*** Rm Erskine Fund - Season 15/16 Official Thread

govanblue

Update:

Nothing much to report today.

No new members. :(

bluepeter is working hard trying to identify the last few donors.

The Rangers Legends DVD Box Set (Volume 1) from ebay has safely arrived at Erskine Park Home. I'll hand deliver the other box set (Volume 2) on Friday.

Hollybush House passed the Rangers TV Test, so as soon as they get an HDMI Cable, we'll get that set up.

That's it for now.

Update:

Nothing much to report today.

No new members. :(

bluepeter is working hard trying to identify the last few donors.

The Rangers Legends DVD Box Set (Volume 1) from ebay has safely arrived at Erskine Park Home. I'll hand deliver the other box set (Volume 2) on Friday.

Hollybush House passed the Rangers TV Test, so as soon as they get an HDMI Cable, we'll get that set up.

That's it for now.

No new members :(:(

All the rest. :thumbup::thumbup:

Total Spent this season:

Sponsors' Fund Spending this season:

£100 – RDF – 100 Summer Raffle Tickets

£50 – RDF - 1 Ricksen Wall Panel Brick

£364 – RDF – 7 Weekly Lotto Lines, prepaid for a year

£360 – RDF – 180 Rising Stars Tickets (10 per league game)

Sponsors’ Fund Total Spent: £874

Erskine Fund Spending this season:

£173.80 - Lunch & Drinks for 12 at Kilted Skirlie, Loch Lomond

£612 – 2 Rangers Season Tickets

£109 – Loch Katrine Boat Trip & Drinks for 12

£137 – 14 Tickets for Burnley

£385 – 28 Match Tickets v Peterhead

£388.80 – 6 Disabled Hospitality Seats for Rangers v St Mirren

£224 – 12 Tickets v St Mirren

£23.30 – Rangers Legends 6 DVD Boxed Set

Erskine Fund Total Spent: £2,058.90

Total Spent this season: £2,932.90

Money Collected This Season:

Cash collected for Sponsors’ Fund: £207

PayPal collected for Sponsors’ Fund: £300

Total collected for Sponsors’ Fund: £507

Cash collected for Erskine Fund: £532

PayPal collected for Erskine Fund: £2,559

Total collected for Erskine Fund: £3,091

Total Collected This Season: £3,598

Current Balances:

Erskine Fund: £2,837

Sponsors’ Fund: £532.70

Not a bad start to the season really. :21:

Current Spending Plans:

Erskine Fund:

£260 - 4 Hospitality Places for Erskine Glasgow

£250 – 5 x Rangers TV Annual Subscriptions

£250 – 5 x Rangers Match Programmes (if we can get them!)

£100 – Erskine Toffee Replacement Scheme

£120 – Loch Katrine Boat Trip & Drinks for 12

£150 – Visit for 12 to the Palace of Holyroodhouse

Plus as many match tickets for as many games as we can manage. Minimum of 4 tickets per Home Cup Game (the 4 Erskine S/T Seats) already promised.

Sponsors’ Fund:

£250 for Ladies Sponsorship Next Season (The Ladies’ season runs to a different timetable)

£100 towards RM/RDF Brick Promotions

£100 – RDF Autumn/Winter Raffle

Update:

We are currently running RangersTV tests in Hollybush House (Combat Stress)

As soon as the tests are passed, we will arrange for a Year's Subscription.

That's going to brighten up their Sunday afternoons for sure! (tu)

hollybush_house_zps805bfe66.jpg

That looks like a comfortable area. How long is the average stay for the young vets who pass through Hollybush House?

Just wondering how many of the comparatively short-term population we are able to impact upon.

That looks like a comfortable area. How long is the average stay for the young vets who pass through Hollybush House?

Just wondering how many of the comparatively short-term population we are able to impact upon.

Actually, that's their "Posh Lounge" - they have a much more relaxed TV-Lounge, which is where the Rangers TV will mostly be watched.

The residents normally stay for a 2 week period. From what I've heard, like any hospital, it can get a bit dull at times - especially at the weekends.

So the Residents normally jump at the chance to get out to Ibrox. Heading up to Ibrox with a group of fellow Veterans, and enjoying the collective atmosphere of 45,000 fellow fans must surely have some significant social-therapeutic value. I think.

On a more anecdotal note, all the guys I've spoken to have told me that it definitely means a lot to them. One guy told me that he hadn't come out of his room for a week, but he jumped at the chance to go to Ibrox, and told me several times just how happy he was to have the chance.

I hope that the Rangers TV will make an even bigger difference, because they will have that "on demand". Can anyone think of a better way to spend a rainy Sunday Afternoon than watching Rangers Classic Games or Series Like the 9-in a row years or the Road to Manchester? :21:

Beats Hancock's Half Hour - that's for sure! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjE5WfweIcU

Speaking of Erskine Lunches, can you spare an hour in Glasgow, Edinburgh or Bishopton?...

We are seeking Mealtime Support Volunteers for all our Erskine Homes and are currently recruiting for our Erskine Glasgow Home in Dorchester Avenue, Glasgow. Your role will be to offer support and encouragement at mealtimes for our residents who require it, to optimise wellbeing through good nutritional care.

In addition to offering assistance to residents to enjoy their meals through prompting and direct support, volunteers bring social interaction and this valuable support makes mealtimes for our residents more pleasurable. It also eases pressure on the Care Staff affording them the time to concentrate on residents with more complex care needs at these busy periods within the Homes.

If you are able to assist with this volunteer service we would be very keen to hear from you, as it is such an important part of our residents' day and a time that is made more pleasurable with interaction from our volunteers. Training is offered by Erskine Speech and Language Services.

We have opportunities for you to volunteer at lunch or with the dinner service in the evenings however we are particularly keen to hear from those who can offer support at lunchtime. Volunteer shifts for this would be 12.15/12.30 - 1.15/1.30.

Actually, that's their "Posh Lounge" - they have a much more relaxed TV-Lounge, which is where the Rangers TV will mostly be watched.

The residents normally stay for a 2 week period. From what I've heard, like any hospital, it can get a bit dull at times - especially at the weekends.

So the Residents normally jump at the chance to get out to Ibrox. Heading up to Ibrox with a group of fellow Veterans, and enjoying the collective atmosphere of 45,000 fellow fans must surely have some significant social-therapeutic value. I think.

On a more anecdotal note, all the guys I've spoken to have told me that it definitely means a lot to them. One guy told me that he hadn't come out of his room for a week, but he jumped at the chance to go to Ibrox, and told me several times just how happy he was to have the chance.

I hope that the Rangers TV will make an even bigger difference, because they will have that "on demand". Can anyone think of a better way to spend a rainy Sunday Afternoon than watching Rangers Classic Games or Series Like the 9-in a row years or the Road to Manchester? :21:

Beats Hancock's Half Hour - that's for sure! :P

The length of time spent in Combat Stress is dependent on the needs of the individual. There are 6 week courses run specific to PTSD and there are other courses of approximately 2 + weeks targeted at mental health problems for other veterans who require to make multiple visits over a number of years but this is all decided by the very professional clinical staff.

I hope that helps. WATP

The length of time spent in Combat Stress is dependent on the needs of the individual. There are 6 week courses run specific to PTSD and there are other courses of approximately 2 + weeks targeted at mental health problems for other veterans who require to make multiple visits over a number of years but this is all decided by the very professional clinical staff.

I hope that helps. WATP

That does help. (tu)

It's also worth noting that the Veterans are not all Young Pups - there are quite a few Senior-Ranks who rely on their services too.

That does help. (tu)

It's also worth noting that the Veterans are not all Young Pups - there are quite a few Senior-Ranks who rely on their services too.

I hope that helps. WATP

It's really great to see this. Just wish that the MOD had thought of it much sooner than they did. I know many guys that served with me that suffered from PTSD from various conflicts (some still do) and it is really good news that something is done about it now.

I hope the TV is up and running for Friday's game. Give the lads something to cheer the house down :)

I hope that helps. WATP

Great to get info from those that really know what is going on. Only wish the Scottish media could be so factual.