Poppy Scotland Donation

teneriferanger

It isn't true. Simple as that, a lie. Most likely concocted in an attempt to hide their shame. Unlike them we don't try to buy our morality.

Rangers FC raises donations every year to poppyscotland, we also donate to worthy causes like Erskine year round. We don't do it for pats on the back though.

It's a sad situation that certain groups are trying to use charitable donations as a point scoring tool. Especially when those groups annually show no respect for the actual cause.

There is a post going round various social media sites stating that Celtic donate £10,000 to the poppy Scotland appeal and goes on to say that Rangers FC make no donation.Im sure this is not true but can anyone come up with official figures so that I can reply.

Ask them how much they claim back in tax refunds made to charitable donations in their accounts each year?.

We always seem to hear of them donating money. Not us though cause we're fucking skint!

I'm pretty sure if we could donate large sums of money then we would be doing so. At least we welcome the armed forces into our stadium and treat them with respect. Also, we keep quiet during the moments of silence. That lot don't do that do they? Nah, just throw money at it.

I've already posted this in 2 threads in the general sports. This is what the Rangers Charity Foundation donates:

http://www.rangerscharity.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=571&Itemid=207

PLUS

On Armed Forces Day £1 from each programme sold gets donated to our troops.

I would say that's a hell of a lot more than £10k of shame money

EDIT

PLUS we allow poppyscotland to collect at our ground (unlike you). On Saturday there was 43000 bears at Ibrox if even half of them put £1 in the cans ten there's £20000 right there.

So for our ghuests tonight why don't you fck off back to Kerryfail Street and talk about how shit your team is because there is no story here

10k donation to say here you go have the money but we won't be selling poppies around our stadium,none on our strips,and we'll disrupt the minutes silence.

Accepting their money doesn't negate their sins. It does however help veterans who need that money because our government doesn't do an adequate job of looking after soldiers coming home.

They need every penny.