**** The Official Rangers V Hibernian Thread ****

G.E.C.

We do (tu) It's easier away from home as teams are coming out and the play is much more open, we play the same way home or away, but teams will come to Ibrox, try and stifle the play and waste time; whereas away from home they'll look to get a result, get players forward which in turn gives us that space we need.

I also noticed Hib never once put the press on us, they allowed Kiernan or Wilson the ball from Wes and we couldn't get inbehind them really.

Decent game plan from them tbf

Considering the closeness of the result, one might think it will be the same tactics for Stubbs on the next Ibrox visit. I hope MW has a counter plan to break them down.

Yea he dominates the area when he has to, when he comes for a cross he takes it.

It looked a good save from where I was in the Govan corner, first half it was, maybe it was a shiter, will wait to see on the highlights.

I noticed he apologised to almost the full team after that scare at the back though, real togetherness about this squad that I'm loving.

Yeah they seem to have gelled quickly......that must be down to how much money we've spent according to Nellie. If the Erwin incident happened to one of our players how many do you think would storm in now?

did you mean the Cummings chance in the first half? It was at him but down low. He got down quickly and some keepers might have just stuck a leg out, so it was a good save. Wallaces block from Cummings though was really impressive not sure if Fods was going to get to it if it wasn't blocked.

Canny make a 10 yard pass and then played that absolute belter to Waghorn out on the right wing in the second half :lol:

Ahaha I had forgotten that!

That was a fucking belter of a pass.

Glad we've got a keeper that can come and claim a high ball. Gives a defence a bit of confidence.

His passing at times is, well........! :D

I swear he just wants something to do, mate.

When Hibs hit us on the counter he must have been thinking "fuck yea, come at me, bro"

Then they fucking sky it :lol:

What about the ball Wes played when he volleyed it out wide right to Waghorn. One of the passes of the game! But hey let's talk about one loose pass in 90 minutes

One great pass doesn't make him great at passing nor does one bad pass make him shit. It was a belter of a pass and hopefully he can reproduce those and settle down more.

Wilson also well capable of those cross field passes, so it's good to have that option.

Considering the closeness of the result, one might think it will be the same tactics for Stubbs on the next Ibrox visit. I hope MW has a counter plan to break them down.

You'd hope so (tu)

Although I do partly think that's why we went a lot with the diagonal, looking to bypas their midfield.

Tricky two games coming up so we'll look to amend for a few slack bits of play

Yeah they seem to have gelled quickly......that must be down to how much money we've spent according to Nellie. If the Erwin incident happened to one of our players how many do you think would storm in now?

did you mean the Cummings chance in the first half? It was at him but down low. He got down quickly and some keepers might have just stuck a leg out, so it was a good save. Wallaces block from Cummings though was really impressive not sure if Fods was going to get to it if it wasn't blocked.

Aye I think it was from the peado, luckily we had someone in the Copland front shouting 'Gunge the peado' anytime he was near the ball.

There would be no shitebags now that's for sure, still in the early stages as well.

Come the end of the season he will be the keeper who has had most successful passes.

Most keepers punt the ball 90% of the time and 50% of the time they lose possession.

I admire the short game he has been told to play. Mistakes will be inevitable however and possibly costly. But that's part and parcel of how we are playing under warburton.

Seriously, go take a flying fuck to yourself. If you cannot accept an opinion that differs from your own, then, as I've said already -- go take a flying fuck to yourself.

I can accept opinions. Not wrong ones though

The ball hit his arm, intentional or not it stopped the ball going where it was meant to be

Flying fuck I will not

I think we will be better for that kind of performance today and im sure the errors will be corrected on the training ground. I'm just glad that we managed to see what needs to be improved without us dropping any points. Will be a tough game next week against QOTS but think we will beat them comfortably in the end and i think hibs will drop more points in the next couple games. I think we will be running away with it come this time next month

You'd hope so.

Positives from today - cracking goal to win it & we found a way to win a game, that 12 months ago we could have lost.

I think the big positive from today is that we ground out this result. We never got into top gear and were loose at the back on the odd occasion. We are still a team in progress and I'm convinced we will get better as the season rolls on. However.............

It's all too obvious - to me at least - that we are still a good bit short if we are to challenge for the title next season. King has to 'pony up' as promised. I know there is a share issue in the horizon so hopefully meaningful funds will be created to allow 'the magic hat' to improve the squad to a sufficient level. What has to be created meantime is a widespread scouting system between now and when such funds become available. We have the man in the dugout - no doubt about that. Quite soon he will need the ammunition to take on 'them'

We played extremely poorly and seemed to throw our "passing" style out the window, opting for more direct play.

That said, despite our poor performance, we still managed twice as many shots at goal and enjoyed 60% possession

This tells me we are still miles ahead of them despite how "poor" we played

As MW said we were nowhere near our best yesterday but the players will have to learn from it. Lets face it only 6 games into the season and we are a work in progress.

Keeper is simply following instructions from the bench and if he is to keep his place he will continue to do so. Very much prefer him to Bell.