*** The Official Rangers V St. Johnstone Thread ***

WilliamFyfe

They will have had a good look at us and will have worked out how to counteract our attacking play. So I expect a stalemate in the first half, maybe a breakaway goal from them. But Warbs will make changes and we will destroy them in the second half. This is the most important game for years and I can't wait to see us put down the marker that we are the team that expects and is able to win every game.

Radio pundits sound desperate for us to lose this

3 days ago Keevins says aye Rangers could give septic a real test if they played them tommorow. Fast forward to 5pm on Saturday and its all over cause we ground out a result at Dumbarton lol. Bunch of parasites.

We beat them last season when they were flying in the league with a much worse squad. I think they will come to play a bit and we will pick them off like we've done to every other team who tried to play football instead of 11 behind the ball. They've conceded 15 goals already and I think another 4 will be added on to that on Tuesday.

Ticket sales are so poor for this which is really disappointing. It doesn't matter if its the norm we rarely get over 30k for midweek games on the tele,everyone who can should be there on Tuesday to support the team, whats the excuses for not wanting to go along to watch us after winning every single game this season?

It will be a good test and there will be a lot of watchers looking on to see how we fair.

The players should be made aware that there are many hoping we fail at the first hurdle, so let's get out and do this.

Kiernan, Oduwa, Holt should come back into the team.

I think this is the type of game that Warburton wanted Eustace for but he won't put him into this for a first game.

I fancy us to win 3-1, with Miller coming off the bench to seal the victory.

Probably come to Ibrox with a similar game plan as Hivs and try not to lose,hope to sneak a goal out of nothing.Force the pressure on them from the start, rattle one in and that plans fucked going to have to come out and play which should let us rattle a few more in.

I know the gaffer says the opposite but I think it depends on how St Johnstone set up.

If they come to sit behind the ball we will have to grind like fuck, if they come and have a go then we will fucking leather them.

What I would do though is go gung ho from kickoff and take them by surprise.

Strike before they have a chance to settle into their game plan.

Can't see us losing regardless.

I know the gaffer says the opposite but I think it depends on how St Johnstone set up.

If they come to sit behind the ball we will have to grind like fuck, if they come and have a go then we will fucking leather them.

What I would do though is go gung ho from kickoff and take them by surprise.

Strike before they have a chance to settle into their game plan.

Can't see us losing regardless.

Def agree with this point.

We should come out flying and get oduwa and mckay on the ball as much as possible.

I think the whole squad will be buzzing for the opportunity to get out and test themselves.

We haven't been great in the last two games so we have to play much better.

I haven't saw St Johnstone playing so I don't know anything about them.

At least it gives us the chance to see how we play against better opposition and hopefully the players will be up for it.

In other words...I have't a fuckin clue how we will do on Tuesday night !!

I have no doubts about winning this game, I think after Tuesday teams will finally realise what we are all about. As for the tickets sales, well, it's terrible, and I will never understand why we never turn up for big midweek games, utterly baffling!

I have no doubts about winning this game, I think after Tuesday teams will finally realise what we are all about. As for the tickets sales, well, it's terrible, and I will never understand why we never turn up for big midweek games, utterly baffling!

I don't think fans see a league cup tie against St Johnstone as a big match. Ironically, it's those fans sitting in the house on forums who will be the first to moan about low attendances and poor performances should we lose. Low attendances in league cup games is the norm for us, despite it being a cup match and one leg of a possible quadruple or treble, fans just don't fancy it. I am sure they would notice if the players shared the same attitude and didn't fancy it either and were knocked out.

They will set up like Hibs and St Mirren did when they came to Ibrox, try not to lose the game first and foremost and try and get a goal on the counter, however if we do to them what we did to St mirren, got a goal in the first 4 minutes, then a second before half time if we do that and don't concede straight away and just keep the pressure on them, they will have no chance, it will just be a matter of how many goals we win by.

Warburton still hasn't figured out that all you have to do is boot utter shite out of your opponents every game and the refs wont do fuck all. Should be practicing honking challenges in training and not this fucking passing and moving shite. Warburton oot

You're wasting your breath, Black! you stick tae painting and decorating,'cause you've no chance getting in this team. :pipe:

I don't think fans see a league cup tie against St Johnstone as a big match. Ironically, it's those fans sitting in the house on forums who will be the first to moan about low attendances and poor performances should we lose. Low attendances in league cup games is the norm for us, despite it being a cup match and one leg of a possible quadruple or treble, fans just don't fancy it. I am sure they would notice if the players shared the same attitude and didn't fancy it either and were knocked out.

Im sure those same fans would fancy it if it was against the scum though

Make it cheaper and don't have it on the TV.