*** Rm Erskine Fund - Season 15/16 Official Thread

govanblue

Key Points for those too lazy to go back to page 1...

RM Erskine Rangers Recreation Fund - Season 2015/16

Ordinary RM Members Supporting Extraordinary Erskine Veterans.

mrbump.jpg

Welcome to the New RM Erskine Fund Thread – Season 2015/16

Donation Link: http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/forum/donate.html

Latest Accounts: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=284912

(The previous thread can be found here…

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=283308&page=41#entry1062778380

and all the other Fund threads can be found here…

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&search_tags=erskine%2Blunch%2Bfund&search_app=forums

and here…

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&search_tags=rm%2Bsponsors%2Bfund&search_app=forums

- That’s a lot of threads! :pipe:

The RangersMedia Erskine Rangers Recreation Fund (aka The Fund) is a voluntary fundraising group funded by RM Member donations (and other occasional fundraising activities). A donation of £5 or more gains you membership of the Fund’s Hall of Fame, which is by far the most respectable list around these parts - but more importantly, it helps us help our Veterans, and our Club.

The money raised is spent as follows:

• Providing Rangers FC Products and Services to Residents of 4 Erskine Care Homes (eg: Season Tickets, Match Tickets, Hospitality Tickets, Stadium Tours, Argyle Restaurant Lunches, Rangers TV, Rangers Match Programmes)
  • Providing non-Rangers-related Recreational Treats for the Residents of 4 Erskine Homes (eg: Boat Trips, Restaurant Lunches, Christmas Party Donations, Palace Visits, D-Day Whisky Miniatures)
  • Supporting The Rangers Family - Rangers Development Fund, Rangers Charity Foundation, Rangers Ladies, Rangers Football In The Community.

(we also support Residents of Hollybush House Hospital (Combat Stress) along the same lines as the Erskine Homes)

The Fund has no running costs – (except the 6% PayPal fee charged by PayPal on all donations :( ). So every penny donated is properly spent and properly accounted for. (tu)

With over £25,000 raised to date (and spent very wisely!), we are now enthusiastically embarking on our 4th Season of Supporting Erskine Veterans and Rangers FC. It promises to be our most successful season so far - and that’s why we’d really like you to join us. :thumbup:

We launched this season’s new membership a few days ago, and the response from members has been awesome - We already have over 130 New Members before a ball is even kicked.

But the more members we have, the more we can achieve, so please join us. It's easy.

To Support our Activities, and Join our Hall of Fame, simply donate £5 or more to the Fund (and PM me).

• If money is in short supply, that's all we need from you. (tu)
  • If even £5 is too much, not a problem - PM me for a full concession - there are other ways to help apart from money! :pipe:
  • If you earn enough to donate more than £5, then please feel free to donate as you see fit. (tu)
  • If you're on holiday, offshore, waiting for pay day etc, then PM me and I'll add you to the Pledged List - then you can donate whenever is good for you.

Donation Link: http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/forum/donate.html

3_zpsa9fabab6.jpg

John_at_Ibrox_zps7hnewk8y.jpg

Ticket Update:

Combat Stress won't get back to me until the end of the week. So in the meantime, I contacted one of their ex-patients, who has enjoyed some tickets from us before, and offered a pair of tickets for him and his Good Lady - which they were delighted to accept. (tu)

Also, I contacted the 'Old Soldier' I was telling you about last week. He's not well enough to attend the games yet, but I thought it would be nice to give him two tickets to give to his brother and his old Army mate, who normally go to the matches with him. He was delighted to accept on their behalf. (tu)

So that's another 4 Burnley tickets from the Fund to help out a couple of Veterans. :21:

Ticket Update:

Combat Stress won't get back to me until the end of the week. So in the meantime, I contacted one of their ex-patients, who has enjoyed some tickets from us before, and offered a pair of tickets for him and his Good Lady - which they were delighted to accept. (tu)

Also, I contacted the 'Old Soldier' I was telling you about last week. He's not well enough to attend the games yet, but I thought it would be nice to give him two tickets to give to his brother and his old Army mate, who normally go to the matches with him. He was delighted to accept on their behalf. (tu)

So that's another 4 Burnley tickets from the Fund to help out a couple of Veterans. :21:

Great helping these people G B, they deserve it. (tu)

Fundy Handy Hint:

I've updated the link in my signature, just below the picture. It now links to the 15/16 Hall of Fame Fund Members List.

RM Erskine Fund - Hall of Fame 2015/2016

So if at any time, you need to check the Hall of Fame List, (before calling someone out for Timpostery for example! :P ) just find any post by me, and click on the link in my signature.

Alternatively, it's also the third post in this current thread, so just go back to page 1...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=285130&page=1#entry1062779188

(tu)

Another Slow News Day. :P

So with 115 members now Donated, and 31 members Pledged to donate before the start of the League, I think that we have now pretty much reached our ceiling.

When I get the figures from Admin, I expect there will be a few members who have donated, but not told me. That always happens. (tu)

There may well also be one or two unrenewed former Members who are maybe away on holiday etc. and will sign up later, if they ever spot my pm.

We may well also get a few more new donors over the next two weeks, but it will be less than a trickle, and not really worth the effort of an active campaign.

But I reckon that's probably about it. (tu)

A big round of applause to everyone who has donated, bumped, bet, bullied and blackmailed throughout the campaign. :clap:

We are still open for new members, but let them come to us for a change! :P

And now, let's get on with the spending. :D

First up, the Burnley Game.

8 tickets for Erskine Bishopton - bought

4 tickets for Veterans - buying shortly

? Tickets for Combat Stress - TBA

Then next up we have the Rangers v Peterhead Petrofac cup game.

Since it's a a Sunday 3pm kick-off, Erskine might be quite interested in that game.

For the League opener v St. Mirren, I had offered to get a dozen tickets in the encloure, but that was before I realised that season ticket sales would go well. :P so we might struggle to get a dozen good seats, but I'll do my best and get what I can. We will definitely have some Veterans up in Hospitality for that one.

In between all that football, there's also another Loch Katrine Boat Trip to organise, and a visit to Palace of Holyroodhouse. (tu)

Plus the Rangers TV, and match subscriptions to sort out. :21:

So with 115 members now Donated, and 31 members Pledged to donate before the start of the League, I think that we have now pretty much reached our ceiling.

When I get the figures from Admin, I expect there will be a few members who have donated, but not told me. That always happens. (tu)

There may well also be one or two unrenewed former Members who are maybe away on holiday etc. and will sign up later, if they ever spot my pm.

We may well also get a few more new donors over the next two weeks, but it will be less than a trickle, and not really worth the effort of an active campaign.

A big round of applause to everyone who has donated, bumped, bet, bullied and blackmailed throughout the campaign. :clap:

Since it's a a Sunday 3pm kick-off, Erskine might be quite interested in that game.

For the League opener v St. Mirren, I had offered to get a dozen tickets in the encloure, but that was before I realised that season ticket sales would go well. :P so we might struggle to get a dozen good seats, but I'll do my best and get what I can. We will definitely have some Veterans up in Hospitality for that one.

In between all that football, there's also another Loch Katrine Boat Trip to organise, and a visit to Palace of Holyroodhouse. (tu)

Not sure what to do if I'm not having a regular bump - I may have to resort to talking about football !

Many Thanks to Loyal Fund Member G13

G13 had activated his smartcard for the Burnley game, but is now unable to attend the game. :(

Luckily G13 knows exactly what to do in those circumstances, so he PMed me, and now I can get a paper replacement for his seat. (tu) I'm also able to buy the seat next to his, so that's a pair of tickets sorted for the Combat Stress Veteran and his wife that I mentioned earlier. The club got a tenner, the Fund saved a tenner (to spend on more tickets) and two empty seats are now filled. All good. :21:

So if you find yourself in similar circumstances, at least now you know what to do. (tu)

It has gone really well G B and you can be delighted with the response from so many Bears / Bearettes over the last few weeks and I will now stand down with the bumps, unless called to action again.

I know BP9 will struggle not having his daily bump, so if you agree I think it would be still OK for him to have his 'night ye all' bump and it would keep him away from any more bodily function bumps. :thumbup:

It has gone really well G B and you can be delighted with the response from so many Bears / Bearettes over the last few weeks and I will now stand down with the bumps, unless called to action again.

I know BP9 will struggle not having his daily bump, so if you agree I think it would be still OK for him to have his 'night ye all' bump and it would keep him away from any more bodily function bumps. :thumbup:

:lol:

Don't get me wrong - the thread will still need bumping, if only to keep it near the top for me to update. ;)

It might also keep me from drifting to the OT forum where a lot of the posts originate from a good bump! But to be honest I'd enjoy the morning bump the best

It might also keep me from drifting to the OT forum where a lot of the posts originate from a good bump! But to be honest I'd enjoy the morning bump the best

I only go into the OT on rare occasions, not a place for the faint hearted but interesting threads at times. :blush:

You could try 'morning ye all' :thumbup:

Many Thanks to Loyal Fund Member G13

G13 had activated his smartcard for the Burnley game, but is now unable to attend the game. :(

Luckily G13 knows exactly what to do in those circumstances, so he PMed me, and now I can get a paper replacement for his seat. (tu) I'm also able to buy the seat next to his, so that's a pair of tickets sorted for the Combat Stress Veteran and his wife that I mentioned earlier. The club got a tenner, the Fund saved a tenner (to spend on more tickets) and two empty seats are now filled. All good. :21:

So if you find yourself in similar circumstances, at least now you know what to do. (tu)

You're welcome, or should I say.... they're welcome. :D