*** Rm Erskine Fund - Season 15/16 Official Thread

govanblue

Summary for those too lazy to go back to page 1...

RM Erskine Rangers Recreation Fund - Season 2015/16

Ordinary RM Members Supporting Extraordinary Erskine Veterans.

mrbump.jpg

Welcome to the New RM Erskine Fund Thread – Season 2015/16

Latest Accounts: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=284912

Donation Link: http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/forum/donate.html

(The previous thread can be found here…

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=283308&page=41#entry1062778380

and all the other Fund threads can be found here…

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&search_tags=erskine%2Blunch%2Bfund&search_app=forums

and here…

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&search_tags=rm%2Bsponsors%2Bfund&search_app=forums

- That’s a lot of threads! :pipe:

The RangersMedia Erskine Rangers Recreation Fund (aka The Fund) is a voluntary fundraising group funded by RM Member donations (and other occasional fundraising activities). A donation of £5 or more gains you membership of the Fund’s Hall of Fame, which is by far the most respectable list around these parts - but more importantly, it helps us help our Veterans, and our Club.

The money raised is spent as follows:

• Providing Rangers FC Products and Services to Residents of 4 Erskine Care Homes (eg: Season Tickets, Match Tickets, Hospitality Tickets, Stadium Tours, Argyle Restaurant Lunches, Rangers TV, Rangers Match Programmes)
  • Providing non-Rangers-related Recreational Treats for the Residents of 4 Erskine Homes (eg: Boat Trips, Restaurant Lunches, Christmas Party Donations, Palace Visits, D-Day Whisky Miniatures)
  • Supporting The Rangers Family - Rangers Development Fund, Rangers Charity Foundation, Rangers Ladies, Rangers Football In The Community.

(we also support Residents of Hollybush House Hospital (Combat Stress) along the same lines as the Erskine Homes)

The Fund has no running costs – (except the 6% PayPal fee charged by PayPal on all donations :( ). So every penny donated is properly spent and properly accounted for. (tu)

With over £25,000 raised to date (and spent very wisely!), we are now enthusiastically embarking on our 4th Season of Supporting Erskine Veterans and Rangers FC. It promises to be our most successful season so far - and that’s why we’d really like you to join us. :thumbup:

We launched this season’s new membership a few days ago, and the response from members has been awesome - We already have over 130 New Members before a ball is even kicked.

But the more members we have, the more we can achieve, so please join us. It's easy.

To Support our Activities, and Join our Hall of Fame, simply donate £5 or more to the Fund (and PM me).

• If money is in short supply, that's all we need from you. (tu)
  • If even £5 is too much, not a problem - PM me for a full concession - there are other ways to help apart from money! :pipe:
  • If you earn enough to donate more than £5, then please feel free to donate as you see fit. (tu)
  • If you're on holiday, offshore, waiting for pay day etc, then PM me and I'll add you to the Pledged List - then you can donate whenever is good for you.

Donation Link: http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/forum/donate.html

3_zpsa9fabab6.jpg

John_at_Ibrox_zps7hnewk8y.jpg

Update: Burnley Game

Erskine Bishopton have got back to me, and would like 8 tickets please, thank you very much!

For a Tuesday late-night pre-season friendly, that's not a bad turnout. :21:

So I've activated the 4 Erskine Season Ticket Smartcards for them (cost £30) and we'll buy another 4 seats next to those in the public sale tomorrow (cost £35). And that will be Bishopton sorted. (tu)

Erskine Park and Erskine Mains can't attend this one, because they're going to the Inverary Highland Games that day. :thumbup:

I haven't heard back from Erskine Glasgow yet. I'll chase that up.

And I'll email Combat Stress tonight and let them know there are tickets available for them. There's less urgency with tickets for Hollybush House, because their Lads tend to be a bit younger and fitter, and don't need to worry about stairs so much. (tu)

Not one for bumping but its a bloody fiver

you will earn more than that in your first hour at work in the morning you will spend more on yer first round in the boozer tommorow night after work

these people gave up a hell of a lot for us just get it done (tu)

Not one for bumping but its a bloody fiver

you will earn more than that in your first hour at work in the morning you will spend more on yer first round in the boozer tommorow night after work

these people gave up a hell of a lot for us just get it done (tu)

Your bump is good mate, some of us (especially BP9 in the morning :D ) enjoy a bump when we have the time and as you say it is a great cause. These people do deserve our support. (tu)(tu)

Your bump is good mate, some of us (especially BP9 in the morning :D ) enjoy a bump when we have the time and as you say it is a great cause. These people do deserve our support. (tu)(tu)

After visiting the boardroom sub section and posting about the fund in the Struth Academy thread I feel the need for a good bump!

Nigh Ye all !

And then it was Christmas Party time.

We donated £100 to each of our 4 Homes, with specific instructions that it all be used to add extra treats to their existing Christmas Festivities.

And then £100 to Erskine Edinburgh too, because it was Christmas after all!!! :P

Here are the cheques...

RM-xmas-cheques-2_zps1dfaf1f1.jpg

And here are the results...

Erskine Edinburgh: "After chatting with the residents they have chosen, rather than champagne, to have a single malt for the whisky fans and some fancy red wine for the wine drinkers. This is great as we usually can’t afford the good stuff so they’re now really looking forward to enjoying those on the day for their Christmas shindig. We’ve also been able to pay for our entertainer to perform for an extra hour which is great as he’s a favourite with the residents and so now we can have a packed afternoon of great music, fine wines and single malt!

Thank you very much for this generous gift which means that all of our residents are excited about celebrations and in good spirits."

"The Erskine Bishopton Home advised me that the money paid for some extra entertainment, some expensive crackers and some good whisky for all to enjoy."

Erskine Mains said: Once again a Big Thank you to RangersMedia for the very generous donation towards our festive Season at Erskine Mains.

You Enabled us to purchase a New Christmas Tree (the old one was looking a bit tired) our new Tree is Fab and was used for our Tree of Honour Ceremony and our official Switching on of our Christmas lights.

Added to this we were able to purchase more refreshments ( Drinks & Food) for both Christmas & New Year Parties.

Many Thanks and all the best for 2015 to all at RangersMedia From Erskine Mains.

"Here at Erskine Park we invested in a good quality Santa suit which meant our residents not only had a visit from Santa at our Christmas party but also a visit from Santa on Christmas Day. We borrowed a Santa suit in the past so thank you for ensuring that Santa is always available for gigs at Erskine park in the future. We also bought good quality whisky and decent crackers.

Please thank your guys at RangersMedia for ensuring that our residents once again enjoyed an extra special Christmas."

And to date, I still count that Santa Suit as our proudest achievement!!!! A measly £40 has made a Real, Measurable, and Lasting Difference for years to come.

That's how easy it is :thumbup:

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/forum/donate.html

Next up was the Erskine Park Sporting Memories Room.

The plan is for a dedicated room where they can hold their Sporting Memories Therapy Sessions.

A nice comfy room, with comfy chairs with a big wall mounted TV to watch their Rangers DVDs on (we've donated dozens of DVDs to them - they're very popular) - and also where they can watch their Rangers TV package (which we'll be providing) to their heart's content. (tu)

We've already given them £200 to buy the TV, and they'll be buying that once everything else is ready.

And hopefully, Helen Runciman, renowned Rangers Artist is going to create a large Sporting Heroes artwork for the main wall (like a mural or a digital collage).

And that only came about because Carol from Erskine bumped into Helen, and Tom Clarke from the RSEA at the RDF Fundraising Night. And Carol from Erskine was only there because we bought them tickets for it. So well done us - a major, if unplanned, result. :thumbup:

What else?

Oh yes, we've also contributed some Rangers Prints and other items for the room, which are exactly the kind of thing they're looking for. Ideal for eliciting memories...

Managers_zpsdlewrbyh.jpg

Captains_zpshfthx4nn.jpg

Millenium_Ibrox_Framed_zpsm7cznfh3.jpg

Sandy1_zpsdd7b2649.jpg

legends_medals_2_zpscc7a4326.jpg

ECWC40thMedal_zps767138c6.jpg

DSC00101_zpsbd149786.jpg

Work is only now beginning on the Sporting Memories Room, so expect lots of updates from me once it starts gathering pace.

did you get my pm gb (tu)

Yes mate. Looks like I forgot to answer it though. :D

But I did act on it - The money arrived, your donation is logged in my "cash donations spreadsheet" and here's your welcome in the earlier thread...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=283308&page=39#entry1062777563

Hope you like the picture. What's Blue and Orange and lurks offshore? :P

Ticket Update:

Another 4 Burnley tickets for Erskine Bishopton now purchased. (£30)

That's 8 in total so far.

We've managed to get the 4 seats directly behind our 4 Season Ticket Seats, meaning the group of 8 from Bishopton can all sit together in our favoured spot. (tu)

The (carefully chosen) location of our 4 Season Tickets is ideal for Erskine because there are only about 3 or 4 small steps required to get to Row C, meaning that any particularly frail Veterans can be wheeled in, via the Disabled Access and almost right up to their seats in a wheelchair, before being assisted up the few steps. Then after the game, just a couple of steps down, back into the wheelchair, and back to the bus. Nae bother!

This opens up Ibrox for a very large section of the Erskine Population, who would be totally unable to use the normal entrance and exit routes of queues, turnstiles, stairs up, stairs down, etc etc, but who can happily manage a short assisted walk, and just a couple of steps up and down. So in the absence of any wheelchair space availability, this is not a bad solution. :thumbup:

Here's what I mean...

John_at_Ibrox_zps7hnewk8y.jpg

And for those Veterans who can't even manage those few little steps - well that's where the Hospitality tickets come in. (tu)

Erskine_Symon1_zpsjfhpjct8.jpg