*** The Official Dumbarton V Rangers Match Thread ***

Captain Hilts

Brilliant performance in that 2nd half, here`s a choice of headlines for the rags tomorrow..

Rampant Rangers rock Dumbarton, or Up ye Stubbs ye wonky eyed wanker.

I like the second one best :D

It is if he doesn't think any are ready. Remember we're only 3 points up, we can't afford to play guys that aren't good enough yet. Perhaps Warbs is taking the view that Zelalem is better than others we have, or that no young player we have is yet good enough to justify jeopardising the loan market.

Don't agree with your last statement. If a player is to get game time, it should be based solely on his ability and/or his potential to influence the particular game in our favour. Decision should not be based on risk of 'jeopardising the loan market' as you put it, or any gentlemen's agreement to give loanees game time.

I'm generally against use of loan players but as a short term measure, given our current position, I trust MW to use this market responsibly.

Amazing that fans will still find something to complain about even after such a comprehensive victory. We have a very young squad who haven't been together that long and you can't play everybody so instead of whinging why not just enjoy another excellent victory.

As for McKay, 21 is young and remember he is a player which a lot of fans couldn't believe got sent out on loan etc and it appeared he wasn't going to have a future with us, Warbs has shown confidence in him and it's paying off big time so just enjoy it!

Don't agree with your last statement. If a player is to get game time, it should be based solely on his ability and/or his potential to influence the particular game in our favour. Decision should not be based on risk of 'jeopardising the loan market' as you put it, or any gentlemen's agreement to give loanees game time.

I'm generally against use of loan players but as a short term measure, given our current position, I trust MW to use this market responsibly.

Totally disagree. If MW feels he can get good quality from loans (and he's said it will be an 'important' market) then he should definitely protect that market possibility, within the confines of making sure he wins the league. Young players will get the chance when they're good enough and ready. I'm confident of that.

Amazing that fans will still find something to complain about even after such a comprehensive victory. We have a very young squad who haven't been together that long and you can't play everybody so instead of whinging why not just enjoy another excellent victory.

As for McKay, 21 is young and remember he is a player which a lot of fans couldn't believe got sent out on loan etc and it appeared he wasn't going to have a future with us, Warbs has shown confidence in him and it's paying off big time so just enjoy it!

Bit harsh, maybe? It's a small point and a pretty amicable chat. :)

Amazing people on a forum discussing something isn't it? <cr>

With a score line as it was, having already brought on the usual two subs, can't see the justification for bringing him on instead of seeing a Rangers player get a run out. Exactly the time to see if a Hardie (or the like) can cut it at Rangers.

I could see the point if since they had arrived they had seen bugger all game time, however, they've had an abundance of it, including many starts. Let's not think here they haven't been developed.

Personally, I couldn't give a toss is he develops, particularly at the expense of the development of a Rangers player, however, as you make the point, if we are relying on EPL loans to give us a boost next season for a title challenge, I hope they are of a better standard than the two we got from Arsenal or Spurs.

your right mate we should have gave hardie 20 mins today and if he never got a hat trick then we would know he wasnt gonna cut it , we should prob send zelalem back tbh and tell wenger too get ox chamberlain or wilshire up or we dont want anyone

I've been very consistent all season in calling for game time for our own prospects win, lose or draw.

Totally disagree. If MW feels he can get good quality from loans (and he's said it will be an 'important' market) then he should definitely protect that market possibility, within the confines of making sure he wins the league. Young players will get the chance when they're good enough and ready. I'm confident of that.

We'll have to agree to disagree. If we have two promising players on the sidelines, one shouldn't be picked over the other to protect the loan market IMO. If anything, the nod should be given to our own players in such circumstances.

We'll have to agree to disagree. If we have two promising players on the sidelines, one shouldn't be picked over the other to protect the loan market IMO. If anything, the nod should be given to our own players in such circumstances.

Okey dokey, squire. :)

Discussing and whinging are two totally different things and all I see are some sour pusses who just want something to whinge about (which is my view ) :D

Before any of the subs were made I posted hoping to see the youngsters get game time. In fact before a ball was kicked I said get to 3-0 and bring them on. If we got a big lead this game was the perfect opportunity for it.

Before any of the subs were made I posted hoping to see the youngsters get game time. In fact before a ball was kicked I said get to 3-0 and bring them on. If we got a big lead this game was the perfect opportunity for it.

I think we need to remember that we've got a league to win, and he'll want to keep guys he expects to want to use regularly sharp.