*** The Official Hibernian Vs Rangers Match Thread ***

Essandoh

I still think this game has came to soon, hopefully I'm proved wrong. However no really giving a monkeys fuck about the challenge cup, but don't want to give hibs any confidence for the league campaign by beating us, look at hearts at the start of last season, will be a a hard game IMO. Need to find a scoring touch on Saturday.

I reckon the team that started tonight will start on Saturday..

Agree with that that's why they all got 60 mins. Unless some quick fire transfers are made that will be it. Waghorn could have had 2 in the first half, so get him on to shooting practice until Saturday and we will be fine!

Back to business and looking forward to velcroesque (stolen from RTV) ball control by our new RB.

Halliday ripping there entire team a new exit while Waghorn dances on the goal line clothes lining any cunt that gets near him as he scores.

We have to win to make up for the utter dross and lack of pride our team has shown in the past so expect a sound victory with a bit of panash thrown in to upset the junkies and send a signal to the rest a the fuckers to dread facing us!

I think Saturday's game will be interesting. If we were to score an early goal I think the team could romp it as the players look to be playing with some intensity.

I'm glad Warburton is treating it as another friendly though as I'd rather ensure our players were ready for the game versus St Mirren on the 7th of August.

Foderingham

Tavernier Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Halliday

Law Holt

Walsh Miller

Waghorn

I know it's only the way you have set out your starting line up mate, but one of the things I really liked about our new formation last night was the way the midfield 3 rotated.

At different points of the game, Law, Halliday and Holt all took a turn at sitting as the holding midfielder whilst the other 2 advanced further up the pitch.

It was something I was delighted to see, as ridgid positions and formations can become far too predictable over time.

Same team as last night, possibly Thomson in the middle there, but really happy with the initial set up.

Nothing but positives from last night, against a Burnley team who are PL team in all but name tbh, Dyche knows how to organise a team, very well drilled and played some nice stuff, their forward looked a player.

Exciting times for me, you could see we tried to move the ball quickly, but due to a lack of games and understanding between players, it'll take a couple more weeks before we fully get the system down.

Agreed.

Where is the Templeton who used to waltz past Steven Whittaker?

I wasn't at the game but looking at the highlights, I seen him on the ball once in the entire highlights package. Now highlights dont tell the full story but that simply is not good enough.

Templeton like the rest of the players from last season is going to have to up his game considerably if he is going to hold down a place in the starting 11.Perhaps with a bit more coaching from MW and DW he might improve but never really saw that much difference in him last night.Lets hope he can up a few gears as I would like to see every player working hard and playing well as it also makes it great for competing for places throughout the entire squad.

I think Saturday's game will be interesting. If we were to score an early goal I think the team could romp it as the players look to be playing with some intensity.

I'm glad Warburton is treating it as another friendly though as I'd rather ensure our players were ready for the game versus St Mirren on the 7th of August.

I'd rather he didn't treat this as another friendly, there is a trophy up for grabs and I'd like to see us win it. We should aim to win every game we take part in anything less is unacceptable, in my opinion.