stevotrueblue

Suggestions.

3,391 posts in this topic

Came across this striker the night and couldn't help but think this is exactly the kind of player our Scouting network (if we had one) should be out looking for before he got to the price he would cost now.

A true goal machine (actually has better score ratio already in Austrian league than Jelavic had,, and yep you guessed it with his old team Rapid as well. They must have some pretty decent scouts in Austria.

Being chased after this summer by Reading and Rapid have slapped a 3.5 mil price tag on him. Surprised me actually as when I looked at his goal ratio and bearing in mind Jelavic cost us £4mil off them , 5 yrs ago ,, thought they would have been after way more than that,, and that's just their asking price apparently.

He is only 24 and last season he was 8th top striker in all European leagues !!

I wonder how long before we are able to go after players like this again :(

1905912.jpg

His wiki page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Beri%C4%87

We dont have the funds to spunk 3 mil on one player plus the guy could probably usher a move to a better league than ours

We dont have the funds to spunk 3 mil on one player plus the guy could probably usher a move to a better league than ours

Oh,, i know we dont mate,,,, if only tho eh lol ,,, just made me think when I came across him and saw how he's been banging them in for 3 or 4 season at various clubs. You would think someone young like that in todays market would have a much higher asking price,, just gives you hope that there is still unfound gems out there,,, you just got to know where to look

I agree he will go on to bigger things,,

I wonder how long before we are able to go after players like this again :(

Players I've never heard of?

Rapid want 5m Euros for him and have rejected a bid of 4.25m Euros from Reading

Played against us home and away when he was with Maribor

I know we can't afford him either but that Cristiano Ronaldo guy looks some player for Real Madrid. Would be brilliant if we were able to make a move for him.

Need to be in champ league groups before can think about guys like this

Need to be in champ league groups before can think about guys like this

I couldnt care if it was champions league or championship style signing, if its a suggestion is there any chance we can maybe not have half the support clickin like fuck on some random pointless thread?

Theres a suggestion. A suggestion.

I couldnt care if it was champions league or championship style signing, if its a suggestion is there any chance we can maybe not have half the support clickin like fuck on some random pointless thread?

Theres a suggestion. A suggestion.

fuck sake, I'm just replying to the thread. I couldnt really give a fuck where it was posted

I wasn't even suggesting we sign him just now anyway,,which is why I never put him in the suggestions thread,, a thread I thought by its name was for serious suggestions on potential transfers.

I just thought he was an interesting player and it shows there are still players out there that are not going for crazy prices (by today's prices) that are consistent 20+ goals a season players.

I disagree that we would have to be playing in the Champ lg again before going after players like this again,, after all Reading are hardly champ lg material and we are signing players the now that could have gone to the championship,, more the funds that it is the issue right now.

Once back up in the SPFL and when back on our feet again I would like to think we could target players like this again,,, players around the 2-3 mil price tag ,,young with sell on potential. Just need some scouts to find them.

I thought Rapid were brutal during the Jelavic saga but Hibs changed my mind.

We should steer clear of players like him. He could be another Sebo.

could be another jelavic
1 person likes this

Who would you sign in January? Say MW has been given £800k-1.5m to spend.

Assuming we don't sign the big Latvian we have on trial I'd try to sign Connor Washington from Peterborough and test the sheeps resolve with a bid for Kenny Mclean. I reckon both would cost us around 850-1m. I would probably try to buy another CB but am not sure who and I think that we'd win the league comfortably with that.

Targetting a defensive central midfielder I'd go to Bolton who are struggling financially and try to buy Jay Spearing.

Good upbringing at Liverpool, only 27, combative and tenacious style.

Reckon you could get him for 750k if not less because of the club's position.

1 person likes this

Should be in Bears Den or somewhere else. This place is for actual news of a possible transfer. Clicked on it and the post is pish.

For the luv of Christos pack it in.