*** The Official Rangers V St. Johnstone Thread ***

WilliamFyfe

To play the way Warbs wants to we need a better/more physical DM than Halliday(who I would play more advanced) and at the very least one better/more Pacey CH than Wilson or Kiernan. We get away with it the now but next season we will be more exposed!

Now now squire, tis the cloth part that interests me, a man of the cloth are you?

I would have gladly explained the reasoning behind my username had you pm'd me and not openly accused me of being a Tim. You can fuck right off and if the admins have any doubt on my allegiances or my motives for creating an account i'll be happy to explain to them.

I'm a complete jinx though. We've lost the last 3 times I've seen them. Not sure whether I should stay at home now! :lol:

Every unlucky streak has to end at some point though :uk:

That's it. Out of respect for the team, the management, and more importantly, you guys.....I'm officially never going back to Ibrox. If anyone sees me, there, you have my permission to kick fuck out of me and tell me to get tae!

Just watched the game back after getting in from the game and I'm not as angry as I was at the final whistle. Yes we had a few players who under performed today but that was a professional performance by St Johnstone so all credit to them.

I think we can all see where we could have done better at the goals we conceded. The most important thing now is we learn from this. St Johnstone's third goal tonight was almost identical to the goal we conceded against Queen of the South. When a high ball is played like that we really need our centre halfs to know what the other one is doing, one goes to try and win the ball the other drops back and covers the man.

I've no doubt warburton will analyse this defeat better than any of us can and we'll be all the better for it come the end of the season. It's been said many times but we are a new team and a defeat was inevitable, how many of us really thought we'd win our first 11 games the way we have done back in June?

Bring on Morton and a response from the players!

Came home after a late shift and watched a tape of the game.

The big difference for me was 2 defensive lapses for the 2nd and 3rd goals together with missing a couple of good chances.

There was always the chance a team that defended well against us and took their chances on the break would win and that is what happened.

I don't think we were as bad as I thought from reading some comments earlier and if that Waghorn header gone in or Oduwa's shot had hit the bar and gone in we could have been looking at a different result

Ps. Balls over the top are a direct effect of a high defensive line, it has been said numerous times we will concede due to our style of play I don't understand why thats hard to fathom to some.

I think last night's game showed the niavity of the team optimised by the the 2nd and third goals.

No doubt that we will win the league but there will be some tough games ahead now that we've been beaten and quite easily too.

I can't believe how indirect we were at times.....especially in the first half. What is it that's so difficult about having a shot.....taking a player on, getting into the box and rattling the fucker?

I lost count of the times we got the ball outside the box and went wide, or backwards. Waghorn was doing my tits in the way he stood wide right and did fuck all sometimes. Needed to come inside more.

now ya got it!!!! If Nathan with all his skills was as direct as Tav then he.we would be unstoppable.

What the drama Queens need to remember is the average of our team and the fact the squad / mgmnt tem have been together for just over three months

I think last night's game showed the niavity of the team optimised by the the 2nd and third goals.

No doubt that we will win the league but there will be some tough games ahead now that we've been beaten and quite easily too.

naivety and epitomized you meant??

just joking, agree with your sentiments

I didn't get in until late after the game, so missed some of the belters in here. :lol:

Last night was both a reality check and a reminder that despite coming far, we have much further to go and to ease my concern, I believe that Warburton recognises that.

My only complaint would be that we put the ball up in the air a lot more, something we've not been used to this season, whether that be from a Foderingham punt or what have you. We lost possession a few times through this.

Having said that, I think we have to give credit to St Johnstone; they covered Wallace and Tavernier, sat back and invited us to attack whilst hitting us on the counter to great effect.

Agreed lets give St. Johnstone some praise though their tactics were spot on,fought for every ball in midfield.Our midfield players are lightweight.They hit quickly on the break and our defence was sleeping.On a positive note its early days and imsure we will build again come january.Hard game sunday but im sure Warburton will have them up for it

Came home after a late shift and watched a tape of the game.

The big difference for me was 2 defensive lapses for the 2nd and 3rd goals together with missing a couple of good chances.

There was always the chance a team that defended well against us and took their chances on the break would win and that is what happened.

I don't think we were as bad as I thought from reading some comments earlier and if that Waghorn header gone in or Oduwa's shot had hit the bar and gone in we could have been looking at a different result

Exactly this, Saints executed so well, 4 shots on target and three goals, disappointing that we gave them the space but we were pressing for a goal and that leaves space.

It's something we'll learn from, thought every player worked hard, showed and never hid, we just couldn't break down a resolute defence, two banks of 4 with little space to work. The goals should have came, but didn't, and Wilson I thought was slack for two of their goals, but I'll need to rewatch.

But on the whole, we weren't deserving of a defeat in all honesty, there was spells they were camped in and couldn't get out, the goal needed to come then and if it did, we'd have won it IMO.

Hardly anything, bar the result and a few slack bits of play to be down about. We'll learn more from this than Saints will.

Crickey, just seen the score and there's sme major reassessment needed after that result.

Reading the report, we had our chances, but again failed to take them. Something I said a few months ago and could end being a problem.

The immediate problem for me is that that's my treble bet up, so early as well.

We may well not have ever had any real chance of winning the treble, but I'd have hoped to get a bit further in the cups than we have thus far.

The only thing for it is to carry on and concntrate 100% now on winning the league.

Fuck staying down in this division for another year.