Combat Stress

2 tickets for an Old Soldier

Total: 28

plus another 3 seats donated by members (to be used as required)

Fund Cash to be collected: approx £72

Plus, I'll hopefully have another great bit of news tomorrow - regarding Erskine Season Tickets - but I'll hold off on that until it's all done and dusted. (tu)

That might all sound very encouraging, but bear in mind that all these "new members" were already on the Pledged List, so they were already counted.

So we're still at 191 and still no closer to our target of 200 members. :(

191 :( I do not like uneven numbers surely I cannot be the only one :unsure: 9 more would be very cool. :)

Bump before a long walk before the game

I've been up since 04:30 and had my Sunday constitutional; one hour walk in the Southside. Two bowls of porridge and a full Scottish too. Meeting a buddy from London at 10:00 in Kinning Park for another full Scottish and then onto the Wee Rangers Club. Buzzing for the game. Enjoy the game everyone and wouldn't it be good if we could hit 200 before KO today.

I've been up since 04:30 and had my Sunday constitutional; one hour walk in the Southside. Two bowls of porridge and a full Scottish too. Meeting a buddy from London at 10:00 in Kinning Park for another full Scottish and then onto the Wee Rangers Club. Buzzing for the game. Enjoy the game everyone and wouldn't it be good if we could hit 200 before KO today.

Sir - I admire your capacity. When I return from the walk its two square sausage, tattie scone and egg rolls.

Good Evening to Mrs BluePeter9, Mrs SoldierBlue1, and RFC Eagle's Girlfriend, and thanks for your donations to the Toffee Fund. (tu)

And thanks to Mrs Bluepeter9 for the Blue Movies. (tu)

This 6 DVD Boxed Set:

rangers-legends-vol-2-dvd-cover-art.jpg

• There's Only One Amoruso
  • John Greig Legend
  • Paul Gascoigne - The Rangers Years
  • Super Cooper - Davie Cooper Story
  • Albertz The Hammer
  • Ian Ferguson - The Last True Blue?

Which I'm sure we'll find a good home for. (tu)

Thanks to Loyal Fund Members SW3 and Jim White's A Bear, whose spare tickets for today were very much appreciated by some Veterans. :21:

And Thanks to Loyal Fund Members SurreyBear, folkestoneger and bears fan whose spare S/T seats for the St Mirren Game will also be appreciated by some Combat Stress Veterans. :21:

Cash collected today from the following members:

• govanblue
  • Mrs BluePeter9
  • Mrs SoldierBlue1
  • only14me
  • RFC Eagle
  • RFC Eagle's Girlfriend
  • stafford

Total collected: £102

:thumbup:

Thanks to Loyal Fund Members SW3 and Jim White's A Bear, whose spare tickets for today were very much appreciated by some Veterans. :21:

And Thanks to Loyal Fund Members SurreyBear, Folkestoneger and bears fan whose spare S/T seats for the St Mirren Game will also be appreciated by some Combat Stress Veterans. :21:

Cash collected today from the following members:

• Mrs BluePeter9
  • Mrs SoldierBlue1
  • only14me
  • RFC Eagle
  • RFC Eagle's Girlfriend
  • stafford

Total collected: £102

:thumbup:

:clap: