*** The Official Greenock Morton V Rangers Match Thread ***

G.E.C.

With Falkirk, QOTS, Hivs and St Midden all dropping points this weekend, taking full points tomorrow after a good result for Morton and a poor one for us midweek will tell you a lot about our team this season. I'd go with -

Fod,

Tav, Ball, Kiernan, Wallace

Holt, Halliday, Law

Walsh (if fit), Waggy, McKay

4-1 Gers and back to the way we were 3/4 weeks ago

I think we'll win it, but I'd be looking for a bit of freshness and MW needs to change things around a wee bit. NOthing daramatic, just a bit of tweeking here and there, give someone else a chance to start a game.

Hopefully a 3-0 win tomorrow to get us back on track and this now is the only show in town as far as we're concerned.

Expect it to be a difficult game, Morton are playing with a lot of confidence at the moment.

The thing that worries me the most is the pace of Samuel and Johnstone against our centre backs if we're playing a high line. Tidser is also a talented player.

From what I've seen, I'd say their keeper Gaston (outwith us) is the best we'll come across in this league. Guy is unbelievable at times.

Their right back area is a weak link that Wallace and McKay could exploit, the boy Kilday is absolutely rank rotten.

Kilday was playing CB at the start of the season - I take it he moved back to RB once Luca arrived on loan from us?.

Gaston is the one worry I have for us playing them. Seen quite a bit of Morton last season when working at Cappielow and they were very poor (and their start to the season has surprised me greatly) but he makes some outstanding saves. He could really frustrate us although enough chances and a few should go in.

With Falkirk, QOTS, Hivs and St Midden all dropping points this weekend, taking full points tomorrow after a good result for Morton and a poor one for us midweek will tell you a lot about our team this season. I'd go with -

Fod,

Tav, Ball, Kiernan, Wallace

Holt, Halliday, Law

Walsh (if fit), Waggy, McKay

4-1 Gers and back to the way we were 3/4 weeks ago

Good practical team selection.

I wonder if anyone will pay for the shambles against St Johnstone though i accept we are extremely limited in choices. CB, CDM and CF are problem areas needed addressed.

At the back i don't think we have any options as i would have Ball in front of back 2.

As a midfield 3 i would like to see Ball in behind Halliday left and Zelalem right.

And up front, Miller binned for McKay and Oduwa playing wide of Waghorn.

I would be shocked if Morton were to lose anything like 4-0 to Rangers. It would take Morton's worst performance at home in a couple of years to lose so heavily.

Rangers favourites, but expecting Morton to score, and really wouldn't rule out Morton getting something out of the game.

Morton unbeaten in 6 and were by far the better team against SPL Motherwell the other night. The tight pitch, at what is now a sold-out Cappielow, will be a bit of a strange experience for most of the Rangers team. Going to be interesting.

We will hammer your wee team tomorrow then you can scuttle off back to wherever you came from.