Pre Built Gaming Pc

Blue_Snib

I'm thinking about getting a PC for my 2 boys (and me) for gaming, I've seen this one and was wondering if it's decent enough to last a couple of years without upgrading. Are there any components in this build you would change?

Any advise would be appreciated, thanks

http://www.freshtechsolutions.co.uk/custom-built-computers/intel-geforce-gaming-computers/intel-core-i5-4460-1tb-8gb-1600mhz-gtx-960-2gb-vanquish-windows-10-gaming-pc.html

I'm thinking about getting a PC for my 2 boys (and me) for gaming, I've seen this one and was wondering if it's decent enough to last a couple of years without upgrading. Are there any components in this build you would change?

Any advise would be appreciated, thanks

http://www.freshtechsolutions.co.uk/custom-built-computers/intel-geforce-gaming-computers/intel-core-i5-4460-1tb-8gb-1600mhz-gtx-960-2gb-vanquish-windows-10-gaming-pc.html

Its seems decent but for a few extra quid the graphics card could be better. Most games these days are utlitising 3gigs or more of video memory, that card only has 2. That won't last 6 months never mind a couple of years mate. Having said that the only way to get a GPU or CPU that will still perform in a couple of years is to go nuts and buy ones that cost upwards of a thousand pounds......each.

My advice? Build one from scratch. It will be cheaper and If you want help picking parts etc this is the place to ask mate.

Built this my self following the guide so would recommend buying parts and doing it your self not as hard as you would think and saves you a lot of money runs any game on max settings pretty much and would say it is better than PS4 and xbox one will probably do some upgrades at some point as will be out dated very soon if not already but depends on what games you want to play on it

Do you think downgrading the processor to a Pentium G3258 @ 4.4Ghz? And upgrade the gfx to a 4gb gtx970 it takes the price down a fair bit too

No. Keep the i5. Does it have to be an Nvidia card? AMD have some really good cards for a very good prices. My 280x cost 190 and it runs pretty much everything I've thrown at it. A card like that or the 290 will no break your budget, it will save you money probably.

Built this my self following the guide so would recommend buying parts and doing it your self not as hard as you would think and saves you a lot of money runs any game on max settings pretty much and would say it is better than PS4 and xbox one will probably do some upgrades at some point as will be out dated very soon if not already but depends on what games you want to play on it

Been thinking about building this one myself, it just needs a few upgrades

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Bawheid/saved/snHTwP

I've been trying to get a pc together on pc part picker, what do you guys think of this build? Not really wanting to spend much more probably add a couple of blue case fans too

Drop windows 10, you can pirate it for free. That will save you cash.

Also I'd go with a better case and power supply, the rest of the components should be fine. Although I would recommend getting a 270/280/290 ati card instead of the geforce if you are going 'all amd'.

I've built a few computers on a budget over the last few months if you need anymore advaice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...