*** The Official Hibernian Vs Rangers Match Thread ***

Essandoh

Lads you all seem to be putting huge faith in Templeton. Where's it came from?

He's let everyone down time and time again

I've had him in every team I've had, more in hope than expectation mind you.

He, along with McKay and potentially Walsh, are the only three capable of playing those wider positions in a front three IMO.

He has the ability and, even when he has been poor, which he has been, he's always trying to commit players and make things happen, exactly the style that suits a 4-3-3

I'm his biggest fan tbh, been calling for him to start for ages and he has flattered to deceive on occasion, but on his day, there's nobody better suited to the role IMO.

I think Warburton will get the best out of him.

Hopefully Holt is signed-up for Saturday.

Are people expecting Thompson to play a part? From what I understand, the boy has never played a professional game in his life. I just assumed he was a long-term investment.

For what its worth he doesn't have a profile on the official site. Tav & Waghorn had theirs added before officially being announced. Thompson is one for the future and hopefully he can force his way into the first team at some stage this season.

Lets hope everyone who pulls on a Rangers jersey this season does well and gets this club back to where we belong and with a bit of luck and a lot of hard work actually playing some attractive football.Good luck to all im sure we will come good.

Ally got slaughtered for every non win ( and even some wins) - but this is not about Ally - ( the king is dead long live the king and all that) - but as Walter Smith once said your only ever two defeats from a crisis at ibrox - I hope MW hits the ground running as I am not sure we are patient as a support - if he gets a few wins under his belt and then loses folk will at least be able to judge what we have seen on the park - loose early and I fear our impatience will add to the pressure - mind you - handling pressure is what a Rangers manager has to do - and to me the mark of a good manager is how he turns round bad form. Let's hope we don't have to find that out to early.

We are not patient and that's the way it should be at our famous club .Always has and Always will be .Oh yeah hate has nothing to do with it either :-)

Lads you all seem to be putting huge faith in Templeton. Where's it came from?

He's let everyone down time and time again

Am not his biggest fan but according to someone on ff who works with Halliday's brother Halliday said Templetons been the best player in training.

Think it will be:

4-3-3

Foderingham

Tavernier kiernan Wilson Wallace

Halliday Murdoch Holt

Mckay Waghorn Templeton

I actually have a feeling that law will be playing instead of murdoch, but u just can't have law and Holt in the same midfield!

We will probably know what it will be today when we play burnley as that will more than likely be the team for Saturday.

It's much more important that the right seeds are planted for a major change in the way we go about the football operation than getting through a round of the Diddy Cup.

If we can win then great, if we can't then all things considered, it's hardly the end of the world.

What I want to see is that by the end of August we can see a shape to the team, that we are playing entertaining football and winning consistently.

playing burnley tonight will give us some idea of what level we are at and that gives us a marker for the game at easter road and hopefully slaughter them and getting the season off to a good start :peanut:

I really can't judge how this team will fare, so many players I have never heard of, so its down to trusting the management's judgment.

If we overcome Hibs, I expect us to march onto to finally, finally win this cup.