Sign in to follow this  
G.E.C.

*** The Official Greenock Morton V Rangers Match Thread ***

TheMotor, on 27 Sept 2015 - 2:29 PM, said:

Rangers on the right, in case you were wondering ;)

2v3imxj.jpg

The total shots and on target for Morton is more than we should have allowed, our defence at times especially in the last 10-15 minutes of the 1st half I thought were very poor and were fortunate not to concede a goal, but that said overall another good result and a nice Waggy hat trick plus another brilliant goal from Tav.

HG5 likes this

The total shots and on target for Morton is more than we should have allowed, our defence at times especially in the last 10-15 minutes of the 1st half I thought were very poor and were fortunate not to concede a goal, but that said overall another good result and a nice Waggy hat trick plus another brilliant goal from Tav.

4-0 away from home is a great result well done Rangers however looking at the bigger picture the defence is a worry.

Going through the season we have got away with it, against hibs away in the first 30 mins things could have been different if they had a finisher the same applies more so with the hibs game at Ibrox. Against stmirren the goal we conceded was very poor and came at a time when we looked like we were going to destroy them.

Alloa away we scored and they went straight up the park and equalised, Livingston and dumbarton had their chances against us and these frailties caught up with us on Tuesday night.

Again today morton had too many opportunities for my liking. In this league the opposition dont look like they can capitalise on this but going forward we need to address this problem for our bigger ambitions.

I must be the only bear that continues to lose or miss out on money betting on my team .4-0 and I still lost money .Jesus

You shouldn't bet on us to lose then :D Ha Ha

HG5 likes this

I would be shocked if Morton were to lose anything like 4-0 to Rangers. It would take Morton's worst performance at home in a couple of years to lose so heavily.

Rangers favourites, but expecting Morton to score, and really wouldn't rule out Morton getting something out of the game.

Morton unbeaten in 6 and were by far the better team against SPL Motherwell the other night. The tight pitch, at what is now a sold-out Cappielow, will be a bit of a strange experience for most of the Rangers team. Going to be interesting.

Someone may just be in a state of shock! :)

HG5 and corkinator like this

You shouldn't bet on us to lose then :D Ha Ha

No like a dick I never touched them today bud until we were coasting at 3-0 .Then I stuck 20 on -4 .Would have got me 45 .Easy money I thought and then my recent luck and Rangers habit of easing off took over.Cashed in on 13 when it was 3-0 .Glad I least done that .Ive got nightmare luck at mo.Im constantly preaching don't be greedy but we are talking hundreds overall .
HG5 likes this

Happy with that. Played well. Was important to get a good win after the St Johnstone debacle.

McKay still frustrates me though, little end product and dithers on the ball in the box too long instead of shooting or releasing early.

That's just a side point - not taking away from a good performance

Well done Rangers.

No like a dick I never touched them today bud until we were coasting at 3-0 .Then I stuck 20 on -4 .Would have got me 45 .Easy money I thought and then my recent luck and Rangers habit of easing off took over.Cashed in on 13 when it was 3-0 .Glad I least done that .Ive got nightmare luck at mo.Im constantly preaching don't be greedy but we are talking hundreds overall .

I've given your post a 'like'.

No because I'm happy you've lost out, just a sympathy vote!

eejay the dj likes this

Very happy with that result, yes it would be easy to get worried about the defence at times but this is the W & W way and 0 - 4 away from home in any league game is fine by me. (tu)

Not so sure about the W&W way - rather than being exposed as a result of pushing people forward, we seemed to have more difficulty when we had a few players back, imo.

Not so sure about the W&W way - rather than being exposed as a result of pushing people forward, we seemed to have more difficulty when we had a few players back, imo.

All about opinions mate (tu) I think it is how W & W want to play, very attacking and that means leaving us a bit exposed at the back at times, but after the way we have played for the last few years I am enjoying the attacking style. I do accept it will cost us goals against better teams at times.

I also think we have to remember this team has only been together for a short time and the longer they train and play they will get better at playing this way IMO. (tu)

HG5 likes this

All about opinions mate (tu) I think it is how W & W want to play, very attacking and that means leaving us a bit exposed at the back at times, but after the way we have played for the last few years I am enjoying the attacking style. I do accept it will cost us goals against better teams at times.

I also think we have to remember this team has only been together for a short time and the longer they train and play they will get better at playing this way IMO. (tu)

Indeed (tu)

Agree with all that mate, just don't think our problems at the back (albeit they didn't actually come to much!) were caused by being short staffed there because we were pressing forward too much - usually appeared to be plenty back, yet we still got in a few scrapes.

Still, couple of chances for Wes to show how good a shot-stopper he is - that double save was a belter!

Bears r us likes this

4-0 away from home is a great result well done Rangers however looking at the bigger picture the defence is a worry.

Going through the season we have got away with it, against hibs away in the first 30 mins things could have been different if they had a finisher the same applies more so with the hibs game at Ibrox. Against stmirren the goal we conceded was very poor and came at a time when we looked like we were going to destroy them.

Alloa away we scored and they went straight up the park and equalised, Livingston and dumbarton had their chances against us and these frailties caught up with us on Tuesday night.

Again today morton had too many opportunities for my liking. In this league the opposition dont look like they can capitalise on this but going forward we need to address this problem for our bigger ambition.

All teams will create or get a couple of chances in a game at every level and that's the way it is in football, at least in the vast majority of matches. I'm happy enough with a clean sheet even if that means kicking a couple off the line or a penalty save. Looking for or expecting perfection in ninety minutes is a pretty fruitless exercise, I think. .

It was a very good day at the office for us. Next, please. :)

Tiger Shaw likes this

Indeed (tu)

Agree with all that mate, just don't think our problems at the back (albeit they didn't actually come to much!) were caused by being short staffed there because we were pressing forward too much - usually appeared to be plenty back, yet we still got in a few scrapes.

Still, couple of chances for Wes to show how good a shot-stopper he is - that double save was a belter!

That's probably why Eustace is still being given a chance to impress enough for a full contract, I imagine if he came in we wouldn't have such of a short staffing issue at the back (tu)

If he doesn't work out I'm sure they'll have someone earmarked for next season.

HG5 likes this

Thot we would have won by 3 or 4 goals. Glad for waggy finally getting a hat trick.

But We could have lost a couple of goals today tho. Need to do better at the back

HG5 likes this

That's probably why Eustace is still being given a chance to impress enough for a full contract, I imagine if he came in we wouldn't have such of a short staffing issue at the back (tu)

If he doesn't work out I'm sure they'll have someone earmarked for next season.

Good point.

Be good if we could make some progress there, before too long.

(tu)

All teams will create or get a couple of chances in a game at every level and that's the way it is in football, at least in the vast majority of matches. I'm happy enough with a clean sheet even if that means kicking a couple off the line or a penalty save. Looking for or expecting perfection in ninety minutes is a pretty fruitless exercise, I think. .

It was a very good day at the office for us. Next, please. :)

Think your missing my point mate. Of course all teams will create chances, my gripe is how easily this is happening and it has been there for all to see. I strongly fancied us for either the League or Scottish cup this season and Tuesday night was a big disappointment, it was defending that cost us. To have a good run in the Scottish cup we need to address this now.

HG5 likes this

Indeed (tu)

(tu)