*** The Official Dumbarton V Rangers Match Thread ***

Captain Hilts

Yeah, but if our young guys are good enough they'll play too. Warbs isny daft.

Zelalem will improve too. He's not long 18. We get these guys to develop them. Arsenal will expect us to do that if they're going to give us anyone more developed than Zelalem in the future.

Strikes me MW will get the balance right.

You could fit the game time our youngsters have had in one 45 minute half of football so the balance isn't right. If you aren't going to bring on our youngsters 4-0 up against Dumbarton when are you going to bring them on. I dont care which one of the three subs you swap but at least one of our youngsters should have come on.

You could fit the game time our youngsters have had in one 45 minute half of football so the balance isn't right. If you aren't going to bring on our youngsters 4-0 up against Dumbarton when are you going to bring them on. I dont care which one of the three subs you swap but at least one of our youngsters should have come on.

McKay no count nut?

Ill defer to the manager who seems to know what he's doing.

It is if he doesn't think any are ready. Remember we're only 3 points up, we can't afford to play guys that aren't good enough yet. Perhaps Warbs is taking the view that Zelalem is better than others we have, or that no young player we have is yet good enough to justify jeopardising the loan market.

Yeah, but if our young guys are good enough they'll play too. Warbs isny daft.

Zelalem will improve too. He's not long 18. We get these guys to develop them. Arsenal will expect us to do that if they're going to give us anyone more developed than Zelalem in the future.

Strikes me MW will get the balance right.

Changed days, my man. I think we all need to get used to that.

With a score line as it was, having already brought on the usual two subs, can't see the justification for bringing him on instead of seeing a Rangers player get a run out. Exactly the time to see if a Hardie (or the like) can cut it at Rangers.

I could see the point if since they had arrived they had seen bugger all game time, however, they've had an abundance of it, including many starts. Let's not think here they haven't been developed.

Personally, I couldn't give a toss is he develops, particularly at the expense of the development of a Rangers player, however, as you make the point, if we are relying on EPL loans to give us a boost next season for a title challenge, I hope they are of a better standard than the two we got from Arsenal or Spurs.