*** The Official Rangers V St. Johnstone Thread ***

WilliamFyfe

If Oduwa spent time getting into the box than step overs we might have archived something. it's great yes you can do step overs mazy runs but you need the end product.

Boy is 19 ffs. If he learns to combine his trickery with the drive of Tav he'll be a cracker. We have a young side and a management team in place for only three months.

Onwards and Upwards

We also badly need a natural defensive midfielder, someone who's not afraid to throw themselves about.

Yeah.

I think Warbs will be on the look for The jan window.

We will Coast the league but tonight was a little reminder that there is still some work to do and we will need a few better quality players to take us to the next level.

Like I said earlier they are no way that two goals better than us.

We made bad defensive mistakes tonight which hopefully we will learn from. Otherwise we controlled the ball and dominated possession but lacked a finish in the final 3rd.

We have two transfer windows, players who don't improve or buy into our style will be replaced. I still have massive confidence about us going forward.

Its still a work in progress ,, we need a out and out finisher still,, ticky tacky fooite is lovely to watch when your coasting 4-0 up,, but we need someone who can just fucking hit it at times,,, even that Barca style of play can be infuriating when you think they are trying to just walk the ball into the net,, (and they have fucking players like messi and neymar ffs),,,, also we do need a holding DM if we are going to keep playing the kind of expressive footie we are,, as its always vulnerable to the counter as we seen tonight.

We will get away with it in the championship but will have to address it sooner or later. A wee wake up call tonight ,, esp the defence as they have had a relatively easy time so far.

Still its only the diddy cup so lets put it perspective,,, as much as I am disappointed, the league and promotion is what really matters ,, and if a cup,, ok then the Scot Cup as thats the wan that can lead to a euro place.

Just a bad night,,, but we where bound to get one sooner or later,, so lets move on WATP

Great leasson to be learned tonight.

A bit like realising you haven't checked your blind spot at the very beginning of your driving test, makes you sharper, more determined, etc etc. Now our boys will show there character.

Let me add, Tavernier is absolute quality, a future captain of whatever team he's in in the years to come.

Unlucky lads, this bear isn't angry, dust off, chest out

Wilson done shite for their first goal, should have stopped the ball going in.

Oduwa should've covered the runner in the move they got their corner, unbelievable how much space Lappin had.

Two centre backs were at fault for the 2nd.

Everyone but Tavernier was poor IMO. Ref was shite.

Commentators bigged the win up as much as they could.

Expecting changes for Sunday.

What would've happened tonight if we'd sat with a back 4 and a bank of 5 spread right in front of our 18 yard box and made St Johnstone play all the football? Result would've been a lot different. They came, sat in and took advantage of absolute schoolboy defending. If our centre halves had a solid game we would've been more than comfortable. Yes, we'll hopefully learn from the mistakes but we're not miles away. If that game was at McDairmid Park the onus is on them to attack and we would've exploited the space. Like Warburton said, most of the teams we play will now do this, we need to figure out how to break teams down.

Trueblue68 cunt started on warburton saying he needs sacked then got called a prick so wished death on a poster and his family

It's out of order, someone in their late 40's acting like.

Don't know where that post went...

No need for that.

We beat ourselves, some bad decisions at critical times. Attitude was wrong and dare I say it, team selection and tactics.

St Johnstone weren't good, they just handled us better and did their homework.

Puts it into perspective when Warburton says he doesn't focus too much on the opposition...maybe he should just a little bit more.

Just home. Disappointed but not entirely surprised. Can't believe they were time wasting from the first half, they won but we definitely rattled their cage especially in the 2nd half. At least we can lose in style (unlike the past few years), and the ref was crap.

Onwards and upwards.

What MW said was very true we are a new squad, 3 months in.

We will learn. Think of the new squad in division 3. It's night and day.

Good to happen now. Early enough to address the issues and build a stronger case for strengthening the squad too.

Would have loved a win but let's see where we are in 6 months time before worrying.

They want us to go home happy. I've no doubt they will address the problem and send us home beaming before long

Worst commentator I've ever listened to

Spent more time spouting shite, pointless statistics than actually commenting

aye like telling us who the goal scorer was the last time Dean Shiels won the cup just fucking pointless shite, woulda been better on BBC ALBA listening in Gaelic

St Johnstone probably played the best they'll play all year as well.

We're not a million miles away, but tonight was a timely reality check.

100% agree, we are not much off but we need to learn from this and move on. Its still early on in the project and how we bounce back from this will say more than our performance tonight

Great leasson to be learned tonight.

A bit like realising you haven't checked your blind spot at the very beginning of your driving test, makes you sharper, more determined, etc etc. Now our boys will show there character.

Let me add, Tavernier is absolute quality, a future captain of whatever team he's in in the years to come.

Unlucky lads, this bear isn't angry, dust off, chest out

We haven't learned the lessons from previous games. The ball over the top was highlighted as a weakness for us going back to the St Midden game yet it's still a problem especially for Wilson. The Hivs league game highlighted our need to keep the pace up in the game and not let opponents slow us down. Tonight we were very pedestrian, it shouldn't take pulling a goal back to 3-1 to light a rocket up our arse.

A big reality check after the various whippings we have handed out, but we needed that kind of game to see where we stood against the higher tier.

A work in progress as Warburton would say. I felt we were always vunerable to good counter attackig sides, it was just a matter of making sure we scored more, but our attacks were easily mopped up.

After the next two transfer windows, we'll be ready for the top flight.

We haven't learned the lessons from previous games. The ball over the top was highlighted as a weakness for us going back to the St Midden game yet it's still a problem especially for Wilson. The Hivs league game highlighted our need to keep the pace up in the game and not let opponents slow us down. Tonight we were very pedestrian, it shouldn't take pulling a goal back to 3-1 to light a rocket up our arse.

The lesson being when you come up against better opposition, fall below the quality expected and we will be punished. This result will eeradicate these mistakes more than a game yo go on to win 3-0 6-2 etc.

Do you want me to come on all killie fan making an arse if myself? No. Its a lesson that will have a massive effect on us in a positive manner, of which I have no doubt.

And if it doesn't? Then we are not ready to compete at any level above our league. Which isn't correct imo, a blip, a glitch, that will be rectified.