Well Done Dj

Thermopylae

He lays it on the line about the tims and the poppy at 19 minutes in the first 9th November podcast "It's all lip service nothing is ever done about it" ... also during the next call he puts nuremberg in his place by reminding him that nobody knows if the players came to Ibrox because of EBTs

http://www.clyde1.com/superscoreboard/features/listen-again/

I really like DJ, he gets a load of shit on here from some folks, but DJ is an ex-player and he prob only knows a little bit more of the football gossip than we do, he doesn't do the usual tarrier thing and pretend to be a lawyer and financial advisor, he says what he knows and thinks.

DJ's problem is that he's just too genuinely nice for his own good and especially so fielding calls on that nest of vipers.

Him and Davie Cooper were my first Rangers heroes.

I never got to shake Davie's hand or meet him.

I hope I meet Derek one day and get to shake him by the hand and thank him for the memories that I shared with my late father.

DJ's problem is that he's just too genuinely nice for his own good and especially so fielding calls on that nest of vipers.

I hope I meet Derek one day and get to shake him by the hand and thank him for the memories that I shared with my late father.

Good post.

Regardless of what they do after they hang up their boots we should never forget what our football heroes done for Rangers on the park. They lived our dreams and provided us with great memories and victories.

That includes Super Ally, who was a fantastic player for us. As a manager he was a disaster and let us all down with his belligerence and apparent interest in money before the football club but his goalscoring exploits will take a lot to surpass.

That's the thing about all this nonsense about EBTs. Whatever happens noone can take away the collective memories of past and present bears witnessing and celebrating 54 league titles being won.

It's all about what happens on the pitch.

These type of posts are why I signed up to this place. (tu)

Before my time but a favourite of my dad. Got an old autobiography of his in the house that I found going through my dads stuff, read it a couple years ago and enjoyed it.

Grew up with some great DJ moments and was happy to meet him in Manchester. Possibly not the shiniest coin in the fountain but seemed quite genuine. I have certainly met a number of ex Gers players who were nowhere near as pleasant.

Oleg .Big DJ was a footballing hero of mine too ,he scored the first goal in the 1976 Scf that I had slipped off to see without my Mum knowing .Shit hit the fan when I got home .Big time .I try real hard to give ex heroes the benefit of doubt but Big DJ and Ally have slipped out of compassionate zone ..Last 4 years have changed a lot of things fo me and I'm definitely not as forgiving as I used to be .Big DJ doesn't do nearly enough to defend us IMO considering he has been doing the same job for Snyde for years .Hope you get to shake his hand one day mate with your father looking down on you .Sadly I wouldn't cross the road to be honest .

Oleg .Big DJ was a footballing hero of mine too ,he scored the first goal in the 1976 Scf that I had slipped off to see without my Mum knowing .Shit hit the fan when I got home .Big time .I try real hard to give ex heroes the benefit of doubt but Big DJ and Ally have slipped out of compassionate zone ..Last 4 years have changed a lot of things fo me and I'm definitely not as forgiving as I used to be .Big DJ doesn't do nearly enough to defend us IMO considering he has been doing the same job for Snyde for years .Hope you get to shake his hand one day mate with your father looking down on you .Sadly I wouldn't cross the road to be honest .

Completely agree

I suppose if you asked him he would say he has to choose his targets carefully because if he was to go into bat for us to fight every injustice he would spend all his time arguing with rest of them and that would never be allowed to continue

The guys a legend, a Barca Bear, a terrific centre forward and a cracking centre half.

Scored the winner in a Cup Final against them at 16 years of age.

A hero of mine and always will be.

I think people also forget he played for Rangers in an era before the massive salaries kicked in. More justified in taking money from 'dubious media outlets' than some of the more recent stars who would sell their sous for 20 pieces of silver, yet who made millions out of Rangers.

The guys a legend, a Barca Bear, a terrific centre forward and a cracking centre half.

Scored the winner in a Cup Final against them at 16 years of age.

A hero of mine and always will be.

Said it before but I'll say it again,DJ'S ability and contributon to Rangers is vastly underrated,he gets in my 11 no bother . Gordon Smith says he'd easily be Rangers all time scorer if he'd not been so versatile and for me the best header of a ball I've ever seen.