Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MisterC

Glasgow airport evacuated

thank god that these bombs are being found or not going off properly. This is starting to become a complete joke.

Guy at my local off licence last night had the news on radio and saying how amateurish terrorists are becoming, I had a wee laugh with him about that. Tell you what though guys when its close to home its a damn sight less funny and even less worth joking over

Watching sky news, it looks a ferocious fire. I'm scared. :(

Its not racist to attack the stupidity of a religion and its followers.

you cant label everyone together, it is small minorities that claim to follow a religion

Sky news now:

Burning Car In Airport Terminal

Updated: 16:32, Saturday June 30, 2007

A jeep has driven into the terminal building at Glasgow airport and caught fire, police have confirmed.

Witnesses reported hearing a series of loud "bangs" and saw at least two men - one of whom was on fire - emerge from the vehicle.

The scene

The scene

It is thought a Cherokee 4x4 smashed into a glass door at the airport, the busiest in Scotland.

Witnesses said people removed gas cylinders from the jeep before it caught fire.

Police say it is too early to say whether the incident - which comes after failed car bomb attacks in London - was related to terrorism.

Police, fire crews and ambulances are at the scene.

Holidaymaker Stephen Clarkson said he knocked one of the men to the floor before police intervened.

He said: "There was an Asian male. He was lying on the floor and he was on fire, the Jeep was on fire as well.

Advertisement

"The fellow got up and started fighting with police. I managed to knock the Asian fellow to the ground and four police officers got on top of him."

He added: "His whole body was on fire. He was quite a big fellow and was disorientated otherwise I wouldn't have been able to knock him down."

James Edgar told Sky News: "People were running past like they has missed their flight.

"They told us all to get out of the airport.

"Everyone was in a panic and police and security were scuffling with an Asian gentleman."

Sky's Mark White said: "This is a significant incident that's unfolding."

More follows ...

Bastards

The reaction of members of the public was not to help the men in the car, but to restrain them, he told the BBC.

Mr Crosby, who said he served in Northern Ireland, told how he shepherded people away from the scene in case of a secondary explosion or a nail-bomb.

Two men, one of whom was reported to be badly burned, were seen being led away in handcuffs.

This shows the people of Glasgow and Scotland and Britain can be relied to pull together and let justice prevail in times like this

4 people arrested according to Strath Polis.

We should know all the truth very shortly

Needs more details before we can assume or judge anything

wheres sneddon for the correct police updates?

I recommened bbc bews 24 at the moment, bears

mobile video on Sky news

I recommened bbc bews 24 at the moment, bears

got it on the now boab

It was bound to get to Glasgow eventually :(

Some people say

It's what we deserve

For sins against god

For crimes in the world

I wouldn't know

I'm just holding the fort

Since that day

They wounded New York

Some people say

They hate us of old

Our women unveiled

Our slaves and our gold

I wouldn't know

But answer me this

I won't take you to court

Did you go crazy

Or did you report

On that day

On that day

Leonard Cohen - 'On That Day'

It was bound to get to Glasgow eventually :(

Some people say

It's what we deserve

For sins against god

For crimes in the world

I wouldn't know

Since that day

They wounded New York

Some people say

They hate us of old

Our women unveiled

Our slaves and our gold

I wouldn't know

But answer me this

I won't take you to court

Did you go crazy

Or did you report

On that day

On that day

Leonard Cohen - 'On That Day'

Very apt

my gran and grandad and F250 and his family r there and they say they have been put into a hotel

We should all be fucking happy a couple hundred people aren't dead by the sounds of it.

we are its just all the shock of this on your door step and especially when family are involved!!!

We should all be fucking happy a couple hundred people aren't dead by the sounds of it.

we are its just all the shock of this on your door step and especially when family are involved!!!

I know mate, not having a go, its a miracle these bastards and the ones down here in london haven't caused mass murder in the past few days.

Sounds more and more like the actions of random people saved a lot of lives.

I know mate, not having a go, its a miracle these bastards and the ones down here in london haven't caused mass murder in the past few days.

Sounds more and more like the actions of random people saved a lot of lives.

i agree 100%

and then you get these people calling them aisan gentlemen.

HOW THE FUC* ARE THEY GENTLEMEN IF THEY JUST TRIED TO BLOW UP HALF OF FUC*ING GLASGOW AIRPORT!!

They interviewed a member of the public who decked one of the terrorists who was on fire on bbc news 24.

The guy being interviewed hit the terrorist to the floor when he got out of the car. The guy got back up and raced to boot of car then police floored him.

Brave guy hey. He sounded suprisingly calm whilst he was being inteviewed by phone. Well done that man. (tu)

Sheer madness, this is a deranged world.

the world is great, its just some people in it are arseholes