*** The Official Rangers V St Mirren Match Thread ***

WilliamFyfe

Great start to the campaign (and thanks ST for that PK miss). Only was able to catch the last 15 minutes, but so refreshing watching this team now - almost feel like I'm dreaming. Long may it continue!

Is your avatar Herr Harvey with his hair slicked back during 'Framed?'

I just learned that he usually used a can of McEwans Export to style his hair back for that number.

Legend. :spraise:

Id love to see Waghorn given a run in the wider position

He needs to play up front as we have no-one else. It's probably his willingness to move in the central position that creates space (and therefore chances to run onto) for the wide-men coming forward and cutting inside.

Aird played right back against Ayr and did well by all accounts.

I know, but I just thought it was interesting we didn't even have a CB in there. Especially with Kiernan struggling slightly the day before.

I know McGregor was suspended but was Zal, too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LloWIsq1P7k

Extended highlights for anyone who missed the game. That challenge on Wallace was a red looking back at it, totally reckless.

Cheers, been looking to watch the extended stuff again. Some fantastic bits of play. Waghorn was superb and linking up play and creating for others. Would've loved if he got a goal or two to his name

Extended highlights for anyone who missed the game. That challenge on Wallace was a red looking back at it, totally reckless.

Not sure if its the way it has been edited but that was even more dominant that I remembered. Waghorn, McKay & Walsh all outstanding. The boy Baird and the keeper kept them from an absolute hammering.

I know, but I just thought it was interesting we didn't even have a CB in there. Especially with Kiernan struggling slightly the day before.

I know McGregor was suspended but was Zal, too?

Good question about Zal I didn't hear anything about a suspension and didn't even know we never had a centre back on the bench until you mentioned it. Wonder when the last time we did that was?

I think that is the point though. It looks a bit hairy at times, and I'm sure it will cost us occasionally, but it will also create space and allow us to break quickly.

Sorry, missed your reply.

If we can get it right, it should work that way.

Good example was our 3rd v Hivs - Wes played a ball across our 18 yard line & missed one of their guys by about 2 feet!

Wilson got it upfield & it was in their net within about 10 seconds!