*** The Official Dumbarton V Rangers Match Thread ***

Captain Hilts

Before any of the subs were made I posted hoping to see the youngsters get game time. In fact before a ball was kicked I said get to 3-0 and bring them on. If we got a big lead this game was the perfect opportunity for it.

Next week is the game to play a couple of youth players and the new boy in my opinion.

Then send them out on loan. Dumbarton and Alloa are prime candidates to throw in the youngsters once you get a decent lead.

or let them learn from our experienced players about everything it takes too be a rangers player and they can prove their worth in training , closed doors games and u21 games

Then send them out on loan. Dumbarton and Alloa are prime candidates to throw in the youngsters once you get a decent lead.

I reckon that will happen soon.

I think we need to remember that we've got a league to win, and he'll want to keep guys he expects to want to use regularly sharp.

Have to agree with you mate, the Manager's thoughts for any game is not only for the 11 who start, but the additional subs who may have to be used.

Managers do not have the advantage of hindsight, unlike a few fans.

Well done Mr Warburton, keep doing what you're doing.

We'll have to agree to disagree. If we have two promising players on the sidelines, one shouldn't be picked over the other to protect the loan market IMO. If anything, the nod should be given to our own players in such circumstances.

Hard choice that for the manager.

Obviously we are loaned players by clubs who want to see them get action on the park. If we don't give then game time then we not be able to arrange other loans, our credibility will be gone. That is basically the business side of it.

I also think if loanees are successful this encourages other clubs to lend us better players, (unfortunately we are not quite in a position to buy the successful ones, their club will have achieved what they wanted and take them back.)

However, I think Mr Warburton has got it right so far. In the big games he has played the best, most consistent players, and not Oduwa or Zelalem.

The most important is that it looks as if we may now have a much more consistent team regardles if we play squad players or loanees, and if we can put a wee bit distance between ourselves and Hibs, I believe the youngsters will get more opportunities too. Win, win all round. :)

(If anyone sees a problem with this just think back a year when none of the team, squad or youngsters were performing consistently. And no one was interested in giving us loan players. :angry::anguish: )

Ok ill do it this way then who is good enough to come on and keep the team at the same level. Once they are up to that standard am sure they get a chance.

Thompson and Hardie, the same two that were brought on against Dumbarton at Ibrox

EDIT

We were 3-0 up at the first sub, why does it have to be at the same level the game was over.

Thompson and Hardie, the same two that were brought on against Dumbarton at Ibrox

Thompson is not a product of our academy. So taking him out of it maybe hardie. So we currently have 1 player that could possibly come in and do the job. I'll put my trust in warbs tho if he thinks he's ready he'll play most weeks

Strikes me that Law is a proper good player. I think we look way better with him in the team.

This season Warburton is bringing in loan players for the championship. Next year as long as he maintains the relationship with the epl he'll bring in loan players good enough for the SPL. Trust the man. He's as ambitious as every one of us. I'm off up the pub (way down South to celebrate an effin good win) Good times at last

EDIT

We were 3-0 up at the first sub, why does it have to be at the same level the game was over.

Why does it have to be the same level simple really the fans demand the same level 3-0 up or 10 up. Earn your shirt at our club don't just be given it.