*** The Official Hibs V Rangers Match Thread ***

Team needs a wee shake up.

Back 4 and keeper the same as recent weeks.

Up top I'd have Waghorn, if fo no better reason than to keep Kenny on the bench. Miller can maybe do a job in the second half against tired defenders but cannot start in my opinion.

Law has to start. Midfield has been poor of late and I think he deserves a place in the first 11 after recent performances. As does Dean Shiels. Dean made a difference last week against ST Mirren when he came on with his drive and energy and always seems to do well against Hibs. Last player in the central 3 is Halliday. Not been up to his usual standards but defensively decent and a player we need. Just hope he can keep the head.

That leaves no place for Zelalem or Holt. Zelalem was really poor last week and we can have no passengers on Sunday. I think he'll come good in the future but after last week's performance he can't be risked by starting against Hibs. Holt's exclusion isn't so easily justified, especally after the way he took his goal from a tight angle last week. I just feel we need something fresh and if I'm starting Shiels and Law then sadly I can't start Holt. Warburton will though, this is just my opinion on how we should line up.

Out wide is easy. Oduwa if fit and McKay. So.....

Foderingham

Tavernier Ball Kiernan Wallace

Halliday

Shiels Law

Oduwa Mckay

Waghorn

Lastly just to add, I hope the Hibs keeper gets a warning early doors from the referee about time wasting. Does my fucking head in every time we play them, last season also. Takes an age to get the ball back in to play any time it goes out and what's strange is that it doesn't seem to matter what score it is. Obviously time wasting is most effective late in the game when your team has a narrow lead but this cunt does it from the first whistle to the last no matter the score. Hibs could be getting beat by 1 goal and he still does it. Sorry rant over but watch out for it on Sunday.

Anyway 4-1 Rangers.

I think we have the players to win this easily its up to how they perform on the day. We have done well so far home and away so cant see us slipping up in this one.

My main worry is upfront but not a problem if we get goals from other areas as we have been doing.

Team needs a wee shake up.

Back 4 and keeper the same as recent weeks.

Up top I'd have Waghorn, if fo no better reason than to keep Kenny on the bench. Miller can maybe do a job in the second half against tired defenders but cannot start in my opinion.

Law has to start. Midfield has been poor of late and I think he deserves a place in the first 11 after recent performances. As does Dean Shiels. Dean made a difference last week against ST Mirren when he came on with his drive and energy and always seems to do well against Hibs. Last player in the central 3 is Halliday. Not been up to his usual standards but defensively decent and a player we need. Just hope he can keep the head.

That leaves no place for Zelalem or Holt. Zelalem was really poor last week and we can have no passengers on Sunday. I think he'll come good in the future but after last week's performance he can't be risked by starting against Hibs. Holt's exclusion isn't so easily justified, especally after the way he took his goal from a tight angle last week. I just feel we need something fresh and if I'm starting Shiels and Law then sadly I can't start Holt. Warburton will though, this is just my opinion on how we should line up.

Out wide is easy. Oduwa if fit and McKay. So.....

Foderingham

Tavernier Ball Kiernan Wallace

Halliday

Shiels Law

Oduwa Mckay

Waghorn

Lastly just to add, I hope the Hibs keeper gets a warning early doors from the referee about time wasting. Does my fucking head in every time we play them, last season also. Takes an age to get the ball back in to play any time it goes out and what's strange is that it doesn't seem to matter what score it is. Obviously time wasting is most effective late in the game when your team has a narrow lead but this cunt does it from the first whistle to the last no matter the score. Hibs could be getting beat by 1 goal and he still does it. Sorry rant over but watch out for it on Sunday.

Anyway 4-1 Rangers.

You say you'd start Shiels and Law because of their recent performances, yet you'd leave out Holt...

Contradiction or Irony. Holts been the game changer the last few weeks so surely he deserves to start before either?

You say you'd start Shiels and Law because of their recent performances, yet you'd leave out Holt...

Contradiction or Irony. Holts been the game changer the last few weeks so surely he deserves to start before either?

Have to agree with you re Holt . I'd certainly start him .

Also agree with Jamie re Zelalem , though not because of the reason. I just feel hibs game will be too physical for him and fear he may be bullied out the game a bit. Law and Shiels have both played well recently , so I'd go with Law and Holt with Shiels available to come on later to give us that extra push.

Think hibs will go for it , allowing us to pick them off. 3-1 Gers.

Not sure why we'd throw Ball in at DM, when we've not played him there before and he's doing great at CB - has anyone actually seen him play there?

I think the team picks itself really...

Wes

Tav Ball Kiernan Wallace

Halliday

Holt Zelalem

Oduwa Waghorn McKay

Only question mark for me would be Law in for Zelalem possibly. Hope Miller comes on later in the game when it is stretched, far better 'impact' player.

halliday a great player but doesn`t really do the defensive mid fielder to well ? think ball would protect the defence much better .

I'd start with Shiels, but I'm not sure about Law. Maybe Holt will/could start and Law can replace him later in the game.

I'm feeling fairly excited about this and believe we can win it relatively easily. Well we may have to fight for it initially, but I'm looking for a 3-1 win to the Gers.

Don't think it's a contradiction. I justified it by saying I wanted to freshen things up a bit. Holt is a good player for where we are right now but will need to improve. His goal last week was a tremendous strike but he would have had a much easier angle if hie didn't fuck up his first touch so badly.

Have to agree with you re Holt . I'd certainly start him .

Also agree with Jamie re Zelalem , though not because of the reason. I just feel hibs game will be too physical for him and fear he may be bullied out the game a bit. Law and Shiels have both played well recently , so I'd go with Law and Holt with Shiels available to come on later to give us that extra push.

Think hibs will go for it , allowing us to pick them off. 3-1 Gers.

So will Warburton. I wouldn't though because I'd like to see a couple of changes.

Don't think it's a contradiction. I justified it by saying I wanted to freshen things up a bit. Holt is a good player for where we are right now but will need to improve. His goal last week was a tremendous strike but he would have had a much easier angle if hie didn't fuck up his first touch so badly.

So will Warburton. I wouldn't though because I'd like to see a couple of changes.

Holt would never have scored that goal if he'd had a good first touch, as they say fortune favors the brave.