Rangers Fans And The Scottish National Team...

graeme_4

Rangers fans and the Scottish national team...  

610 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Scotland team?

• I go to games
    • I'm an armchair fan
    • I couldn't care less
    • I actively dislike / hate them
  2. 2. Have you always felt this way

3. 3. If you don't like the team, why?

• I do like the team
    • Because it represents the SFA
    • Because of nationalism (eg SNP/Yes voters)
    • Because of the 'traitors' in the squad
    • Because I think the 'Tartan Army' hate Rangers
  4. 4. Do you think less of Rangers fans that so support Scotland

I don't really care about the national team but that goes for International football as a whole. World cup etc doesn't really interest me much but I suppose if Scotland actually made a final I might show a bit of interest. I'm the same with champions league if Rangers aren't in it, the only team I can be passionate about is us. I follow Chelseas results aswell but I don't get to down if they get beat. It's all about Rangers for me really.

The Kilt is not even our national dress, It was only really worn by the highlanders who were the minority population,

As far as I am aware the Kilt arrived in Scotland through the Celts, The Celts were not the first inhabitants of this country and I am sure they arrived here from Northern Spain.

I'm in between armchair fan and don't care - I'll watch them if the game is interesting but wouldn't change plans to ensure I seen them generally.

I have never been as in to Scotland as I am Rangers (which goes without saying for my generation I think) but seeing Brown as Scotland captain does irk me (mainly because he's a bad footballer who is a cardboard hardman and constantly is embarrassing to watch).

I can understand the annoyance of our supporters who can't make the distinction between sfa/fans of other clubs etc who wish harm on us but I try to differentiate the team from them.

So I'd like Scotland to win but I don't get upset about it - I also want England, Wales and Northern Ireland to do well and I'm particularly happy for the latter as we have so many Rangers Supporting lads from over there who love their team and will have a cracking time next summer :)

GM

But equally our support readily throws out that Scotland fans are all just drunken yes supporting trannies in kilts, which isn't the case either. There's a lot of Bears that do support the Scotland team, and that's historically been the case.

Historically yes but it's patently obvious that's not the case anymore

Perhaps there is an age angle to this as well. I grew up in a time when we qualified regularly for the major tournament's, with a good selection of Rangers players throughout the team. I would describe myself as a proud Scotsman who fully appreciate it's position within the Union. I would certainly not give anyone the satisfaction of turning me agianst my country due to them chanting stuff about Independence, just like folk that backed Independence wouldnt be put off going to a Rangers game because of its strong links to unionism.

Alas my country's footballing development since the late nineties has went backwards, I despair at the amount of courageous failures they seem to produce. I do hope sometime in the near future we will see a good number of Rangers players once again represent their country with pride and passion. I totally understand those who despise the SFA as they have fucked us over big time.

Anyway each to their own, at our club we fly both the Saltire and The Union flag making us the club of The People :scot::uk:

Supporting Scotland is pretty much supporting the SFA putting money into their little pockets.

SFA are corrupt to the core and those that go and spend money to watch the team are more or less advocating the

destruction of Scottish football as a whole.

Get rid of this corrupt board and maybe I will show interest in the national team again,

Leggo eater as captain......says it all really.

Perhaps there is an age angle to this as well. I grew up in a time when we qualified regularly for the major tournament's, with a good selection of Rangers players throughout the team. I would describe myself as a proud Scotsman who fully appreciate it's position within the Union. I would certainly not give anyone the satisfaction of turning me agianst my country due to them chanting stuff about Independence, just like folk that backed Independence wouldnt be put off going to a Rangers game because of its strong links to unionism.

Alas my country's footballing development since the late nineties has went backwards, I despair at the amount of courageous failures they seem to produce. I do hope sometime in the near future we will see a good number of Rangers players once again represent their country with pride and passion. I totally understand those who despise the SFA as they have fucked us over big time.

Anyway each to their own, at our club we fly both the Saltire and The Union flag making us the club of The People :scot::uk:

I sincerely hope independence supporters are put off supporting Rangers

I don't dislike the team as such just certain members of it and if Scotland is on the telly then I would watch it but would not go out of my way.

After the Poland game for a laugh I went onto a tartan tranny forum and could not believe the amount of comments from what you could call "decent" supporters commenting on the amount of alcohol that was drank in full view of the police/stewards.

There was also a comment about some fans with Aberdeen accents snorting coke and drinking again in full view. The guy actually mentioned their seat numbers. Now if any of our support even thought about that they would be lifted before you could say Scotland The Brave.

So there is definitely one rule for them and one for us especially in the mhedia where they can do no wrong, a bit like celtc it seems.

Ok perhaps I should have said yes voters then but I dont think Rangers will be in any position soon to deny anyone from buying tickets to attend Rangers games do you? I think we may need to accept our support is a broad church these days ?

Ok perhaps I should have said yes voters then but I dont think Rangers will be in any position soon to deny anyone from buying tickets to attend Rangers games do you? I think we may need to accept our support is a broad church these days ?

You can't really stop anyone buying ticket in a free country so that's a meaningless point.

But I still believe and always will that supporting the break up of the union contradicts being a Rangers fan, and I certainly don't want to be amongst nationalists when I'm at games.

Strange thing this, to wish Rangers to be weakened.

And you think less of Rangers fans that support Scotland? Don't make me laugh.

Strange thing this, to wish Rangers to be weakened.

And you think less of Rangers fans that support Scotland? Don't make me laugh.

Its a small enough minority where I doubt we'd be weakened.

I wasn't taking the poll that seriously in truth, I don't think less of people for it really but I do find it a bit difficult to understand.

Its a small enough minority where I doubt we'd be weakened.

I wasn't taking the poll that seriously in truth, I don't think less of people for it really but I do find it a bit difficult to understand.

Personally, I think there are loads of rangers fans that are Yes voters. From anecdotal evidence, I'd definitely say so. A fairly high percentage (although not a majority) of Bears I know and work with, people on here as well, voted Yes. I also struggle to believe that a substantial number of the 1.6 Million Yes voters were not Bears. There's plenty of folk on here that voted Yes. You can bet your bottom dollar they won't be the only ones.

I think if we lost them, all it would do is make it easier for sellic to be more successful than us. We need every fan.

Personally, I think there are loads of rangers fans that are Yes voters. From anecdotal evidence, I'd definitely say so. A fairly high percentage (although not a majority) of Bears I know and work with, people on here as well, voted Yes. I also struggle to believe that a substantial number of the 1.6 Million Yes voters were not Bears. There's plenty of folk on here that voted Yes. You can bet your bottom dollar they won't be the only ones.

I think if we lost them, all it would do is make it easier for sellic to be more successful than us. We need every fan.

Can only agree to disagree then, obviously there's some but not enough where I think there'd be a significant dent in our support if they disappeared.

As I pointed out before though it's a free country so you can't stop anyone being a Rangers fan, I'm simply expressing my own views.

I dislike them and get a good chuckle when they get beat. I've always felt this way to a certain extent, but my hatred for them has certainly gotten stronger in recent years for obvious reasons.

In terms of why I hate them, all the reasons in the poll from 2-5 apply.

I don't necessarily think any less of Rangers fans who do support them, I just don't understand how they can.

You can't really stop anyone buying ticket in a free country so that's a meaningless point.

But I still believe and always will that supporting the break up of the union contradicts being a Rangers fan, and I certainly don't want to be amongst nationalists when I'm at games.

It's not contagious.

Must have been after the World Cup in 1990 i lost total interst in the National team...last game i attended was years before V Spain at Hampdump.....in true Tam Mullen style the tickets were comps for the main stand.....Kenny Dalglish scored the winner.

the constant "glorious failures" wore me down and i grew totally apathetic to them.

I couldnt care less is they win lose or draw (no Danny Baker jokes) and wouldnt even bother to watch them either.....truth be told i find the whole kilt/tartan/frilky shirt tied with string thing totalky fuckin embarassing. Everycunt must think we are all ginger heided alcoholics who roam the streets of scotland pished sining doe a fuckin deer whilst wearing a skirt

as far as fellow bears supporting Scotland goes i wish them no ill will or malice. Each to their own but not for me.