*** Rm Erskine Fund - Season 15/16 Official Thread

govanblue

All good news GB.

Any feedback from the Vets that attended last night?

Not yet. The Combat Stress Guys will be knackered, having been up till 2am re-watching the game. :D

I met the Combat Stress Guys before the game, and had a good chat with them. As always, they were extremely grateful for the opportunity.

I also very briefly met the 2nd Erskine Bus as they were driving in to the Car Park (the 1st was already parked up and empty), and only had time to pass the DVD Box Set through the passenger window. Everyone looked very happy. (tu)

7 tickets for Rangers v Hibernian now bought. Cost: £159

(I couldn't get Aisle seats though - these ones are two seats in. But they're still in Rows C & D, so it's just a couple of steps extra, so they'll be fine.)

Add that to our 4 S/T seats, and that's 11 in total for this game. (Plus there will be 4 more from Erskine at the game courtesy of the RST's 4 seats (tu) )

We may manage to magic up another couple of seats later in the week too, if we're lucky. :sherlock:

And hopefully one or two members might donate their unused seats for this game to make sure that the Combat Stress Lads get a chance to go too. (tu)

NB sorry for the late post but was a late night for the CS lads. By the time we got back to Hollybush it was about 2300 hrs. And after some food and watching the game again on Rangers TV it was 0300 hrs. Meds taken and into our pits and back up at 1000 hrs to work with the clinical staff.

Anyway last night what can I say? As a ST holder I was in my own seat but the other 4 boys where in all areas of Ibrox even the Manchestter Bear who was in BR4 doing the bouncy with the lads and at 6'8" he stood out like a sore thumb lol. Each of the boys were adopted and made to feel like family by all Bears around them which they really appreciated. On behalf of the boys I would like to take this opportunity to thank every single bear for making Ibrox bounce and take these guys to a different place other than with their personal demons.

Can I also thank GB and the members of the fund for making this all possible as one of the guys said he couldn't believe the kindness shown to them and he shed a tear at the game and when he went to his pit, yes us roughies do weep.

Anyway to the 2 old bears having a handbags at dawn in the Albion Carpark hope you have recovered from your fright as 4 squaddies separated you and the big fella lifting you and sitting you both back in your cars, I nearly pissed myself lmao

So many thanks Bears for your kindness and from me personally thank you for giving me a reason to exist even if it's only every second Saturday. WATP

Great post mate. (tu)

NB sorry for the late post but was a late night for the CS lads. By the time we got back to Hollybush it was about 2300 hrs. And after some food and watching the game again on Rangers TV it was 0300 hrs. Meds taken and into our pits and back up at 1000 hrs to work with the clinical staff.

Anyway last night what can I say? As a ST holder I was in my own seat but the other 4 boys where in all areas of Ibrox even the Manchestter Bear who was in BR4 doing the bouncy with the lads and at 6'8" he stood out like a sore thumb lol. Each of the boys were adopted and made to feel like family by all Bears around them which they really appreciated. On behalf of the boys I would like to take this opportunity to thank every single bear for making Ibrox bounce and take these guys to a different place other than with their personal demons.

Can I also thank GB and the members of the fund for making this all possible as one of the guys said he couldn't believe the kindness shown to them and he shed a tear at the game and when he went to his pit, yes us roughies do weep.

Anyway to the 2 old bears having a handbags at dawn in the Albion Carpark hope you have recovered from your fright as 4 squaddies separated you and the big fella lifting you and sitting you both back in your cars, I nearly pissed myself lmao

So many thanks Bears for your kindness and from me personally thank you for giving me a reason to exist even if it's only every second Saturday. WATP

Now just wait a minute - that second last paragraph needs expansion for those of us of s very curious / nosy nature !

The rest was a good read tho'

Now just wait a minute - that second last paragraph needs expansion for those of us of s very curious / nosy nature !

The rest was a good read tho'

Two old guy had a wee accident in the Albion car park no great shakes but the guy in the expensive car decides it's a private car park and he's not going to give his details to the other wee guy. Anyway he gets out of his car and tries to intimidate the wee guy to move his motor. The wee man gets out of his motor and walks up to the other guy and said "hey I need your details cause I can't afford to get this repaired" the other guy still refused to give the wee man his details and pushed him. The wee man then proceeded to get off a couple of good digs. We then jumped out of our car,we'll sort of jumped as we are all carrying injuries, and separated them. The bigger of the two refused to behave and was promptly lifted off his feet by the big man and dumped unceremoniously in his motor lol. The polis arrived and the pantomime was over lmao.

Ok that must be worth a donation into the fund. WATP

Two old guy had a wee accident in the Albion car park no great shakes but the guy in the expensive car decides it's a private car park and he's not going to give his details to the other wee guy. Anyway he gets out of his car and tries to intimidate the wee guy to move his motor. The wee man gets out of his motor and walks up to the other guy and said "hey I need your details cause I can't afford to get this repaired" the other guy still refused to give the wee man his details and pushed him. The wee man then proceeded to get off a couple of good digs. We then jumped out of our car,we'll sort of jumped as we are all carrying injuries, and separated them. The bigger of the two refused to behave and was promptly lifted off his feet by the big man and dumped unceremoniously in his motor lol. The polis arrived and the pantomime was over lmao.

:lol:

Although the chap not handing over his insurance sounds a bit of a walloper!

Good story tho'

Non members reading this should join so they can appreciate this thread and these stories without feeling guilty.

Glad to hear it. (tu)

We should hopefully have enough tickets for another carload at the Hibs game. I believe they've all been claimed already. :thumbup:

The lads I've been chatting to have given me a few examples of how it's been helping them and others, but those are personal medical things, so I can't really talk about them here. Suffice to say, that for some Residents, just like at Erskine, the chance to get to Ibrox is the highlight of their week, and sometimes it's the only thing that will get them out of their room all week.

So considering these tickets are mostly free (as part of our unused S/T Seat donation scheme), I think it's a fairly effective use of the no money it costs us. :thumbup:

All it needs is for enough Season Ticket Holders to let me know if they're not going to a game, game by game.

Next Up - Hibs. That should hopefully be a very therapeutic session. :21:

I think we've got a couple of tickets lined up already, but we still need a couple more seat donations from members for this one. (tu)

Where's Youtube when you need it?

It's posts like this that make you appreciate all the more the need for the RM Erskine Fund.

Good to hear they had a great time.

Where's Youtube when you need it?

Just use your imagination.

I hope the big mans tattoo came through unscathed it's a belter (Alfred looked great :D). It was good to meet the guys last night. (And a bonus meeting of Offshore Worker).

Next game SB can tell me how he got back to Hollybush before I got to Renfrew, traffic was murder.

Thanks to ianb1547 who has donated his seat for the Hibs game, and thanks to RFC#1. who has also donated his two seats for the game. :21:

So it's looking good for the Hibs game.

If we can get enough seats donated, we can maybe help out another couple of Old Soldiers too.

Just posted on another thread and realised this thread needs a bump.

You'll be glad to hear that we're getting ever closer to the big 200.

187 Donated, 8 Wives Club Members, 15 Pledged. (tu)

Also interesting to note that thanks to our Rising Stars win and some generous donations, we collected £160 yesterday,

Today I bought 7 tickets for the Hibs game at £159.

So we're still a quid up. (tu)

You'll be glad to hear that we're getting ever closer to the big 200.

187 Donated, 8 Wives Club Members, 15 Pledged. (tu)

Also interesting to note that thanks to our Rising Stars win and some generous donations, we collected £160 yesterday,

Today I bought 7 tickets for the Hibs game at £159.

So we're still a quid up. (tu)

:thumbup:

Great to hear some good feedback on the sponsors fund mate, even better that the family around your mates made them feel more than welcome, which should always be the case, WATP after all.

GB gets a bit of grief at times and a normal person may let it get to them, he never seems to and carries on regardless with his shameless punts for more funds and wanting even more donations. However the way I see it I could piss £10 in a bar toilet after 30 minutes and a few pints, GB can give someone a smile. That's worth a tenner at least to me so a fiver is a steal.

PS Well done for sorting out the handbags at dawn routine by the way, most people nowadays would turn a blind eye and sod off. Not really something that should be done especially amongst fans but maybe a bit of frustration in life was a play with one of them. some people are not as Fucking diplomatic as I am ;)

GB gets a bit of grief at times and a normal person may let it get to them, he never seems to and carries on regardless with his shameless punts for more funds and wanting even more donations. However the way I see it I could piss £10 in a bar toilet after 30 minutes and a few pints, GB can give someone a smile. That's worth a tenner at least to me so a fiver is a steal.

The grief does get to me sometimes, even if I do bring much of it on myself. :P

But when it does, I'm usually reminded of just how many Good Bears continue to fully support this venture (well above and beyond a fiver a year!) and am reminded of just how easy it actually is to do what I'm doing, as long as that support continues. :21:

But there's a serious flaw in your Beer analogy - I've checked my records, and it clearly shows that each of your 4 donations in the last month have all come shortly after several visits to the bar toilet! :P